Who will Rex Ryan let his subservient gimp draft in the 2nd/3rd?

T0mShane

It's pretty funny that you, the guy who's been saying nothing but that the Jets should try to win now and be competitive in 2013 are bending yourself in knots like the battered wife you are to defend moves that will do nothing to make the jets better in 2013. 

Lol wut? 

Ah mike...Barrel o' laughs. ]

Why won't they make the team better? They're not guards or RBs? 

It's pretty funny that you, the guy who's been saying nothing but that the Jets should try to win now and be competitive in 2013 are bending yourself in knots like the battered wife you are to defend moves that will do nothing to make the jets better in 2013. 

Bending myself into knots?  If these guys can play they make the Jets better. 

If you read one ******* post I made in response to you, you will know that I prefer BAP.  Supporting this does not in any way shape or form contradict that, but hey.. knock yourself out.  If you don't like the prospects that is a fair assessment, but whining about the positions is lame.  If Idzik knows what he is doing we are good if he doesn't we are screwed and that would be true if he picked a QB, G or WR.

PS: I love how the GREATEST GUARD PROSPECT IN GENERATIONS was not even the first guard off the board.  

OK, just cannot get past this.

If you really believe this, you are not even worth my reply.

But you did...

Tanny never rejected it. A guy, who just got fired and was looking for another gig in the NFL, would have denied it the moment it popped up. He didn't...

If you read one ******* post I made in response to you, you will know that I prefer BAP.  Supporting this does not in any way shape or form contradict that, but hey.. knock yourself out.  If you don't like the prospects that is a fair assessment, but whining about the positions is lame.  If Idzik knows what he is doing we are good if he doesn't we are screwed and that would be true if he picked a QB, G or WR.

PS: I love how the GREATEST GUARD PROSPECT IN GENERATIONS was not even the first guard off the board.  

They ALREADY had a good DL! They already had the no 2 ranked pass D in the NFL. And they were still uncompetative, How much better are they getting really?

But you did...

Tanny never rejected it. A guy, who just got fired and was looking for another gig in the NFL, would have denied it the moment it popped up. He didn't...

LOL.

Yeah, a guy looking for a new owner to hire him is going to PUBLICLY humiliate is former owner.

That would be a good move.

Now, behind closed doors, I assure you if Tanny got the interview, he would tell the truth, which includes that he was covering for his owner.

There is zero, and I mean zero chance that this move was not 100% Woody.

Remember when Idzik was "cool story bro"-ing Rex according to young Th0mas Shane and his disciples mere days ago?

Between that and Revis getting slightly more than 6 yrs/$70 mil the league is just chock full of surprises these days.

Whatever. Net result will be the same. Jets will go 5-11, Rex will be fired when Woody figures out that Rex no longer sells tickets, and we'll go into next season with a good corner, a good DL, and some cap room to overpay players willing to join a rebuild, which was exactly what we were doing the last two years. Mother****jbg Groundhog Day.

They ALREADY had a good DL! They already had the no 2 ranked pass D in the NFL. And they were still uncompetative, How much better are they getting really?

2011 - 494 pass attempts against for a 54.2 completion percentage and 6.7 ypa.

2012 - 507 pass attempts against for a 53.8 completion percentage and 6.5 ypa.

2013 - 510 pass attempts against for a 53.5 completion percentage and 6.4 ypa.

Book it.

LOL.

Yeah, a guy looking for a new owner to hire him is going to PUBLICLY humiliate is former owner.

That would be a good move.

Now, behind closed doors, I assure you if Tanny got the interview, he would tell the truth, which includes that he was covering for his owner.

There is zero, and I mean zero chance that this move was not 100% Woody.

ZERO chance according to you. 100% chance according to Woody. 100% according to Tanny until proven otherwise. Now that he has a job, Im sure his employer wont kick him off the firm for denying Tebow deal. I could have understood your argument if Tanny was still unemployed. But he's not.

ZERO chance according to you. 100% chance according to Woody. 100% according to Tanny until proven otherwise. Now that he has a job, Im sure his employer wont kick him off the firm for denying Tebow deal. I could have understood your argument if Tanny was still unemployed. But he's not.

Not sure if you are interested, but I have a bridge I am selling, I will make you a pretty good deal. I take Paypal

Between that and Revis getting slightly more than 6 yrs/$70 mil the league is just chock full of surprises these days.

Whatever. Net result will be the same. Jets will go 5-11, Rex will be fired when Woody figures out that Rex no longer sells tickets, and we'll go into next season with a good corner, a good DL, and some cap room to overpay players willing to join a rebuild, which was exactly what we were doing the last two years. Mother****jbg Groundhog Day.

