Rex: Jets will see the best Mark Sanchez 'they've ever seen'

Jetsfan80

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's right, Pac.  You can't argue that Sanchez "won us" those 4 playoff games without also agreeing that he "lost us" those 2 AFC Title games. 

The rest of us are arguing that Sanchez sucks and always has sucked.  So I think you're the one being selective here.

By selective do you mean dumb?

there is no competition

sanchez is the starter

rex is determined to prove he can do it, team (and fans) be damned

This seems to continue the love afair that SexyRexy has for San-Cheese..........

Playoff Mark is merely fine.  Statistically he was better than he actually was.  Pittsburgh in particular.  Before he put up those respectable numbers, he'd already blown the game.  Like JR Smith hitting 3 3-pointers at the end of a game that was already in the bag for Boston last night.  Would have been nice if he hadn't gone 0/11 before that.  Maybe Mark's 2nd half numbers would have been meaningful if we didn't go 3 & out for most of the first half, followed by fumbling (shock, shock) to give Pittsburgh a free TD on defense.

In his rookie season he was an absolute train wreck vs SD in the playoffs.  But our defense caused 5 turnovers and we still only scored 17, winning by 3.  Mark "led" us to victory? Yeah, right.

Against Indy in his first year he threw that one beautiful bomb to Edwards and that was about it.  The other TD was because of Brad Smith's arm, not Mark's, and the FG was after we took over in FG range and Sanchez didn't even attempt a pass.  

The other Indy game we won? Since when is 18-31-189-0-1 "quite good"? We won because we had over 160 rushing yards and because Caldwell decided to give us a free timeout.

He had excellent games vs Cincy and New England.  Even though he wasn't asked to do as much vs Cincy, all we needed was an efficient game manager and he was perfect in that role for 1 day.  All 3 TDs vs NE were guys running it in after the catch (particularly Braylon who comically carried two Patriots with him into the EZ), but he had a good game (even if the stat sheet made him look better than he actually was).  

Enough of this still-growing myth that Mark Sanchez is some dangerous weapon once the playoffs come around.

The defense forgetting how to tackle in the 1st half had a lot more to do with the Jets blowing the Pitt game than what Sanchez did.  It was 21-0 before we knew what happened.  Mark played well in the 2nd half of that game and we may have won if someone tackles Ben on 3rd and 6.

I know you dislike Sanchez but trying to discredit his TD throws because they weren't in thrown in the end zone is a little silly.  Not to mention I think you're wrong, what about that beauty to Holmes in the left corner that Santonio admittedly made a nice catch on?

4 playoff road wins is not a myth.  It really happened.

The defense forgetting how to tackle in the 1st half had a lot more to do with the Jets blowing the Pitt game than what Sanchez did.  It was 21-0 before we knew what happened.  Mark played well in the 2nd half of that game and we may have won if someone tackles Ben on 3rd and 6.

I know you dislike Sanchez but trying to discredit his TD throws because they weren't in thrown in the end zone is a little silly.  Not to mention I think you're wrong, what about that beauty to Holmes in the left corner that Santonio admittedly made a nice catch on?

We know.

Rex and Mark have propped themselves up on those lofty accomplishments for the past 2 miserable seasons. ;)

It was 21-0 because of our offense as well.  Otherwise it would have been 21-14 or 21-21.  You are making this argument as though marching the defense back onto the field 1 minute after they just got off it has no effect.  Then at least part of the played well in the 2nd half because Pittsburgh stopped attacking on defense.  

Dumping the ball off to an open LT who ran it in is hardly the hallmark of quarterbacking genius.  It wasn't even a good throw; on a short pass he threw it over the wrong shoulder.  LT doesn't drop passes so it didn't matter, and then he dove into the EZ. The throw to Edwards was not a TD throw.  It was a completed pass.  Edwards carrying people into the EZ has very little to do with Sanchez.  And as I recall we were lucky he didn't get called for a delay of game.   But the play would have been even easier if the throw was in the right spot.  The Holmes throw was very good, whether Holmes made a great catch or not the throw was in the right place.

