Braylon Edwards returning ? ? ?

kelly

New York Jets general manager John Idzik has said he will consider bringing back wide receiver Braylon Edwards

for another year according to Manish Metta of the New York Daily News. "Guys like that will be under consideration as we go forward," Idzik said.

Edwards spent the last three game of the 2012 season with the Jets after being released by the Seattle Seahawks on Dec. 4. In those three games he caught 10 passes for 125 yards, topping his totals over 10 games with the Seahawks

The Jets signed Edwards on Dec. 11, just one week after he called the people who run the Jets, "idiots."
Since that time the Jets have parted with then-general manager Mike
Tannenbaum and brought on Idzik (who had been with the Seahawks when
they released Edwards) to run the team.

In addition to his three games with the Jets in 2012, Edwards played for two seasons in New York in
2009 and 2010. In 2010, he totaled 53 receptions for 904 yards and seven
touchdowns, numbers he has not approached since then.

> http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/30/4286540/braylon-edwards-jets-return-door-open

Wouldn't mind bringing back Bray, every team needs a veteran receiver who will be in the right place at the right time and isn't santonio holmes.  Unless holmes' attitude has changed, I really want him nowhere near Geno.  I'd just assume sign Ramses Barden to a multi-year cheap contract, he's at least on the right side of 30.  The only thing I do appreciate from Bray is that he genuinely seems to enjoy being a Jet and always leaves it out on the field.  Either or I could really care less.

I'd bring him into camp, but I wouldn't promise him a roster spot. 

I kind of feel the opposite. I don't see much purpose in having him in camp.  People complained about there not being enough reps for the QBs.  Why is WR so different?  Braylon isn't going anywhere.  Let's work some younger guys in and see what we have.  If they all suck - like last year - then sign Braylon up.  Unless they think they need him I'd just as soon roll with Clyde Gates, Jordan White and some UDFAs.  If things look crappy later on, bring him in.

I'd just assume sign Ramses Barden to a multi-year cheap contract, he's at least on the right side of 30.  

that would be a good signing. 

I don't like Barden much, but supposedly they've "had conversations"  I think he's easy to cover, but maybe he could give them a bit of what Burress did in 2011 without the headaches, laziness and every down aspirations.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/329288877036670976

Mediocre at best....he needs the money for all his baby momma's ....someone tell this guy about condoms....

Compared to Cromartie it's like he's had a vasectomy.

This one is my favorite:

sued in 2010 by “America’s Next Top Model” contestant Nik Pace with whom he secretly fathered a son, Braylon Jr., now 3.

He "secretly" fathered a child and named him Braylon Jr.  Shhh, don't tell anybody who the father is. Shhh.

I'd rather not bring Bray back. I loved him but it's time to move on. He was Sanchez's favorite target, lets develop Geno's favorite target now.

Seriously? What if he becomes Geno's favorite target too? Its not like he doesn't have talent.

I kind of feel the opposite. I don't see much purpose in having him in camp.  People complained about there not being enough reps for the QBs.  Why is WR so different?  Braylon isn't going anywhere.  Let's work some younger guys in and see what we have.  If they all suck - like last year - then sign Braylon up.  Unless they think they need him I'd just as soon roll with Clyde Gates, Jordan White and some UDFAs.  If things look crappy later on, bring him in.

agree! i don't think he's going anywhere. come the 2nd or 3rd preseason game if it looks like were going to need some help at WR call him up!

I was really excited last year when we got Jordan White, (in the 7th round I think?)  I wondered how this kid slipped so far! I guess I got my answer! was awesome in collage, hope he has worked his butt off this off season and is ready to bring it this season. I think he can be a really good wr.  no all pro or anything just a solid guy that could stick around for alot of years.

According to Manish Mehta at the NY Daily News, GM John Idzik has stated that the team will consider bringing back wide receiver Braylon Edwards.

The last two years have been rough for Edwards (380 total receiving yards) as he split time with the 49ers, Seahawks and Jets.  He did show signs of life late last year when the Jets brought him back.  The 30 year old receiver won’t cost much and he has chemistry with Mark Sanchez.  Edwards averaged 17.1 yards per catch and had 7 touchdowns in 2010.

Regardless of the Sanchez situation, having another veteran receiver in the mix isn’t a bad thing.  The current depth chart at WR is:

1. Santonio Holmes
  2. Stephen Hill
  3. Jeremy Kerley

Who rounds out the rest of the Jets depth chart?  Several young hopefuls including Clyde Gates and Jordan White.  As we learned last year, injuries happen so depth is a huge concern at wide receiver.   It is logical to expect some moves at this position in the coming weeks.

