Rex: Jets will see the best Mark Sanchez 'they've ever seen'

Jetsfan80

He finally has a system that caters to his strengths and a QB coach that doesn't suck. 

I think it's too late for him here though..  the savages at Met Life will go ballistic at the first incomplete pass.  It might be better if he has a stellar camp and then we trade him for a pick.   

Your right it very well may be too late not to mention we did nothing in the offseason to get a WR and we lost a TE that he onviously missed last year even though he was a big pussy. Sanchez will once again fail because this team has once again failed to get him some players that could make a difference. Ivory and Goodson will be a big help but they wont stop our stellar WR group from being the disaster its been the past 2 years

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and BTW marching the defense out on the field in the first quarter or first half when the offense is sh*tting the bed is when you expect the defense to show up and stop the bleeding. The jets defense didnt do it.

LOL.  So its the expectation of the defense to always be cleaning up after the offenses's mess?  The way they've been doing it Mark's entire career here?  Literally no other NFL team operates this way.

But Sanchez gives the Jets the best chance to win. He was right all along, but that's because Sanchez had Tebow and McElroy as back ups.

Luckily Sanchez is now 3rd on the list of QB's who give us the best chance to win. 

Whoa whoa whoa....the '05 Jaguars were absolutely loaded. Taylor, Jones, and Smith on offense with Henderson, Stroud, Peterson, Grant, and Mathis on D. Garrard played with an awesome roster early on.

Thats not when Garrard had his probowl year though.  The year he made the probowl I'm pretty sure his #1 target was crackhead Matt Jones.

LOL.  So its the expectation of the defense to always be cleaning up after the offenses's mess?  The way they've been doing it Mark's entire career here?  Literally no other NFL team operates this way.

No what Im saying is this type pf stuff happens all the time. teams have bad first halves and recover in every single sport. The Jets recovered and at the end they didnt get the big stop. If you want to relate that ALL to Sanchez then fine but it happens to plenty of the great QB's as well . 

If you want to talk football fine if you want to be a message board goodball  making silly statements like the one I quoted then lets not discuss this further.

Thats not when Garrard had his probowl year though.  The year he made the probowl I'm pretty sure his #1 target was crackhead Matt Jones.

Did you pick up that nugget when you two were playing Euchre at Studio 54 or whatever preposterous fairytale you try and tell here?

No what Im saying is this type pf stuff happens all the time. teams have bad first halves and recover in every single sport. The Jets recovered and at the end they didnt get the big stop. If you want to relate that ALL to Sanchez then fine but it happens to plenty of the great QB's as well . 

If you want to talk football fine if you want to be a message board goodball  making silly statements like the one I quoted then lets not discuss this further.

Teams don't find themselves down 21-0 in a conference title game "all the time".  When we needed Mark to come through most and finally get us to a Super Bowl, he was absolutely awful. 

He sucks and its time to move on from him, finally.

The defense forgetting how to tackle in the 1st half had a lot more to do with the Jets blowing the Pitt game than what Sanchez did.  It was 21-0 before we knew what happened.  Mark played well in the 2nd half of that game and we may have won if someone tackles Ben on 3rd and 6.

I know you dislike Sanchez but trying to discredit his TD throws because they weren't in thrown in the end zone is a little silly.  Not to mention I think you're wrong, what about that beauty to Holmes in the left corner that Santonio admittedly made a nice catch on?

4 playoff road wins is not a myth.  It really happened.

Recall Pitt's last score before half was a result of Pick 6 again coughing it up. Look at the sequence right before half-

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201101230pit.htm

Teams don't find themselves down 21-0 in a conference title game "all the time".  When we needed Mark to come through most and finally get us to a Super Bowl, he was absolutely awful. 

He sucks and its time to move on from him, finally.

I guess teams dont lose games when up 17-6 either ...right ?

Jacksonville, FL is the anus of the US. 

You live in Rochester and vacation to my state.  lmfao  Rochester.  lulzalulzalulza

Did you pick up that nugget when you two were playing Euchre at Studio 54 or whatever preposterous fairytale you try and tell here?

Nah, I just called my boy Garrard and asked him.  He actually corrected me and told me Ernest Wilford (my old neighbor and cards buddy) was his leading receiver.  Totally forgot. 

I guess teams dont lose games when up 17-6 either ...right ?

If Sanchez could EVER produce for a full 60 minutes I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.  But he doesn't deserve it.

Sanchez by half for that Colts game you speak of:

Comp-att

1st:  5-7

2nd:  12-23

Yards

1st:  124

2nd:  133

TD-Int

1st:  2-0

2nd:  0-1

Passer rating

1st:  153.3

2nd:  51.5

The Colts made the adjustments, Greene got hurt, Sanchez floundered, and Peyton did what Peyton does.  That's the story of the game right there. 