Remember when he wanted all his moneyz up front in guarantees? 

An owner like Johnson would long ago have figured out long ago if Rex Ryan no longer sells tickets.

I know it has never halted you before, but once again these things you say are not true.

They also were not eliminated until Week 15, so technically they were competitive.

CB was a position of need.

Man-to-man pass defense takes fewer players than zone.  Most teams would play man, but they don't have the CB's.

The Jets' pass defense, in Revis and Cro, had the CB's who could do it, and the whole philosophy of the defense was where you use the extra man who gets freed up from this arrangement.

When Revis got hurt, Cro moved over to take the #1 receiver man-to-man, and proved he could do it well.  But Wilson frequently showed he couldn't keep up with the #2 in the same fashion.  Maybe statistically they didn't get hurt that bad, but you could see it was not the same defense when Revis went down.

The Jets needed a top man-to-man cover corner to restore the defense back to something like what it was with Revis, so they drafted what they thought was the best one.

Was that DeCastro or someone else?

Are you completely ******* dense?  BAP.  Best Available Player.  That's what I want.  You want to draft for need?  Knock yourself out.  You want to complain that other players were better?  Go nuts.  You want to claim that my philosophy is somehow inherently hypocritical? Then you are nuts.

Are you completely ******* dense?  BAP.  Best Available Player.  That's what I want.  You want to draft for need?  Knock yourself out.  You want to complain that other players were better?  Go nuts.  You want to claim that my philosophy is somehow inherently hypocritical? Then you are nuts.

This is moronic because you're setting up and comparison between drafting a kicker in the 2nd round because you NEED a kicker and completely ignoring that you already have good players at DL and drafting another DL. It's never that simple.

This is moronic because you're setting up and comparison between drafting a kicker in the 2nd round because you NEED a kicker and completely ignoring that you already have good players at DL and drafting another DL. It's never that simple.

I give up. The only thing I will agree with you about is that this is moronic.  You want to equate drafting a kicker because you NEED a kicker and passing over guys because you have minus level starters.  I assume Idzik drafted these guys because he thinks they are good. You are assuming that we have to draft a G or S or OLB because you don't like what we have there, but the fact is Vlad and Pace probably didn't play any worse last year than WIlson and they lost Pouha, but hey.  Those aren't needs. 

I give up. The only thing I will agree with you about is that this is moronic.  You want to equate drafting a kicker because you NEED a kicker and passing over guys because you have minus level starters.  I assume Idzik drafted these guys because he thinks they are good. You are assuming that we have to draft a G or S or OLB because you don't like what we have there, but the fact is Vlad and Pace probably didn't play any worse last year than WIlson and they lost Pouha, but hey.  Those aren't needs. 

Yeah you have a OLB who can't play and the worst OG in the NFL starting, they won't be any worse. 

Yeah you have a OLB who can't play and the worst OG in the NFL starting, they won't be any worse. 

Dude, they played last year on the same team that had Wilson.  Why are they worse, but Wilson and Howard better?  The draft isn't over.  FA isn't over.  If you are going for need in the draft, the place to do it is not the first round.  Remember Dwayne Robertson? 

Dude, they played last year on the same team that had Wilson.  Why are they worse, but Wilson and Howard better?  The draft isn't over.  FA isn't over.  If you are going for need in the draft, the place to do it is not the first round.  Remember Dwayne Robertson? 

Howard was a league average RT last season. Do you realize how much better Ducasse would have to be than last year to even be league average? I'm not arguing that Wilson sucks. He does. He's probably still closer to league avg than DUcasse or Pace.

He's going to put $32 mil in his pocket this year and next/

Or 16 in 1 due to the lack of guarantees. Plus he's got to work for that, and Revis doesn't want to work and so on.

I guess you didn't watch most of the season... explains alot.

It took a disastrous loss in Week 15 to knock them out of the playoffs and the pass D was not ranked second. This is what actually happened and not how you have imagined the story to be based on whatever you base it on (I assume something really simple like errrrrrrrrrrrrgh 6-10! or something). 

Or 16 in 1 due to the lack of guarantees. Plus he's got to work for that, and Revis doesn't want to work and so on.

It took a disastrous loss in Week 15 to knock them out of the playoffs and the pass D was not ranked second. This is what actually happened and not how you have imagined the story to be based on whatever you base it on (I assume something really simple like errrrrrrrrrrrrgh 6-10! or something). 

Yes it was.  In terms of yard against and completion perentage at least.

Archived