Better chance of survival???

courtnj18

Out of the 743 QB's on the roster who has a better chance of survival for this season- Mark or Tim? Who would you rather see advance with the Jets?

They both can exit stage Left.  Role with Garrard, Geno and McElroy, and use the extra roster spot to maybe find us a TE.  

Can you make a video podcast of you sobbing on Sanchez Cut Day?

The jets will probably keep sanchez and let him start the season. They havent cut tebow because hell count for a million on the cap then they wont cut sanchise and take the big cap hit. If sanchez does get to start the season hell certainly be on a short leash

Out of the 743 QB's on the roster who has a better chance of survival for this season- Mark or Tim? Who would you rather see advance with the Jets?

Tebow.  He can be a productive backup.

Mark needs to take some time, find himself and then try to make a comeback somewhere else.

Bob Glauber from Newsday is reporting that the Jets will let Mark Sanchez compete for a starting job, and that they will not be releasing him.

It is really hard to imagine the Jets going into training camp with Sanchez, Tebow, Smith, Garrard and McElroy on the roster.  Things can change in a hurry in the NFL, but for now John Idzik is set on not rushing into a decision.  That logic served the Jets well with Darrelle Revis and is why they were able to get a 1st round pick when he was traded.

There never is a dull moment for JetNation though.

Be it here or elsewhere, Tebow has a "better chance of survival" , etc.. there is still a question about him being in the right

place with the right system..BUT Mark proved beyond a shadow of a doubt to any sane person by coming in last in the league

last season and closing his eyes and running into his guard's ass pretty much that he is doing something other than quarterbacking

an NFL team .. as far as I am concerned.

Tebow will be cut. Sanchez will be retained. McElroy will be gone too.  Money talks people.  They aren't going to pay Sanchez a buttload of money to not play for them, especially when Garrarrbage cannot be counted on to stay healthy at all.  Sanchez will be the starting QB week one, Smith will be inactive.

The Jets were afraid to start Sanchez at home at the end of last season. If they really give him a chance to start in the preseason -in a home game- the fans will be quick and harsh in reminding them that they want nothing to do with him. 

If I'm Idzik, I'm willing to eat 7/8ths of his guarantee to find a trade partner. If even that isn't enough, I'm talking to Sanchez about taking a cut in the guarantee in exchange for releasing him sooner rather than later. The idea being that he'll have a better chance catching on somewhere the more time he has to look. By the time training camp rolls around, if he's cut, he could easily wind up sitting out the year. 

I'm currently thinking holding onto Tebow and rehabilitating his stock is a smart option. Maybe get something of real value for him in a trade next year. 

Quarterbacks should always be treated like an investment, if you have the chance to do anything to help them appreciate in value, you do it. Even if it's to the chagrin of the fans, or serves as a recurring punchline to the ever-unimaginative media.

I'm so ******* tired of the media spin on this. We have to pay him regardless, it's completely illogical NOT to bring him into camp with the rest and keep the best 3. Fans pushing the "it's a distraction" angle are dense. If guys can't handle "distraction" then they get weeded out, but you don't pre-emptively start cutting guys with $8m salaries "just in case it might be distracting".

Hell, Sanchez is the only one likely to be distracted. I'd think any competitive minded player would thrive on the chance to beat him out head-to-head. Cutting Sanchez, rather than letting someone beat him out does nothing but serve as continuation of the coddling culture that ruined Sanchez, only in this case we'd be coddling the person beating him out.

You keep them all, let them thrash it out... whoever is left standing... that's our guy.

Mark Sanchez is a great blight that was visited upon us by cruel Fate. His time here is done. That said, I can't see Woody eating all that money. They can bring Mark back and make him the 3rd quarterback, and then he can go be Mario Lopez's stunt double on Extra.

Archived