Live draft discussion - rounds 2-3

Sperm Edwards

i love the stuff that holgorsen runs... but his past qb's were weeden and keenam.. both great college qb's butttttttttttttttt havent done much since

so yeah, i think rodgers may be a bit too optimistic

Rodgers was a Tedford product and those QBs were all busts too.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a Star vs Richardson debate. That's about what it comes down to. You want the run stuffer or the penetrator. 

The thing is, Star isn't just a run stuffer -- he's disruptive as hell and penetrates the backfield.  He is the more natural fit.  Richardson is freakishly athletic, but they will have to get creative with schemes for him to take full advantage of his athleticism.  Clearly, Rex plans on using him in a variety of ways.  We'll see how that works out.

Both Floyd and Star were rated ahead of Richardson on the DT charts I've seen.

Supposedly Sharif has short arms, a negative for a DT (or anyone, I woud imagine?) and Star's heart stopped. nobody knows why.  they were there for the Jets if the Jets wanted them.  I think Richardson is the best athlete of the bunch.  And he might be more versatile.  He looks like a beast.

Rodgers was a Tedford product and those QBs were all busts too.

as i said.. if the jets are willing to run stuff he's comfortable with he can have success right away. but he's not going to run the offense that we've seen

like the redskins changing their offense around RGIII, we'll have to do the same thing

The thing is, Star isn't just a run stuffer -- he's disruptive as hell and penetrates the backfield.  He is the more natural fit.  Richardson is freakishly athletic, but they will have to get creative with schemes for him to take full advantage of his athleticism.  Clearly, Rex plans on using him in a variety of ways.  We'll see how that works out.

I love Star. All top 3 are probably going to be really good. 

The point is pending what kind of player they wanted, I'm pretty sure a lot of teams had Richardson 1st out of the 3 on their board. The Jets did. 

as i said.. if the jets are willing to run stuff he's comfortable with he can have success right away. but he's not going to run the offense that we've seen

like the redskins changing their offense around RGIII, we'll have to do the same thing

Yeah, they hired a new coordinator we were already going to see a new offense from Los Yets. Smith is not an RG3-esque prospect.

It's a Star vs Richardson debate. That's about what it comes down to. You want the run stuffer or the penetrator. 

I prefer penetration. 

Yeah.

Jeeeesus. Niners are just stacking the crazy athletic defensive picks.

Yup.

They've got everything else in place... that's what you get to do when you are already done with the rebuilding. We'll get there. :)

Archived