Geno Smith Is A Jet

Maxman

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am sick to my stomach. It has become increasingly clear that the Jets have no idea what the draft of all about. We've gone from an idiot gm to another.

You and your thread is an Idiot! Time for change my friend, time for a change. and I am back on board.

Definitely can't be unhappy about this.  Sanchez's sorry ass is on his way out the door and the Jets have at least another chance at having a QB.

On a side note, how amazingly glorious of an added bonus will it be if Manuel blows for the Bills and Geno works out for the Jets?

I like it. That would make it extra sweet.

Seems like a good guy, looking forward to how camp turns out.

My only problem with him is that his name reminds me of Gino Vannelli -- and I've had 'Living inside myself' in my head for 2 days.  It's starting to bug the crap out of me.

Would have STRONGLY preferred dumping Sanchez, and drafting a real QB next year. This has huge disaster written all over it.

Agreed, what happens if this team is beyond bad, and actually gets the 1st overall pick, AND Teddy Bridgewater is considered the next cant miss QB prospect, no doubt about it, Andrew Luck type sh*t? Do we trade out, and pass on the kid because we drafted a QB the year before in the 2nd, that might have been there round 3!

Ok, I'll admit it the media created controversy around this pick...I can't take the bullsh*t anymore. 

Where is the hands in the air for Glennon going in the 3rd to the Bucs??? OMG what are the Bucs thinking, right? What about Freeman, right? Nope, "good pick Bucs." 

How about Manuel going 16 when they just signed Kolb??? OMG what about Kolb, why would the Bills do this, right? Nope, "good pick Bills."

This 100% media created bullsh*t with the Jets has gone overboard.... and quite frankly, it bothers me. At least it really does tonight, lol. 

Agreed, what happens if this team is beyond bad, and actually gets the 1st overall pick, AND Teddy Bridgewater is considered the next cant miss QB prospect, no doubt about it, Andrew Luck type sh*t? Do we trade out, and pass on the kid because we drafted a QB the year before in the 2nd, that might have been there round 3!

Rex runs the show, he's taking Clowney.

Worry about that then.

Teams that do that never seem to win.  Hell the Panthers did that for years, so has the Browns.   How has that turned out for either team?  even with Newton, the Panthers still aren't a winning team and they have the better QB compared to the Bucs.  If Geno Smith is your guy, and picking in the second round kind of means he is or he isn't.  The 49ers picked Kapernick in the 2nd round.  Obviously Harbaugh thought he was the guy as they benched a QB who took the team to the NFC Championship the year before and was completing 70 percent of his passes last year before an injury.  And then the rest is history.    You either believe or you don't.   If you don't,  why even bother picking the guy in the second round?  That would be a waste of a draft pick.  It won't be a bust, but it'll still be a waste.     

To me,  you really only draft guys in the first 3 rounds who you think can start for you or contribute in one form or another.  You don't just waste picks and hope it all works out and then decide somebody else is better the next year.  that just means you never believed in the guy in the first place.    Imagine Joe Montana not getting much of a chance and somebody they thought was better came along the following year.   Yeah Geno is no Joe, but then again, Joe wasn't exactly a HOF QB back then either. At least not on paper.

If the guy sucks, then yes.  But if the guy never even gets a chance, it's a wasted pick.

Teams that do that never seem to win.  Hell the Panthers did that for years, so has the Browns.   How has that turned out for either team?  even with Newton, the Panthers still aren't a winning team and they have the better QB compared to the Bucs.  If Geno Smith is your guy, and picking in the second round kind of means he is or he isn't.  The 49ers picked Kapernick in the 2nd round.  Obviously Harbaugh thought he was the guy as they benched a QB who took the team to the NFC Championship the year before and was completing 70 percent of his passes last year before an injury.  And then the rest is history.    You either believe or you don't.   If you don't,  why even bother picking the guy in the second round?  That would be a waste of a draft pick.  It won't be a bust, but it'll still be a waste.     

To me,  you really only draft guys in the first 3 rounds who you think can start for you or contribute in one form or another.  You don't just waste picks and hope it all works out and then decide somebody else is better the next year.  that just means you never believed in the guy in the first place.    Imagine Joe Montana not getting much of a chance and somebody they thought was better came along the following year.   Yeah Geno is no Joe, but then again, Joe wasn't exactly a HOF QB back then either. At least not on paper.

So your pretty much saying that because Idzik BELIEVES Geno is his man, and this situation arises, it's ok to pass on the next cant miss QB, possibly once in a decade talent alla P Manning, A Luck, IF that's what he turns out to be? I don't get the Geno hype, dude can't read a D, every single play of his college career he faked a hard count, and looked to his coaches to tell him what to do, and no this doesn't mean he won't learn to, but at minimum he is a 3 year project with a GOOD cast around him, he just left a college team that has far superior at skill position players than the Jets do, and that's the truth, and very, very sad.

