Next Jet to be in the Ring of Honor

stugotz81

After seeing on TV last night that Warren Sapp was inducted into the Bucs Ring of Honor, it made me ponder the question of who will be the next Jet to go in our ROH.  I figured Revis was a given but apparently he may not if he goes on and has a long career w the Bucs and continues to perform on the same level. He will probably join Sapp in the Bucs ROH then.  I can easily see Mangold and possibly Brick as well but when it comes to defense I am unsure.  Did Shaun Ellis have a good enough career to enter our ROH? Bryan Thomas? Ray Mickens? They weren't elite players at their position but they were productive for us over the years and were basically career Jets.... but at the same time, I don't know what the standards are for the ROH.  Wayne Chrebet should be there for sure in my opinion. 

It seems like they are being picky with inductions after the first few years, which is good.

My guess would be that the next class will be Marty Lyons and Wayne Chrebet.  Maybe biased because Chrebet my favorite player of all-time, perhaps in any sport.  And good luck finding a Jet fan who doesn't have him in his top 5.  Chrebet and Lyons have been good soldiers to the organization (and Wayne hasn't spoken out about his brain being beaten to mush).  It would not surprise me to see them induct Dennis Byrd.  I'm also interested to see what they think of all their post-Namath QBs (O'Brien, Vinny, Chad).   But I would rank any possible candidates as this...

1. Marty Lyons
  2. Wayne Chrebet
  3. Dennis Byrd
  4. Mo Lewis
  5. Kyle Clifton
  6. Al Atkinson
  7. Shaun Ellis
  8. Kevin Mawae
  9. Mickey Shuler
  10. Pat Leahy
  11. Aaron Glenn
  12. Victor Green

It seems like they are being picky with inductions after the first few years, which is good.

My guess would be that the next class will be Marty Lyons and Wayne Chrebet.  Maybe biased because Chrebet my favorite player of all-time, perhaps in any sport.  And good luck finding a Jet fan who doesn't have him in his top 5.  Chrebet and Lyons have been good soldiers to the organization (and Wayne hasn't spoken out about his brain being beaten to mush).  It would not surprise me to see them induct Dennis Byrd.  I'm also interested to see what they think of all their post-Namath QBs (O'Brien, Vinny, Chad).   But I would rank any possible candidates as this...

1. Marty Lyons
  2. Wayne Chrebet
  3. Dennis Byrd
  4. Mo Lewis
  5. Kyle Clifton
  6. Al Atkinson
  7. Shaun Ellis
  8. Kevin Mawae
  9. Mickey Shuler
  10. Pat Leahy
  11. Aaron Glenn
  12. Victor Green

Your right, they seem to be picky which is what made wonder what is the exact criteria they're looking for to make the ROH.  Do they have to retire a Jet or just play long enough with us to be recognized as a career jet, or both.  And be very good too of course.

Loved aaron glenn and victor green and Chrebet.  Chrebet had the heart of a lion.  Great list all together.  Kevin Mawae was the best center in the league for years while he played with us so I would expect him in 100%   

And your right NJ mead., it would be very interesting to see if the Jets would honor Chad and or Vinny in the Ring of Honor.  Again, not elite at their position but were very helpful to this organization during there time here and are fan favorites til this day for most.

No way on Mickens and B Thomas, nice list above, I'd add Lageman onto it too.

Thats why I was curious about what they looked at as far as qualification to get in the ROH.  Mickens and B Thomas were solid for us throughout the years but I agree their play may not be worthy of a ROH induction.  

1. Marty Lyons
  2. Wayne Chrebet
  3. Dennis Byrd
  4. Mo Lewis
  5. Kyle Clifton
  6. Al Atkinson
  7. Shaun Ellis
  8. Kevin Mawae
  9. Mickey Shuler
  10. Pat Leahy
  11. Aaron Glenn
  12. Victor Green

No to all those guys imo, maybe except Lyons and Chrebet. 

Archived