Curb the enthusiasm

JFtoLong

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So according to u we just keep picking qbs till we find one ? FYI guys we still have no linebackers or anyone to rush passer . Holmes won't be back till start of season so we have no playmakers on offense again

"We're not done" - 4/25/13

nfl_a_john-idzik_mb_400.jpg

What's not to be happy about?  If Geno Smith sucks, it's still a great pick.  Best rated QB at minimal investment, and pretty much the end of Sanchez.

This is arguably the best draft pick this team has made in a long time.

Next year we have 50M in cap space, and will still have a high pick, allowing us to add playmakers and another QB if necessary.

Easy.

And a good young defense to boot going into 2014 which allows them to spend that cap space on offense.

At least I told it without droning on for 7 paragraphs trying to spin the obvious risk/reward juxtaposition of a draft pick into absolute calamity... woe is me, woe is me... 

Why so mad brah?

He'd much prefer to write 7 paragraphs trying to spin the obvious risk/reward juxtaposition of a draft pick into absolute success... yea for me, yea for me

If he hasn't made that thread yet,he will. THe unwarranted offseason optimism of Jets fans is as sure a thing as the arrival of spring.

I can't get past the Austin story. I like going BPA, like the Geno Smith pick, but our offense needs a ton of help and if it's true that the idiot Rex blew it with our #1guy,it casts a shadow on the whole thing.

I can't get past the Austin story. I like going BPA, like the Geno Smith pick, but our offense needs a ton of help and if it's true that the idiot Rex blew it with our #1guy,it casts a shadow on the whole thing.

I'm not sure it matters.  Sure, Rex should have shut up.  As usual.  But it's not like the Rams weren't rumored to be interested for weeks.  It's also not like the Jets weren't rumored to be interested as well.  As were the bills in that spot.  Likely that trade happens either way.

This thread disgusts me and its NOT because of anything the Original poster said its the moronic childish responses I see throughout the thread basically bashing some one elses opinion. Disagreeing with the opinion is fine and even encouraged for good debate but lighten up and give a decent response for christs sake. I can't stand the nasty sh*tty attitude on this board sometimes just due to disagreement on something that could always go either way/

Im not real happy about the Smith Pick and Im not happy about the Richardson pick but I will still be optimistic because Im a Jets fan and its hard for me to condemn players before I have had a chance to see them perform on the field.

The fact does still remain this teams current offensive situation is pretty dismal BUT Goodwin and Ivory (if they stay healthy) can make a difference in our explosiveness for sure and teams will have to respect that so there is some improvement if all turns out good heath wise. We still have rounds 4 thru 7 and holes can still be addressed.

I will say this, if Nassib is still available in the 5th round I think the Jets should consider it if they are 100 % sure they are moving away from Sanchez which seems to be the case.

Main point if the Jets continue to use the same philosophy with the skill positions on offense we have seen for the past 12 + years Geno Smith will have NO CHANCE. Get the guy some explosive players at the TE and WR position and then judge the kid.

I'm not sure it matters.  Sure, Rex should have shut up.  As usual.  But it's not like the Rams weren't rumored to be interested for weeks.  It's also not like the Jets weren't rumored to be interested as well.  As were the bills in that spot.  Likely that trade happens either way.

Not sure about that.. It's a game of inches, and the jets we're out maneuvered, at least in part due to Rex's big mouth. Winning organizations aren't typically lead by people consistently doing stupid things. I've about had it with Rex and his antiquated ideas. He's like a dinosaur, not evolved enough to compete in modern NFL

This .... And I still feel the Jets could have handled the Rams/Bills/Austin situation (as I discussed in another thread) differently

This thread disgusts me and its NOT because of anything the Original poster said its the moronic childish responses I see throughout the thread basically bashing some one elses opinion. Disagreeing with the opinion is fine and even encouraged for good debate but lighten up and give a decent response for christs sake. I can't stand the nasty sh*tty attitude on this board sometimes just due to disagreement on something that could always go either way/

He's being responded to in such a way not for his opinion, but because he's telling everyone else how they should feel about this team.

Points often get overshadowed by being an angry douche.  Evidenced here.

This .... And I still feel the Jets could have handled the Rams/Bills/Austin situation (as I discussed in another thread) differently

100%. Instead of moving up or atleast not giving up our hand completely, we end up with a corner that has almost no practical chance of being as good as revis, yet that will forever be his benchmark. The pick was good if you don't think about the Revis angle, so it's not the player as much as it is the pressure he'll be under

Not sure about that.. It's a game of inches, and the jets we're out maneuvered, at least in part due to Rex's big mouth. Winning organizations aren't typically lead by people consistently doing stupid things. I've about had it with Rex and his antiquated ideas. He's like a dinosaur, not evolved enough to compete in modern NFL

Bills were prepping to take a 3rd round QB early in the 1st.  They were in sell mode to add up some picks.  This trade was pretty obvious as far as I'm concerned.

He'd much prefer to write 7 paragraphs trying to spin the obvious risk/reward juxtaposition of a draft pick into absolute success... yea for me, yea for me

If he hasn't made that thread yet,he will. THe unwarranted offseason optimism of Jets fans is as sure a thing as the arrival of spring.

medium.JPG?1302794667

Noodle dancing troll can't even noodle dance anymore... 

100%. Instead of moving up or atleast not giving up our hand completely, we end up with a corner that has almost no practical chance of being as good as revis, yet that will forever be his benchmark. The pick was good if you don't think about the Revis angle, so it's not the player as much as it is the pressure he'll be under

The benchmark will be winning.  If we can turn Millner into half of Revis and use the other 14M to make the team better, no one will care.