Read more about Braylon Edwards and the Jets situation at wide receiver in our

Since the Jets once again decided to do nothing for the QB's on this football team I say we have no choice but to sign Braylon. The guy wants to play here and if the Jets are still pushing the Ground and Pound, as evidenced by signing 2 RB's 3 OL and ignoring the WR/TE position, it certainly cant hurt to get a big WR who is not afraid to go over the middle, and will block . We still lack a true #1 WR but we can fill that need next year and we better if we want to groom a new young QB

he would upgrade our wr dept.

it comes down to how much $ he's lookin' for.

cheers ~ ~

:cheer:

I want Braylon on the Jets at this point.  He wants to be here. and he really doesn’t have many options.  With that said he will be very cheap.  he hasn’t done anything since he left NY  Probably  vets min, with a small bonus.

I want Braylon on the Jets at this point.  He wants to be here. and he really doesn’t have many options.  With that said he will be very cheap.  he hasn’t done anything since he left NY  Probably  vets min, with a small bonus.

" ...With that said he will be very cheap...Probably  vets min, with a small bonus. "

~ ~ if we can sign him for that ; sign him :winking0001:

cheers ~ ~

:cheer:

biggest question about Braylon is his health, but if he's the third or fourth option, that should give his legs a break. I'd give him a chance for a roster spot. plus, the guy seems to like it here...for some reason.

Perfect example of why a guy like Edwards does not sign or get signed before the draft.  If the Jets had drafted Austin or Cordarelle Patterson, maybe they don't need Edwards or maybe Edwards chooses a different team.  After our draft, we have a real need for a 4th receiver to kind of fill that Chazz Shillens spot.  Edwards would be a good choice.

biggest question about Braylon is his health, but if he's the third or fourth option, that should give his legs a break. I'd give him a chance for a roster spot. plus, the guy seems to like it here...for some reason.

" ...plus, the guy seems to like it here...for some reason. "

~ ~ he likes to partyee :cheer:

braylon_edwards_tr03.jpg

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

who knows maybe he can teach that kid that we drafted last year how to catch a frigging football

If Braylon could move past his league-leading, drop-riddled handful of seasons, I'm sure Hill can at least make some cursory improvements.  I can't remember exactly what Bray said helped, but I'm pretty sure it was something as trivial as "just-focused on the ball hitting my hands before making a move," instead of looking to move before catching it.  From all reports on Hill after the draft last year he appears to be hard-working, so hopefully he redesigns himself and we get the buffalo version all year long.

If Braylon could move past his league-leading, drop-riddled handful of seasons, I'm sure Hill can at least make some cursory improvements.  I can't remember exactly what Bray said helped, but I'm pretty sure it was something as trivial as "just-focused on the ball hitting my hands before making a move," instead of looking to move before catching it.  From all reports on Hill after the draft last year he appears to be hard-working, so hopefully he redesigns himself and we get the buffalo version all year long.

I have to imagine the Jets' priory focus with Hill throughout this entire offseason program, camp and preseason is going to be his hands, which I think should (hopefully) be a big help to be able to put that kind of focus into it.

who knows maybe he can teach that kid that we drafted last year how to catch a frigging football

fyi :

Stephen Hill struggled with “whole football concept” last season   

300x-95.jpg?w=250

If you’re the sort of football player who has trouble with intense media

scrutiny of you and your team, the New York Jets were about the worst

possible team for you to wind up playing for in 2012.

Wide receiver Stephen Hill

is just such a player and he admits that the glare of the spotlight

trained on the team last season was one of the reasons why he struggled

to perform well after a two-touchdown debut in a rout of the Bills. Hill

explained to Conor Orr of the Newark Star-Ledger that dealing

with the media as well as trying to handle a new offense while battling

through injuries left the second-round pick at sea in his rookie season.

“It’s not hard, it’s just annoying,”

Hill said. “We’re always on ESPN for something, and it was just a lot.

It put pressure on learning, and then having to explain if I messed up,

so that’s where most of the pressure was. It probably did throw me off

during games, you’re just out there running. That’s what it felt like. I

was out there running but I didn’t understand the whole football

concept.”

Hill says he’s now looking at the whole year as a “learning

experience.” For his sake, you’d hope that one of the lessons learned

was that leaning on things like injuries or the media as excuses for

poor play don’t tend to engender much sympathy when you’re a starter in

the NFL since they are difficulties everyone has to deal with during

their careers. Hill is hardly the first rookie wideout to struggle,

though, so there’s plenty of reason to think he’ll be better the second

time around, including Jets wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal’s outline of

a systemic plan similar to the one he used to help Darrius Heyward-Bey

steadily improve after a rough rookie year when both men were employed

by the Raiders.

The play of the quarterbacks will surely have a lot to do with how

much Hill is able to do in his second season, but an understanding of

the “whole football concept” is going to be a necessary thing for Hill

to get regardless of who is throwing him passes.

> http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/06/stephen-hill-struggled-with-whole-football-concept-last-season/

This one is my favorite:

He "secretly" fathered a child and named him Braylon Jr.  Shhh, don't tell anybody who the father is. Shhh.

Dad's don't name babies, Mom's do.  She was just getting div's on his paycheck

Archived