So your pretty much saying that because Idzik BELIEVES Geno is his man, and this situation arises, it's ok to pass on the next cant miss QB, possibly once in a decade talent alla P Manning, A Luck, IF that's what he turns out to be? I don't get the Geno hype, dude can't read a D, every single play of his college career he faked a hard count, and looked to his coaches to tell him what to do, and no this doesn't mean he won't learn to, but at minimum he is a 3 year project with a GOOD cast around him, he just left a college team that has far superior at skill position players than the Jets do, and that's the truth, and very, very sad.

if thats the case, why draft him at all?   They could have drafted far more useful players that would help the team in the next 3 years then.

It's impossible to know any of that right now, they have to let him play and see what they have. I believe Bridgewater is going to be awesome but who knows if they will even have a chance to draft him?

It's impossible to know any of that right now, they have to let him play and see what they have. I believe Bridgewater is going to be awesome but who knows if they will even have a chance to draft him?

It is, but it's not impossible to see Geno Smiths ceiling in the NFL is David Garrard, and we already have David Garrard on our roster.

We'll know a lot more about that after he gets to play this season... Let him play. At least we don't have to see Sanchez anymore.

He isn't going to play this year, at least he better not, he isn't NFL ready, if he was he wouldn't have been there at 39 plain, and simple, yes maybe if he sits behind a veteran for 2-3 years he could be great with the proper coaching, but starting him day one will ruin him, he isn't A Luck, or RGIII, he needs to sit, observe, and gain experience, yes maybe get him in a game late in the season when the Jets are officially playing for nothing so the pressure is off, and let him go out there, and throw it 50 times to just get a feel knowing that it won't matter if he throws 4 INT's the season is already a lost cause, but any time sooner than that, I would predict he takes the M Leinart, B Quinn career path, if he sits with a few clean up duty snaps, and season is over starts 2-3 years maybe he can be good.

He isn't going to play this year, at least he better not, he isn't NFL ready, if he was he wouldn't have been there at 39 plain, and simple, yes maybe if he sits behind a veteran for 2-3 years he could be great with the proper coaching, but starting him day one will ruin him, he isn't A Luck, or RGIII, he needs to sit, observe, and gain experience, yes maybe get him in a game late in the season when the Jets are officially playing for nothing so the pressure is off, and let him go out there, and throw it 50 times to just get a feel knowing that it won't matter if he throws 4 INT's the season is already a lost cause, but any time sooner than that, I would predict he takes the M Leinart, B Quinn career path, if he sits with a few clean up duty snaps, and season is over starts 2-3 years maybe he can be good.

Yes he's ready to play this year. He was a 4 year starter in college, played in a ton of bowl games and threw 1500 passes in a west cost offense. He threw for SIX HUNDRED FIFTY YARDS in a game this year. He's played a lot of football in his life. He'll play this year and we'll find out about him this year. 

Yes he's ready to play this year. He was a 4 year starter in college, played in a ton of bowl games and threw 1500 passes in a west cost offense. He threw for SIX HUNDRED FIFTY YARDS in a game this year. He's played a lot of football in his life. He'll play this year and we'll find out about him this year. 

I was down on Geno at 9 or 13.  For a 2nd rounder, wow...just shocked that was an option.

Agree on the experience.  He should be put out there right away and let's save Sexy Rexy's job.

If the guy sucks, then yes.  But if the guy never even gets a chance, it's a wasted pick.

No. You are mistaken.

Noooooo wayyyy! They did not make this pick to have him sit for 3 years haha I dont know how you could even believe this, no matter how much you want it to be true. Geno was picked to take Sanchez's job either now or half way through this season. Sanchez is going to be let go.

Idzik was questioned tnt if he could guarantee that Mark would be on the roster come training camp and refused to do it. This guy is not messing around. He believes Geno can be the guy and ya know what? If hes wrong, **** it who cares. It was a 2nd round pick and we're no worse off.

Whether or not this is a good thing I dont know but Geno will be starting this year at some point!

If the Jets are winning, they won't have a crack at that top pick. If they're playing so terrible that they look like they'll be in contention for the top pick, you have to believe that Geno will be given a number of starts to demonstrate something/anything before the season is over.

Can't imagine the Jets passing on a can't miss prospect at QB because they took a QB the year before, though. Especially if with him, the team was so bad that they're picking #1.

if thats the case, why draft him at all?   They could have drafted far more useful players that would help the team in the next 3 years then.

Drafting BAP in the early rounds is always smart. That's how you build a champion. If the Jets are picking #1, and Bridgewater is all that and a bag of chips, you take him - unless Geno Smith has already demonstrated that he's Brett Farve without the turnovers or obnoxious penis. Then you either take Clowney, or you trade down for first rounders the next few years.

No way pick #39 in 2013 dictates the board in 2014 - unless he's that good.

Archived