He had a good game vs NE with a stat line that made it look like he had a great game.  I feel I've given him the proper kudos for playing well.  Of course, lost in all this is that NE had the NFL's 30th ranked pass defense that year.  

I now dub thee...". Non-Wity Integrity".....enjoy.....

Thanks man. I was wondering what an awful comeback might look like, and I dreamt up a couple of trainwrecks... but this far exceeds the limitations of my Ape-like imagination.

It was 21-0 because of our offense as well.  Otherwise it would have been 21-14 or 21-21.  You are making this argument as though marching the defense back onto the field 1 minute after they just got off it has no effect.  Then at least part of the played well in the 2nd half because Pittsburgh stopped attacking on defense.  

Dumping the ball off to an open LT who ran it in is hardly the hallmark of quarterbacking genius.  It wasn't even a good throw; on a short pass he threw it over the wrong shoulder.  LT doesn't drop passes so it didn't matter, and then he dove into the EZ. The throw to Edwards was not a TD throw.  It was a completed pass.  Edwards carrying people into the EZ has very little to do with Sanchez.  And as I recall we were lucky he didn't get called for a delay of game.   But the play would have been even easier if the throw was in the right spot.  The Holmes throw was very good, whether Holmes made a great catch or not the throw was in the right place.

He had a good game vs NE with a stat line that made it look like he had a great game.  I feel I've given him the proper kudos for playing well.  Of course, lost in all this is that NE had the NFL's 30th ranked pass defense that year.  

Next thing you will be telling us is that the "Immaculate Reception" was not so Immaculate

You been cracking me up lately... and moreso scaring me with how like-minded our posts have been about teh Jets stuff.

Why don't you just send him a floral arrangement already.  This post is disgusting.

Preemptive ass kissing to mods won't save you from your fate if and when I report you. 

Not wIty INteGrity

Can someone explain to me how competition will actually make Sanchez better after the ball is snapped? The only way Rex could justify that opinion is if Sanchez was relatively lazy and didn't try hard enough before this competition arrived.

INTERESTING TIDBIT:

Michael Kay asked Jeff Garcia about working with Sanchez and Sanchez's struggles, etc. Garcia first talked about weapons, then he launched into an extended discussion about how playing QB is a full time job that requires constant preparation every day, all year, "both mentally and physically." Could just be that Sanchez is just a goofy kid that works 9-5 and spends the Spring chasing down C-list MILFs.

Why don't you just send him a floral arrangement already.  This post is disgusting.

Preemptive ass kissing to mods won't save you from your fate if and when I report you. 

Not wIty INteGrity

nice.

INTERESTING TIDBIT:

Michael Kay asked Jeff Garcia about working with Sanchez and Sanchez's struggles, etc. Garcia first talked about weapons, then he launched into an extended discussion about how playing QB is a full time job that requires constant preparation every day, all year, "both mentally and physically." Could just be that Sanchez is just a goofy kid that works 9-5 and spends the Spring chasing down C-list MILFs.

Could be that Sanchez sucks.

Whoa whoa whoa....the '05 Jaguars were absolutely loaded. Taylor, Jones, and Smith on offense with Henderson, Stroud, Peterson, Grant, and Mathis on D. Garrard played with an awesome roster early on.

Fine.  Garrard still made a Pro Bowl once with a loaded roster while Sanchez was bottom 5 statistically with a loaded roster his 1st 2 seasons, and got worse when the roster wasn't elite.  Garrard >>>> Sanchez, today or at any point in their respective careers anyone wants to pick out.

The best of Mark Sanchez still is only good enough to be holding a clipboard for at least 30 NFL teams and maybe a CFL team or 2.  Maybe Mark and Tebow should both play in the CFL and become long-time rivals.  I fully support that.

Wait, so you're telling me NFL games are 60 minutes, not just the few minutes every few games when Mark randomly decides to look like an NFL QB?  I don't believe you.

