The Offensive Perspective: Idzik's draft position.

Villain The Foe

My final mock draft had me trading down both the 9th and 13th picks to rack up on late 1st round and 2nd round picks. It does seem like the Jets tried to trade down with the 13th but couldnt. Nonetheless, we are all on fire for the 2 defensive players taken by the Jets but let me provide alittle offensive perspective here.

All 10 of the top 10 RB's are still available. (wasnt expecting this one lol) Notables: Lacy, Bernard

7 of the top 10 WR's are still available. Notables: Allen, Hunter, Rodgers, Williams

9 of the top 10 TE's are still available Notables: Ertz, Kelce, Stoneburner (sleeper)

9 of the top 10 QB's are still available. Notables: Nassib, Geno, Barkley

Look very closely at the above situation here. Now accept the fact that both Jordan and Austin were longshots to be at 9. John Idzik basically got us arguably the best player in the draft (Milliner) and the most versatile DT in the draft while (outside of offensive linemen) still having us in position to have our pickings at 35 of the top 40 players on the offensive side of the ball (with early picks), not to mention the solid Safeties and LB's still on the board as well.

We all need to chill and review things on Sunday.

My thoughts from another thread...

"My favorite day two options in no particular order, because who knows how things will shake out.  RB's: Gio Bernard, Jonathan Franklin, Knile Davis WR's: Aaron Dobson (yes I have a hard-on for this guy), Keenan Allen, Robert Woods TE's: Zach Ertz, Gavin Escobar and Travis Kelce.  And, please grab Miguel Maysonet somewhere along the line."

Thank you.. I just posted in another thread a similar post. The Jets need defensive players, as well as offensive players.... I am very happy they took the Mizzou tackle at 13. I think we got 2 very good players and that is what we haven't done in the past. I think everyone is consumed with how bad our offense is... but of course if we drafted Geno Smith and Eddie Lacy, all would be right with the world??...   wake up Jets fans! We have A LOT of holes. We drafted the best DT and the best CB in the draft.. There are many offensive guys left.

I'll just do the ones everyone talks aboot, no order:

OL: 

Warford

Bahktiari

Thomas

Winters?

Bailey?

Quessenberry?

Long?

TE:

Zac Ertz

Vance McDonald

Gavin Escobar

Travis Kelce

WR:

There's plenty of pass catchers with the TEs

Woods

Allen

Hunter

Hopkins

Williams

Dobson

Rogers

Patton

Safety:

Cyperin

McDonald

S. Thomas? P. Thomas? Swearinger?! 

DE/OLB:

Jamie Collins

Washington

Moore

Carradine

Lemonier

Q. Smith?

QB: 

Geno Smith

Maybe Nassib

Maybe Dysert

RB: 

Everyone is available 

I have no problems with the picks, Milliner was just way to much value to pass him up and this richardson kid looks like a beast (just have to find a place for him to play). Saying this I still beleive the next two picks have to be offense, It will be very interesting if Geno or Nassib is there for us in the 2nd rd.

Archived