Live Draft Discussion Thread - rounds 4-7

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did someone from the Jets piss off Mayock?

It really seems so. It started off when we drafted Milliner, he harped on his poor ball skills at the combine and showed every single mistake the kid made catching the ball during drills, but failed to really show any of his ints or pds during his college career.  Then ripped the jets for picking Richardson even though he had him rated as his 7th best prospect; let's also not forget that he had Floyd ranked as his 2nd best prospect, so clearly his evaluation needs to be taken with a grain of salt. 

Then, when we picked Geno, he not only ripped the organization for being a circus, but proceeded to show every overthrow or underthrow that Geno had, instead of showing his 42 tds to 6 ints etc. 

I get these picks have some flaws, but c'mon man, they barely even mentioned the Cowboys selecting that no-name center at the bottom of the first or how risky picking EJ Manuel in the middle of the round was either, when that kid looks like a UDFA in some games, even with his insane measurables.

I have no issue with the Giants' selection.  I think it's a good pick.  But Mayock's bias is overboard and sickening.

Mayock is bending over backwards to rationalize the Nassib pick with Eli entrenched as starter.  "If he's your #42 guy and you're picking at #110 and you don't take him, and you keep doing that over & over, then you're diluting your roster."

Meanwhile when the Jets - with Mark Sanchez, David Garrard, Tim Tebow, and Greg McElroy - take the draft's top QB prospect at #39 without trading up, then he says, "I'm confused" by the selection.

What a cock.

He used to be OK but I agree,he's turned into the typical, big-head, stuck on himself a$$hole.

I really hope Da'Rick Rogers or Phillip Thomas fall to us in round 5

Agreed.  Rogers was one of the 10 or so guys I had on my "board" left as of last night.  If you can control his off the field stuff, I really think he could be the most physically gifted kid in his class, someone that Geno could really grow with.  Got those fingers crossed for sure; him or cornelius washington.

It seems Idzik has shut off the information valve with the media and has chosen to have no relationships with even the High Holies like Mort, King, and Francesa, so what you're seeing with guys like Mayock is the passive aggressive backlash. They have no incentive to pull punches, so they say what they think. The Giants get good press because they win, but also because Mara and Hanlon cultivate relationships with these guys. Over time, when he has some success, I'd imagine Idzik will be less paranoid and become more forthcoming, and the Jets will magically reap better coverage.

Yeah that Mayock doesn't even talk about Manuel in the mid-first, goes full fap over Nassib and the Giants, but can't understand Geno Smith being a Jet is pretty fn retahded.

I really hope Geno Smith takes a weekly, if not daily, sh*t on these experts and their expert analysis.

It seems Idzik has shut off the information valve with the media and has chosen to have no relationships with even the High Holies like Mort, King, and Francesa, so what you're seeing with guys like Mayock is the passive aggressive backlash. They have no incentive to pull punches, so they say what they think. The Giants get good press because they win, but also because Mara and Hanlon cultivate relationships with these guys. Over time, when he has some success, I'd imagine Idzik will be less paranoid and become more forthcoming, and the Jets will magically reap better coverage.

Freaking brilliant opinion ^

As Patton gets nabbed by the niners, only have Bailey, Rogers and Washington on my "board" left.  If all three are there when we're picking, while I would personally like both, I'd prefer Rogers as he can be a true game-breaker, I don't see there's anyway they pass up on washington with all the buzz there was surrounding him.  There was even media talk of him going to us in the second.  Which shows once again how different these media-evaluators are from real scouts.

I have no issue with the Giants' selection.  I think it's a good pick.  But Mayock's bias is overboard and sickening.

Mayock is bending over backwards to rationalize the Nassib pick with Eli entrenched as starter.  "If he's your #42 guy and you're picking at #110 and you don't take him, and you keep doing that over & over, then you're diluting your roster."

Meanwhile when the Jets - with Mark Sanchez, David Garrard, Tim Tebow, and Greg McElroy - take the draft's top QB prospect at #39 without trading up, then he says, "I'm confused" by the selection.

What a cock.

I like Mayock, but his bias has been unprofessionally evident. 

Rich Eisen should kick him off the stage. NFL Network is Rich Eisen's world and Mayock is just livin' in it baby... 

What a cock.

So, you are saying you like him?

I like Mayock, but his bias has been unprofessionally evident. 

Rich Eisen should kick him off the stage. NFL Network is Rich Eisen's world and Mayock is just livin' in it baby... 

Agreed, but to be honest, Eisen hasn't exactly been the beacon of non-partisanship either.  Tell ya what though, this draft really was as deep as they were saying, because it's getting towards the top of the 5th and there are still big names available; kids who can come in right away and start/compete for a starting position.  Really hoping for Cornelius Washington or Da'Rick Rogers for us in the 5th.  

Quanterus Smith needs to become a Yet.

You really think there's a way that they pass on Washington?? I'd personally prefer Rogers if he's there, kids got crazy talent and it'd be nice to have Geno enter the year with a WR he can grow with. However if all that pre-draft buzz is true and it seems some of it, while exaggerated was true, i expect cornelius to be the pick.

Lattimore will be a great fit in San Fran. Damn, the niners and ravens are killing it

Don't know how great a fit he will actually be, but the 49er's are in the perfect position to possibly throw away a pick for a guy who may never play a down.  The ultimate boom or bust gamble, and using the second of their 4th rounders for his kind of potential is the way to do it.

Archived