Curb the enthusiasm

JFtoLong

Probably.  But there was no strong pick at the time in that place.  That's like going back and saying the Jets should have drafted Matt Forte, Desean Jackson, Ray Rice, or Jamal Charles at 6 in 2008.

And likewise, you are saying thank god we took the Brian Brohm instead of this Ray Rice person

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, so obvious that only 1 mock I've seen had us taken him (I'm sure there are others) ANd Gil Brandt had us passing on him 2x, so did Scott Wright and Kiper had us pass at least once.  zzzz

So, today, mock drafts are the gospel?

Also, regardless of who projects what, doesn't mean the need wasn't obvious.  If it were the Rams guy, there was a good chance that he was going to be gone by 16, they needed to make the move.

And likewise, you are saying thank god we took the Brian Brohm instead of this Ray Rice person

This comparison makes 0 sense.

Brohm was drafted to be the back-up to Rodgers, not a developmental starter.  He was also drafted after Ray Rice.

You're also continuing a hindsight based argument, when I was pointing out the flaw in these arguments.

Further, Smith was considered the BAP, at a position of need, at the most important position on the field.  You also are just saying, "there will be an offensive playmaker".  That's true.  But, there will be tons of failed offensive players too.  And, if you could say that with any certainty, he'd probably have been picked before Austin.

This from the guy saying we got the #1 QB who was actually drafted #2? come on, you are talking out of 2 sides of mouth

I'm talking about a projection based on scouting and research.

You're talking about guys who aren't decision makers for teams trying to make decisions for teams.

This from the guy saying we got the #1 QB who was actually drafted #2? come on, you are talking out of 2 sides of mouth

Many of these mock drafts also had Geno Smith going #2.  So, you'd think we got a steal...

As long as we're pointing out "talking out 2 sides of mouth".

No question that this team still has plenty of holes in it, especially on offense.  And, Geno is far from a slam dunk.  But did you seriously expect the mess the Jets have become to get entirely cleaned up in less than one off season?  Seriously?

So, what's the point -- other than the one on top of your head?

Drop dead you anti-pointite.

Yes, so obvious that only 1 mock I've seen had us taken him (I'm sure there are others) ANd Gil Brandt had us passing on him 2x, so did Scott Wright and Kiper had us pass at least once.  zzzz

shut your mouth already...  you've been back for a couple hours and have already crammed a weeks worth of idiocy into 1 thread.

For people who take the "why didn't Reid take Mornhinweg if MM is any good" stance:

Reid moved to Kansas City - in ******* Kansas - while Mornhinweg moved 90 minutes up the Turnpike.

Kansas City is actually in Missouri.

THIS NEW QUOTING SYSTEM IS TERRIBLE!!! </rant>

This comparison makes 0 sense.

Brohm was drafted to be the back-up to Rodgers, not a developmental starter.  He was also drafted after Ray Rice.

Wow.. you are awfully literal this morning. If you'd like me to find a more appropriate example I can, but I'd prefer not to waste the time (Which is why I just grabbed your Ray rice example). You are saying taking a developmental QB >  taking an unknown 2nd rd positional player (as if there' no value beyond rd 1). WHich is obviously ludicrous as there will be great positional players taken in the later rounds.

"You're also continuing a hindsight based argument, when I was pointing out the flaw in these arguments"

THe only flaws you've exposed exist within your own arguments as well. So silly.

"Further, Smith was considered the BAP, at a position of need, at the most important position on the field.  You also are just saying, "there will be an offensive playmaker".  That's true.  But, there will be tons of failed offensive players too.  And, if you could say that with any certainty, he'd probably have been picked before Austin."

Smith was considered BAP by who? The mock drafter's you poo poo'd earlier? Certainly not by the 38 picks before then, or even the Jets, who didn't trade up to secure him. Silly

If only Rex hadn't opened his mouth..  we could have jedi mind tricked the Rams into thinking we had a high powered offense with no desire to draft on that side of the ball.

- CTM

Pactard agrees with EY.. I win by default

Every criticism has been deserved.

You and your we are so great crew act like we are the Yankees of the NFL.

The reality is we suck balls, and will for years to come.

Hey, if you like your team sucking balls, enjoy, your going to have a fun year this year.

That's me.  Mr. Sunshine.  Try reading somebody else's posts next time before you respond like an ass.  I know it's hard, but it can be done.  I don't have a crew.  I am an army of one.

Pactard agrees with EY.. I win by default

You and Smash are the only 2 bubble heads trying to espouse this ludicrous theory that Rex ruined our chance at getting Austin.  It's utterly preposterous. 

like your physique.

Many of these mock drafts also had Geno Smith going #2.  So, you'd think we got a steal...

As long as we're pointing out "talking out 2 sides of mouth".

You said it was obvious to everyone that we were taking Austin, I simply stated that is wasn't obvious to a littany of people who are paid to make such observations. I did not put any stock in their opinion other then from a wisdom of the crowds perspective. Obvious implies anyone would've concluded that we were taking Austin, yet if you were to aggregate all the mock drafts, the Jets don't take Austin. Not so obvious then, by definition.. unless you have a different definition of the word

You and Smash are the only 2 bubble heads trying to espouse this ludicrous theory that Rex ruined our chance at getting Austin.  It's utterly preposterous. 

like your physique.