Yeah because we all know in the NFL teams never ever get off to a bad start.

There is no doubt Sanchez has created a lot of his own problems mostly by not protecting the football. But the fact hes played with a bunch of borderline practice squad players, thugs, and old men fresh out of jail certainly cant be helping his situation. When you look at how MOST teams handle a new QB and compare that to the way the Jets have handled QB's the past 12 years Its laughable.

I had high hopes for Sanchez and I thought he would pull out of the rut he was in but he very well could be ruined at this stage. Whether or not he fits Morhinwigs system reamins to be seen, My high hopes have dwendeled rather quickly but if he does get the starting nod I certainly will be pulling for him to succeed as I hope all of you will as well.

Not wIty INteGrity

Its disgusting

There is no doubt Sanchez has created a lot of his own problems mostly by not protecting the football. But the fact hes played with a bunch of borderline practice squad players, thugs, and old men fresh out of jail certainly cant be helping his situation. When you look at how MOST teams handle a new QB and compare that to the way the Jets have handled QB's the past 12 years Its laughable.

I had high hopes for Sanchez and I thought he would pull out of the rut he was in but he very well could be ruined at this stage. Whether or not he fits Morhinwigs system reamins to be seen, My high hopes have dwendeled rather quickly but if he does get the starting nod I certainly will be pulling for him to succeed as I hope all of you will as well.

He finally has a system that caters to his strengths and a QB coach that doesn't suck. 

I think it's too late for him here though..  the savages at Met Life will go ballistic at the first incomplete pass.  It might be better if he has a stellar camp and then we trade him for a pick.   

Oh and BTW marching the defense out on the field in the first quarter or first half when the offense is sh*tting the bed is when you expect the defense to show up and stop the bleeding. The jets defense didnt do it. The 4th quarter is when you see defenses get tired but the great defenses step up and make the stop, we did not.

The only reason your even making these points is because Sanchez happens to be a factor early on with the fumble . You have a deep hatred for the kid and it makes you say things like Defenses getting tired out in the first 2 Quarters of a game. If they were tired in the first 2 quarters how on earth did they pitch a shutout in the second half ? By making plays they should have made in the first half when the Steelers were running the ball right down our throats.

Playoff Mark is merely fine.  Statistically he was better than he actually was.  Pittsburgh in particular.  Before he put up those respectable numbers, he'd already blown the game.  Like JR Smith hitting 3 3-pointers at the end of a game that was already in the bag for Boston last night.  Would have been nice if he hadn't gone 0/11 before that.  Maybe Mark's 2nd half numbers would have been meaningful if we didn't go 3 & out for most of the first half, followed by fumbling (shock, shock) to give Pittsburgh a free TD on defense.

In his rookie season he was an absolute train wreck vs SD in the playoffs.  But our defense caused 5 turnovers and we still only scored 17, winning by 3.  Mark "led" us to victory? Yeah, right.

Against Indy in his first year he threw that one beautiful bomb to Edwards and that was about it.  The other TD was because of Brad Smith's arm, not Mark's, and the FG was after we took over in FG range and Sanchez didn't even attempt a pass.  

The other Indy game we won? Since when is 18-31-189-0-1 "quite good"? We won because we had over 160 rushing yards and because Caldwell decided to give us a free timeout.

He had excellent games vs Cincy and New England.  Even though he wasn't asked to do as much vs Cincy, all we needed was an efficient game manager and he was perfect in that role for 1 day.  All 3 TDs vs NE were guys running it in after the catch (particularly Braylon who comically carried two Patriots with him into the EZ), but he had a good game (even if the stat sheet made him look better than he actually was).  But we did move the ball and he didn't turn the ball over, so I absolutely will give him due credit for a good game.  Just that the stat line reads like someone who was on fire.

Enough of this still-growing myth that Mark Sanchez is some dangerous weapon once the playoffs come around.

Pacturd pwnage is the best kind of pwnage.

Archived