Give Idzik a chance- he rolled the dice some with Smith but it shows you he thinks our QB situation rightfully so was a disaster  take a guy with some talent and hope we can develop him and he can play in New York- a big challenge for any QB

He's being responded to in such a way not for his opinion, but because he's telling everyone else how they should feel about this team.

Points often get overshadowed by being an angry douche.  Evidenced here.

EY I see what your saying I really do but I did not look at it like him telling us how to feel I saw it more as a suggestion. As jets fans we should know by now to curb the enthusiasm just a little lol.

It didn't matter.

The Jets were linked to Mingo and Austin for months before this draft, and in the weeks before it got to be universally accepted that those were the next 2 Jets. I said it in my mock exercise, there was never any chance of Austin making it to us. Him being the top "offensive playmaker" you KNOW some team was going to fall in love and be positioned well to jump up for him. I view it as a given.

CTM is just trolling me thinks, he can't be this stupid.

Give Idzik a chance- he rolled the dice some with Smith but it shows you he thinks our QB situation rightfully so was a disaster  take a guy with some talent and hope we can develop him and he can play in New York- a big challenge for any QB

I don't even see Geno as a roll of the dice. It's a very low-risk pick. This franchise wipes their ass with 2nd rounders typically. If we hit on this kid, it'll erase a decade or more of wasting our 2nd round picks.

EY I see what your saying I really do but I did not look at it like him telling us how to feel I saw it more as a suggestion. As jets fans we should know by now to curb the enthusiasm just a little lol.

Why shouldn't we be excited?  We went into this draft with 0 to look forward to next season.  Now, we have something.

No one but Geno Smith is predicting playoffs.  Personally, I think we'll go 4-12ish, but if Geno gets some late season playing time and shows ability, that's a win.  50M in cap space, plus a high pick.  The following year we might be on to something IF we found a QB.  And, if NOT, there's a few that will be in reach next year.

And, you know me... Not having watch Mark Sanchez anymore is a win in and of itself.

"Have some maturity!/Show some class!," says the guy with the Cryin' Ryan sig pic.

I don't even see Geno as a roll of the dice. It's a very low-risk pick. This franchise wipes their ass with 2nd rounders typically. If we hit on this kid, it'll erase a decade or more of wasting our 2nd round picks.

Exactly.  This is no risk move with potential for enormous reward.

It didn't matter.

The Jets were linked to Mingo and Austin for months before this draft, and in the weeks before it got to be universally accepted that those were the next 2 Jets. I said it in my mock exercise, there was never any chance of Austin making it to us. Him being the top "offensive playmaker" you KNOW some team was going to fall in love and be positioned well to jump up for him. I view it as a given.

CTM is just trolling me thinks, he can't be this stupid.

You mean he cant be so stupid as to disagree with you ? Not everyone was on board with a 5 8 slot receiver no matter how explosive he is because we already have one who has proven he can be pretty damn good in this league. FWIW if we had the shot at Austin and the Rams Dropped those picks they dropped on the Bills I make that trade in a heartbeat simply because we need to fill holes. Sure there are some teams that could push up for a player and dump picks but most of those teams are not filled with holes like we are. Personally I think the Rams paid way way too much for a small WR since they have numerous holes on the offensive side of the ball that could have been filled with the three picks they dumped/

Why shouldn't we be excited?  We went into this draft with 0 to look forward to next season.  Now, we have something.

No one but Geno Smith is predicting playoffs.  Personally, I think we'll go 4-12ish, but if Geno gets some late season playing time and shows ability, that's a win.  50M in cap space, plus a high pick.  The following year we might be on to something IF we found a QB.  And, if NOT, there's a few that will be in reach next year.

And, you know me... Not having watch Mark Sanchez anymore is a win in and of itself.

yes EY I do know you :)

You mean he cant be so stupid as to disagree with you ? Not everyone was on board with a 5 8 slot receiver no matter how explosive he is because we already have one who has proven he can be pretty damn good in this league. FWIW if we had the shot at Austin and the Rams Dropped those picks they dropped on the Bills I make that trade in a heartbeat simply because we need to fill holes. Sure there are some teams that could push up for a player and dump picks but most of those teams are not filled with holes like we are. Personally I think the Rams paid way way too much for a small WR since they have numerous holes on the offensive side of the ball that could have been filled with the three picks they dumped/

Wtf you talking about dummy?

CTM is trolling people who want to blame Rex's fat mouth for losing us Austin.

The Rams weren't offering us those picks to move up for Austin, BECAUSE the perception was they needed to pick before us to GET him. 

Illogical Smashmouth is illogical. Shut up.

This thread disgusts me and its NOT because of anything the Original poster said its the moronic childish responses I see throughout the thread basically bashing some one elses opinion. Disagreeing with the opinion is fine and even encouraged for good debate but lighten up and give a decent response for christs sake.

post-19298-Shark-cat-Roomba-duckling-gif

"Have some maturity!/Show some class!," says the guy with the Cryin' Ryan sig pic.

This makes no sense Stoic .... Im not a big Ryan fan when it comes to managing a football team and I make that very clear. Does not mean I think hes a bad Football Coach but his job now is NOT JUST TO COACH. Im also pretty sire Rex Ryan does not post here :) .... I dont bash people when I disagree with them unless they bash me first if I disagree I state my case and discuss

Wtf you talking about dummy?

CTM is trolling people who want to blame Rex's fat mouth for losing us Austin.

The Rams weren't offering us those picks to move up for Austin, BECAUSE the perception was they needed to pick before us to GET him. 

Illogical Smashmouth is illogical. Shut up.

How could you possibly make that statement? YOu have no idea what went on in trade talks during the draft. 

Archived