Bring Tebow Back

Maxman

Seriously.  Take the cap hit with Sanchez.  Let Tebow and Garrard back up Geno Smith.  And see if Marty Morhinweg can figure out a way to get some mileage out of Timmy Football.  Yes, I just called him Timmy Football.

I am 100% OK with that. I actually want exactly that to happen. I could live without Garrard too. I want to see Simms just for the lollies. 

Dig up Chris and let him battle Matt.  Geno is superman so a backup QB isn't even needed.  :)

Ape logic: +1,0000,000,00 thousand reps

Garrard, Geno, Tebow

Cut the rest. Absolutely NO reason not to hang onto Tebow at this point. 

Start Garrard, develop both Geno and Tebow. Transition to whichever is best, trade the other BECAUSE QBs are like GOLD!!!! 

I wanted to bring back Tebow and start him. Don't like the idea of Geno going out there with this current case of weapons who could be worst pending on Holmes. But throw Tebow out there and around game 10 explore and see what Geno has in him if like expected we get off to a bad start.

When the hell did you guys start liking Tebow?

I don't like Tebow personally or professionally, but I can see the logic of trying to rehabilitate his image for a year, and trying to get something in a trade for him next year.

I'd start Garrard, and have Tebow be the backup for at least the first half of the season. If (when?) Garrard gets hurt, throw Tebow to the wolves for a few games. Give Geno a test run at the end of the season. I think that's the best case scenario. If Tebow shows anything, the Jets might be able to get their fourth rounder back.

Tebow is back in the mix and it surprises the heck out of me. He apparently worked three straight months on his throwing during the offseason in addition to the running, lifing and weight loss. I never would have believed a 25 year old kid would be able to plug along with the whole world practically telling him he is a piece of sh*t and that his career was over. That is impressive and he is worth keeping or at least doing him right and helping him get to another team. Rarely do you see someone work like that unless they are obligated to do it.

It sounds like Sanchez is gone, that Garrard is there as a failsafe in case Gino sucks and Tebow reverts to high school football. My guess is that Gino or Tebow will start this year and the other will be the backup with Garrard serving as a mentor and failsafe.

I really don't think it's in the Jets' best interest to keep him on this team.  I can understand keeping him around through camp and then seeing if you can get something minimal out of another team for him in preseason once you've got injuries and poor performances having teams looking for other options.  Tebow clearly is not a long term option for this team and thus is not worth the drama or cost that comes along with him, especially to be a #3 QB.  The #3 QB spot is to groom young guys you hope you might step in sh*t with and get something out of, not paying a guy a bunch of money who has shown an inability to even complete passes.

Seriously.  Take the cap hit with Sanchez.  Let Tebow and Garrard back up Geno Smith.  And see if Marty Morhinweg can figure out a way to get some mileage out of Timmy Football.  Yes, I just called him Timmy Football.

Why not get rid of both Tim and Sanchez, and have Geno, Grrard and McElroy as your three?

Gotta let tebow go. He looked uncomfortable and terrible last year. Grant it our line was like swiss cheese . If this guy wants to be a successful qb he should try arena football. If jets are trying to rid themselves of last years mess, cut him loose. May be a nice guy but hes a terrible qb.

Archived