UDFA Thread

gsnts725

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Mayock loves Zach Rodgers, who just signed here. White dude, 6' tall WR who ran a 4.49 at his pro day. Good patterns, good hands, yadda. So, there's that.

yep i hear people say sometimes he looked better than Justin Hunter who was a 2nd round pick.

I am telling you guys, Joseph Fauria at TE.  6'7", 259lbs, athletic as hell, good hands and has crazy leaping ability on the field.  The guy can play and will be an absolute steal as an UDFA.  

What happened with that Ivy League kid from who was being talked up as a pass rusher supreme?  Did he get drafted?

I would take Da'Rick based only on his name -- it is d'awesome.

nope we just have done nothing good since Geno and i dont see it getting any better

I'm actually frightened about what Rex chooses to do with him. Major conflict of interest there.

Rotfl, is there now? 

LOL really.  Sanchez cost Rex's boss his job, and almost cost Rex his, and Rex is gonna do anything but support the new QB's Idzik just brought in?  In Geno, Idzik just handed Rex his lifeline, the reason Rex WILL be here for at least a couple more years.  No conlfict of interest there.  

I imagine as we speak Rex is heading wherever people to go to get that # 6 tattoo laser removed.  Or maybe pushing for Geno to wear # 6 after Sanchez gets cut.

GFY Tom.

LOL really. Sanchez cost Rex's boss his job, and almost cost Rex his, and Rex is gonna do anything but support the new QB's Idzik just brought in? In Geno, Idzik just handed Rex his lifeline, the reason Rex WILL be here for at least a couple more years. No conlfict of interest there.

GFY Tom.

Morons. If Rex wants to save his job, he can

A. Start Garrard and hope he doesn't turn the ball over while the defense wins him 8 games.

-or-

B. Start Geno and hope Woody thinks the inevitable 3-13 record is the fault of the rookie QB.

Rex doesn't have the time or incentive to develop Smith so the next coach can profit.

LOL really.  Sanchez cost Rex's boss his job, and almost cost Rex his, and Rex is supposed to do anything but support the new QB's Idzik just brought in?  GFY Tom.

The other day T0m presented the idea that either starting or sitting Smith will end in disaster for Ryan. The guy is just hilarious...Lucky Ryan is in charge and probably won't fire himself. 

nope we just have done nothing good since Geno and i dont see it getting any better

Your dumb ass post doesn't relate to my post or the question I asked in any way.  Do you just post nonsense for the sake of it?   Another yappy dip $hit who is dead from the neck up.

A. Start Garrard and hope he doesn't turn the ball over while the defense wins him 8 games.

-or-

B. Start Geno and hope Woody thinks the inevitable 3-13 record is the fault of the rookie QB.

Rex doesn't have the time or incentive to develop Smith so the next coach can profit.

His job is already saved, Tom.  You don't hand your HC a rookie QB then fire him the next season, you just don't.

Especially since, as you recommend, Geno might not start until the 2nd half of the season.

The other day T0m presented the idea that either starting or sitting Smith will end in disaster for Ryan. The guy is just hilarious...Lucky Ryan is in charge and probably won't fire himself. 

New regimes mean new QB's.  Apparently no one told Idzik you're supposed to fire your head coach BEFORE bringing in your potential franchise guy.

And yeah, lol on the second point.  REX MADE THE GENO PICK, DIDN'T HE????

His job is already saved, Tom.  You don't hand your HC a rookie QB then fire him the next season, you just don't.

Especially since, as you recommend, Geno might not start until the 2nd half of the season.

True -- it's the NFL equivalent of a Get Out Of Jail Free card.  With a new GM and better defined boundaries, giving Rex another chance and clean slate could turn out to be a very good thing. 

-or-

3056.2rfvwcn.gif

Those are the only two doors? 

So the defense will win 8 games with Garrard but 3-13 is "inevitable" with Smith? How so now? The 2000+ snaps he took in college weren't enough preparation? He has to develop properly but properly cannot include sitting or playing time....I wonder, do you even take what you say seriously? 

Oh, the irony.

Tom, I love you, but the kid's got a point.  You've been utterly contradictory lately.  I know that its the way of the Jets fan to be completely bi-polar, but you haven't even really made an attempt at being the least bit positive which, amazingly, seems unlike you.

Oh, the irony.

I don't take most of what I say seriously. I also avoid stuff like "the defense will win 8 games with David Garrard but 3-13 is inevitiable with Geno Smith because development," or whatever the exact quote is. That's funny as a joke, but if meant to be taken seriously...

^ I didn't say the team will win eight games wit Garrard. I'm saying that's the only realistic route Rex has to eight wins, unless Geno is a lot more ready than we think or Sanchez has an epiphany.

My point is that it's dicey to entrust Rex with the development of the young QB right now because Rex needs to save his job more than he needs to dedicate time and effort in preparing a QB for a ten-year career.

If his job was safe, he'd be signed past the end of this season.

^ I didn't say the team will win eight games wit Garrard. I'm saying that's the only realistic route Rex has to eight wins, unless Geno is a lot more ready than we think or Sanchez has an epiphany.

My point is that it's dicey to entrust Rex with the development of the young QB right now because Rex needs to save his job more than he needs to dedicate time and effort in preparing a QB for a ten-year career.

Who is the "we" doing the thinking on how ready Smith is? Why would 3-13 be inevitable with him starting? What does Rex have to do to prep him for ten years in the NFL, particularly since according to you neither sitting him or playin him is an option? Didn't the Jets bring in a guy who has been a real part of the development of multiple starting QBs? Why does Ryan need to save his job according to you? I'm really interested since also according to you Idzik is Rex's gimp. Which one is it?

What does the manner in which a head coach employs a rookie QB have to do with his development? How can one know what is unknown? Is the cat in the box dead or alive? If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? Why do cats only meow in the presence of humans? Are there finite parameters to the universe? Why don't they make weed that I can ignite in the shower? If Train A leaves New York traveling at a rate of 56 MPH, and Train B leaves Boston at the same time traveling at 75 MPH? Why do coaches ever get fired? Were the pyramids built by aliens? How about Machu Picchu? Is $15 million more or less than $11 million? Does John Idzik have thoughts? How does anyone predict rain before they get wet? Why is Drew Barrymore a huge star but Jenna Von Oy isn't?

I am telling you guys, Joseph Fauria at TE. 6'7", 259lbs, athletic as hell, good hands and has crazy leaping ability on the field. The guy can play and will be an absolute steal as an UDFA.

What happened with that Ivy League kid from who was being talked up as a pass rusher supreme? Did he get drafted?

I love Fauria very good TE underrated and great in.the red zone

I would take Da'Rick based only on his name -- it is d'awesome.

Archived