The 1st half of the Steelers game in 2011 and the 2nd half of the Colts game in 2010, the common denominator was Sanchez's poor performances.  THAT is the # 1 reason why we didn't reach the Super Bowl either season.  If Sanchez had progressed from those 2 years, again, we could give him the benefit of the doubt.  But since he's sucked even worse since then......nope.  He has been our biggest problem for 4 years, and whatever our 2nd biggest problem is really isn't close. 

Sucks that basically our worst player happened to play at the most important position on the field, or else we'd have a Lombardi.  Wish we'd have found a way to keep Brett Favre.  OR that Tannenbaum didn't extend Sanchez's deal, at the very least.  We wouldn't even be discussing this crap, STILL.

Glad to see that after even they finally turned on him by the end of last season, all it took was a few months without football for Pac and Smash to be back to sporting a mouthful of Sanchez spunk.

Too crude..  save your personal fantasies for your "other" message board.

Kimberly Jones ‏@KimJonesSports

Mark Sanchez meets media. Says he is "thrilled" to compete. "They drafted a QB. Let's compete."

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

When asked if he expects to win QB competition "no doubt, of course

Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber

Jets C Nick Mangold says he sees something different in Mark Sanchez this year. Senses a more mature attitude.

Mark Sanchez on Tim Tebow, "WAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Mark Sanchez on competition, "pout pout"

Nick Mangold on Mark Sanchez having something different in him, "I knew Jeff Garcia would lead to this... Demario disapproves."

Cool.  Once again, Sanchez says all the right things.  Still sucks on the field.  He won't win Idzik over that easily.

I bet Sanchez studied harder than every one else to get those questions right.

Mark Sanchez meets media. Says he is "thrilled" to compete. "They drafted a QB. Let's compete."

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber

Jets C Nick Mangold says he sees something different in Mark Sanchez this year. Senses a more mature attitude.

http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2012/08/mark_sanchez_has_been_impressi.html

Mark Sanchez has been impressing his teammates during Jets camp at SUNY Cortland

10306558.pngBy Sean Grogan, The Post-Standard The Post-Standard

on August 15, 2012

Through all the buzz surrounding Tim Tebow at New York Jets camp this preseason, starting quarterback Mark Sanchez has been impressing his teammates.

“He’s always been improving,” all-pro cornerback Darrelle Revis said Wednesday as the team wrapped up its final open practice at SUNY Cortland. “I think the best thing he’s been doing is the placement of ... deep throws. He’s throwing them away from defenders. He’s putting the ball where it needs to be.”

Revis pointed out that Sanchez led the Jets to two AFC championship games in his first three years. Linebacker Bart Scott said the fourth year in the league for a quarterback is the most important.

“In year four the game slows down for you,” Scott said. “It’s a little hiccup with a new offensive system.”

Scott said the team expects Sanchez to raise his game and become one of the league’s top 10 quarterbacks. It is Sanchez’s control over the offense this training camp that has led teammates to believe he has reached another level.

“It’s just his command of the huddle, his command of his guys. He’s being vocal and going out and correcting his receivers, telling them where he expects them to be,” Scott said. “I think the ball’s coming out fast, he’s making quick decisions and the ball’s on its mark.”

“I think his confidence is higher than I’ve ever seen it,” said head coach Rex Ryan. “He can make all the throws. He’s no stranger to the coverages now. ... He’s a proven winner. He’s elevated his game, and I think his teammates recognize that.”

Though the Jets believe they have a quarterback capable of leading them, inexperience and injuries at wide receiver have become a major concern. The team’s top receiver, Santonio Holmes, has not been able to practice since suffering a rib injury in the Green and White Scrimmage. Ryan said he is unsure if Holmes will be able to return by the end of the preseason.

Rookie receiver Stephen Hill returned to practice Wednesday after X-rays on his right ring finger proved negative. Hill’s presence should come as a relief to Jets fans as the rookie has had an impressive camp.

Revis said Hill is the receiver who has most surprised him, and he expects him to be a large contributor and most likely a starter. “Stephen Hill has stepped up a lot. He has a lot of speed. He’s making plays.”

Some receiving help may be on the way from cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who once again practiced briefly with the offense Wednesday and caught one pass from Tebow. Three plays later, he was back at cornerback and intercepted a pass thrown by Sanchez.

The Jets wrap up training camp at SUNY Cortland today with a final closed practice.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber

Which offseason are these tweets from?

Archived