Geno Smith Is A Jet

Maxman

I feel bad for Geno.  Who knows what Sanchez could have been with a non buffoon coach and an organization that invested in his success by surrounding him with at least some talent.  I feel unless we get rid of the fat bastard we will be saying the same thing about Geno in a few years.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely can't be unhappy about this.  Sanchez's sorry ass is on his way out the door and the Jets have at least another chance at having a QB.

On a side note, how amazingly glorious of an added bonus will it be if Manuel blows for the Bills and Geno works out for the Jets?

Was thinking the same thing. We could finally have that story of a top tier QB falling, we stood pat and he landed to us in our laps.  I actually like the kid and hope he comes in with a chip on his shoulder and shuts everyone up.

Finally, a reason to look forward to the season. That's what taking a QB does for you...and I am not talking about taking some late round bum.

Same feeling.  There is nothing more exciting than the idea of having a new QB who can potentially, finally be that guy we've been waiting decades for.

i am sick to my stomach. It has become increasingly clear that the Jets have no idea what the draft of all about. We've gone from an idiot gm to another.

If you knew so much chief, I'm sure you would be employed by an NFL team. This isn't Madden Football.

Not excited, but not worried about it, either. 

If he turns out to be an actual franchise QB, it's the greatest pick of all time. If he doesn't, the 39th pick of the 2013 draft won't stop the Jets from aggressively addressing the position again next season. 

Unless you are just a miserable human being, how can you hate this pick? Don't be shocked, if he doesn't show promise, that they pick another QB next year, especially if they are high in the draft. This pick is a no lose situation. They didn't have to take him in the first round. They didn't have to trade up for him. We all know he is better than Sanchez. At this point in the draft, it was a no brainer... and we can finally say goodbye to the guy we did trade up in the first round, to get... Who knows how any of these guys turn out, but you cannot blame the Jets for taking a chance on Geno.

Pretty excited. Geno + Mornhinweg will lead to positive things, I think. Plus the whole idea of Sanchez having a highly talented young guy to lose to.

Frightening ... but I agree with you 2x in 2 nights on players

Would have STRONGLY preferred dumping Sanchez, and drafting a real QB next year. This has huge disaster written all over it.

It's a 2nd round pick.  The Jets have no reason to have anywhere near the committment to Geno that they have had to Sanchez.  If they don't think he's working out, the Jets won't hesitate to draft another QB if they have a shot at someone they really like.  It's another shot at maybe getting something out of the QB position, without marrying yourself to it in the same manner.  I know so many of our fans love nothing more than being able to whine about everything the Jets do, but this is hardly qualifying as the type of classic Jets ****-ups.

More offense in round 3?

Eddie Lacy, RB

Jonathan Franklin, RB

Montee Ball, RB

Le'Veon Bell, RB

Keenan Allen, WR

Terrance Williams, WR

Quinton Patton, WR

Vance McDonald, TE

Travis Kelce, TE

I'd take one of the solid Guards, like Warford or Winters and then take Geno's boo Stedman Bailey in the 4th.

But wouldnt be upset if Allen or Patton or Kelce were the picks in the 3rd. 

Screw drafting a RB.

Not excited, but not worried about it, either. 

If he turns out to be an actual franchise QB, it's the greatest pick of all time. If he doesn't, the 39th pick of the 2013 draft won't stop the Jets from aggressively addressing the position again next season. 

Well said.........biggest concern is that there is no reason to believe that our CS/FO won't destroy this QB the same way we did Sanchez.  

Unless you are just a miserable human being, how can you hate this pick? 

I can definitely tell you are new here.  Stick around, you'll see that your statement above is 100% true...lol.  I love the fact that we finally have a GM that is sticking to his board and thinking long-term instead of in "win-now" mode every single year.

Archived