wont happen. i guess you're happier watching your team give up 30 ppg?

Not for nothing, but we were 9th in PPG allowed last year at  20.7ish. 

Love when fans of loser teams pipe in.

They'd actually prefer to see the Jets lose than see their team win.

It's called "NY Penis Envy".

This post makes no sense.

Maybe, if you used the Yankees or even the Knicks on their mini revival, but Jets?  Hardly. 

We enjoy seeing something that naturally happens? 

Unless Geno knocks our socks off early, and shows on-field savvy beyond his experience level, I prefer he sits and has a smooth transition to the pro game.   Let him start in 2014 when we have a very real opportunity to be absolutely loaded and ready to seriously contend.

Unless Geno knocks our socks off early, and shows on-field savvy beyond his experience level, I prefer he sits and has a smooth transition to the pro game. Let him start in 2014 when we have a very real opportunity to be absolutely loaded and ready to seriously contend.

Yup let Sanchez take the brunt of the snowballs this year.

Unless Geno knocks our socks off early, and shows on-field savvy beyond his experience level, I prefer he sits and has a smooth transition to the pro game.   Let him start in 2014 when we have a very real opportunity to be absolutely loaded and ready to seriously contend.

i honestly dont think this will happen till 2015

Someone explain to me how a player LEARNS by sitting on the bench.   I don't get it.  I know it's happened for ages, but in this day and age, they need to PLAY.   The better player should play, regardless.

i honestly dont think this will happen till 2015

I don't have a problem with that either.  He's got a big transition to make from the West Virginia offense to the WCO.  And the team still has plenty of needs to fill.  Now that he is a Jet, I want to let him develop and play when he's actually ready to play.  Nothing wrong with the old school approach of holding a clipboard and learning your craft before pushing "go".  Who knows whether Sanchez would have turned out differently if he wasn't handed the job the moment he was drafted.

Not for nothing, but we were 9th in PPG allowed last year at  20.7ish. 

This post makes no sense.

Maybe, if you used the Yankees or even the Knicks on their mini revival, but Jets?  Hardly. 

We enjoy seeing something that naturally happens? 

Oh then you just enjoy trolling for the heck of it?  Gotcha!

Someone explain to me how a player LEARNS by sitting on the bench.   I don't get it.  I know it's happened for ages, but in this day and age, they need to PLAY.   The better player should play, regardless.

So, let me get this straight.  Are you suggesting we just hand him the job like we did with Sanchez, because that's the only way he will learn?  If not, what's the problem with playing him when he shows he is ready and has actually earned the job?  I would have thought a former professional athlete would have more smarts.  

I would think he learns in practice instead of throwing him into live action while unprepared.  Leads to bad habits formed out of panic.  Sitting on the bench is an expression, as I'm sure you're well aware.  He doesn't literally spend all his time sitting on a bench, nor is he only spending time sitting in a classroom.  They play in practice.  With footballs.

If he's ready, by all means start him immediately; the sooner he is in there the sooner he gets used to the speed of a live game (at this level).  But not everyone is ready right away, and not everyone who is unready on day one of his rookie season will continue to be so.

I would think he learns in practice instead of throwing him into live action while unprepared.  Leads to bad habits formed out of panic.  Sitting on the bench is an expression, as I'm sure you're well aware.  He doesn't literally spend all his time sitting on a bench, nor is he only spending time sitting in a classroom.  They play in practice.  With footballs.

If he's ready, by all means start him immediately; the sooner he is in there the sooner he gets used to the speed of a live game (at this level).  But not everyone is ready right away, and not everyone who is unready on day one of his rookie season will continue to be so.

David Carr would disag- no wait, David Carr totally agrees.

I like the idea of him being the third stringer up until the bye week. If he's showing something in practice -actually earning playing time- and the Jets record is as bad as some people are projecting at that point, give him the starter's reps during the bye and throw him in, then. On paper, the schedule is pretty favorable in the second half of the year. Give him a chance to learn and maybe build up a little confidence in live action.

he also learns by watching a veteran (not Sanchez) who can display poise under duress.  he get some idea of the speed of the pro game.  he can listen to the OC and his people call the game without bees buzzing around in his head from a hit.  It is called perspective.