Grown ups are talking, go play with yourself

I'm talking about a projection based on scouting and research.

You're talking about guys who aren't decision makers for teams trying to make decisions for teams.

WHose scouting and research are you referring to? Teams are now releasing thier mock drafts? lol

like your physique.

It blows my mind how you can't see all the different variables associated with the Austin Pick. I saw for myself how much the Rams were showing interest and it was being reported all week SOOOO if the Jets had any real interest at all they

1. should have kept there freakin mouths shut OR 2. should have contacted the Rams on draft day to see about a trade not because of the assiciation with the Bills but to get a feeler as to what they may offer and let them know we were listening. Does not mean any of that would have worked out but I have to believe if the Jets called the Rams and they offered us what they offered the Bills the Jets would be complete Idiots not to take that deal due to our current roster holes. Thats all Im saying .....Could I be wrong in how Im looking at that ?? Sure,,,,  we;ve seen many scenarios play out on draft day. You may think Im looking at this in hindsight but I was WELL AWARE of the Rams interest and if i was tehn the team coveting that player should be well aware as a well and look at every possible outcome

like your physique.

Except I think CTM is full of crap and trolling you, while I thiink Smash is dead serious.

This thread disgusts me and its NOT because of anything the Original poster said its the moronic childish responses I see throughout the thread basically bashing some one elses opinion. Disagreeing with the opinion is fine and even encouraged for good debate but lighten up and give a decent response for christs sake. I can't stand the nasty sh*tty attitude on this board sometimes just due to disagreement on something that could always go either way/

Im not real happy about the Smith Pick and Im not happy about the Richardson pick but I will still be optimistic because Im a Jets fan and its hard for me to condemn players before I have had a chance to see them perform on the field.

The fact does still remain this teams current offensive situation is pretty dismal BUT Goodwin and Ivory (if they stay healthy) can make a difference in our explosiveness for sure and teams will have to respect that so there is some improvement if all turns out good heath wise. We still have rounds 4 thru 7 and holes can still be addressed.

I will say this, if Nassib is still available in the 5th round I think the Jets should consider it if they are 100 % sure they are moving away from Sanchez which seems to be the case.

Main point if the Jets continue to use the same philosophy with the skill positions on offense we have seen for the past 12 + years Geno Smith will have NO CHANCE. Get the guy some explosive players at the TE and WR position and then judge the kid.

You've bashed my opinion plenty with a pretty sh*tty attitude, and that was without calling you or anyone else anything for believing in our stiff of a QB.  

Same thing with the OP who now pretends all he does is state opinions without lashing out at people when it is exactly what he's done with me since getting here. He can't accept someone else's extreme dislike of a player - after seeing him screw up for years - to the extent that he has to imagine ulterior motives as the secret reason, other than seeing him do a crappy job of QBing.  Meanwhile his dislike of Ryan as our HC is no less than my dislike of Sanchez as our QB.

I'm just saying you both should look in the mirror a bit before climbing up on your soap boxes and give negative personal critiques of everyone on the board who isn't in agreement with you.

I don't put it lightly when I dislike a player so I don't expect people to put it lightly when they don't agree with me.  No biggie.  But for him to lash out at people for a year and then, when he gets it in return, takes a "Wha, wha'd I say?" attitude, it's pretty funny.

You've bashed my opinion plenty with a pretty sh*tty attitude, and that was without calling you or anyone else anything for believing in our stiff of a QB.  

Same thing with the OP who now pretends all he does is state opinions without lashing out at people when it is exactly what he's done with me since getting here. He can't accept someone else's extreme dislike of a player - after seeing him screw up for years - to the extent that he has to imagine ulterior motives as the secret reason, other than seeing him do a crappy job of QBing.  Meanwhile his dislike of Ryan as our HC is no less than my dislike of Sanchez as our QB.

I'm just saying you both should look in the mirror a bit before climbing up on your soap boxes and give negative personal critiques of everyone on the board who isn't in agreement with you.

I don't put it lightly when I dislike a player so I don't expect people to put it lightly when they don't agree with me.  No biggie.  But for him to lash out at people for a year and then, when he gets it in return, takes a "Wha, wha'd I say?" attitude, it's pretty funny.

Sperm I have never bashed you with a sh*tty attitude, ever. Most of our disagreements come from you disagreeing with my opinions and sometimes you do it with kind of a crappy attitude which sets me off a bit. I never ever initiate a bad attitude, but Im glad to give it back when people get nasty or call me an Idiot, or my idea or opinion is ridiculous, or I have no idea what im talking about ..... those comments never fail to set me off and I see a lot of that here and there really is no use for it. 

I want to start by saying that I will be rooting hard for Geno to be our guy of the future.

That said, I am seeing so much excitement, ad I really think the enthusiasm is overboard here.

Lets look at the facts.

This comes off as suggestive to me .... hes not pointing fingers and hes not being nasty. he gave five reasons as to why he feels the way he does and what he got in return was " I dont need you to tell me how to think"

OK then if thats the case dont post in the fcuking thread :)

Archived