Why is D-Rose such a puss?

Shumpert had pretty much the same injury at the same time on the opposite knee. Shumpert has played over 40 regular season games and the whole playoffs. Rose is officially a pussy if he cannot go 10-15 minutes in this series.

Shumpert and Roses game is totally different and they are asked to do different things. Love how couch potato and armchair QB's are calling real athletes 'pussy', you don't know if he's 'ready', medical staffs have been wrong before. Plus he hasn't played all year, totally messes up the chemistry. 

Edited by rillo

As a Bulls fan it is killing me to see him on the benc... They were deep eenough to win it all this year...

Wild scenario... But imagine if they won it all without him... Then what? That would be an awkward part of roses career...

Shumpert and Roses game is totally different and they are asked to do different things. Love how couch potato and armchair QB's are calling real athletes 'pussy', you don't know if he's 'ready', medical staffs have been wrong before. Plus he hasn't played all year, totally messes up the chemistry. 

He was cleared to play by the Bulls' medical staff March 8th.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/derrick-rose-cleared-play-reportedly-yet-rose-hesitating-193555488--nba.html?.tsrc=bell

Gotta dissagree, rillo. It has nothing to do with the type of game they play. Rose is simply afraid of getting hurt again.

He has not only been cleared to play by doctors, but got a second opinion that he could play. Fear is the only thing holding him back.

if he doesn't come back after tonight's game he should probably just off himself or quit basketball

what a pussyyyy

Yea, the kid who missed 6 total games in his first three years after being routinely pounded on at 190 lbs is the pussy. Righttt.  How any of you can possibly pretend to know what he's thinking or feeling is beyond me.  People, especially elite athletes know their body better than anybody; if he thinks he's not ready, he's not ready.  Just go take a look at RGIII, bet he'd like to sit that one out.  

This is about the bulls being competitive for the next ten years, not just one year.  Yea, as a fan that's gotta suck, but it's not your knee nor is it your life/career on the line.  

Yea, the kid who missed 6 total games in his first three years after being routinely pounded on at 190 lbs is the pussy. Righttt.  How any of you can possibly pretend to know what he's thinking or feeling is beyond me.  People, especially elite athletes know their body better than anybody; if he thinks he's not ready, he's not ready.  Just go take a look at RGIII, bet he'd like to sit that one out.  

This is about the bulls being competitive for the next ten years, not just one year.  Yea, as a fan that's gotta suck, but it's not your knee nor is it your life/career on the line.  

same kid who was CLEARED TO PLAY AGES AGO is too pussy ti go out and play while his team mates are either puking or having plantar fasciitis and playing their asses off

you must be a puss too to defend the D-flower

If he was cleared to play he should be playing. He gets paid to play.

He's scared he's going to get hurt again or he won't be as good pre injury. Who's to say he wot sit out next year too?

same kid who was CLEARED TO PLAY AGES AGO is too pussy ti go out and play while his team mates are either puking or having plantar fasciitis and playing their asses off

you must be a puss too to defend the D-flower

RGIII was cleared to play as well; it's not a perfect science.  The fact that you associate a virus and plantar fasciatis with an ACL tear, is one of the reasons arguing with you is not only pointless, but it hurts my head.  

Yes, can't argue your point with facts, go to the ad homenim argument. Classic blackout.

If he was cleared to play he should be playing. He gets paid to play.

He's scared he's going to get hurt again or he won't be as good pre injury. Who's to say he wot sit out next year too?

Regardless of whether it's psychological or not, he's clearly not ready. The psychological aspect is a very big part of recovery, just as much so as the physical aspect.  I find it laughable any of you even question this kids intensity or competitiveness; if he thought he could be out there, there's no way he's not going to be out there.

Regardless of whether it's psychological or not, he's clearly not ready. The psychological aspect is a very big part of recovery, just as much so as the physical aspect.  I find it laughable any of you even question this kids intensity or competitiveness; if he thought he could be out there, there's no way he's not going to be out there.

How is he clearly not ready? Because his camp is in his ear dont come back till next season? Lets be honest, his people definitely didnt see the Bulls being this successful without him, now they have pie on their faces.

He's been running around dunking in warmups for months now. Saying you're mentally not ready is a cop out because he decided before the season he wasnt coming back at all. Being listed as out for "mental reasons" is what's laughable.

Edited by Matt39

How is he clearly not ready? Because his camp is in his ear dont come back till next season? Lets be honest, his people definitely didnt see the Bulls being this successful without him, now they have pie on their faces.

He's been running around dunking in warmups for months now. Saying you're mentally not ready is a cop out because he decided before the season he wasnt coming back at all. Being listed as out for "mental reasons" is what's laughable.

There's a difference between casually dunking in warmups and putting 100% of that torque on his left knee in game-time situations.  I have no idea what his knee feels like, but I just find it absolutely laughable for anyone sitting on their asses in their office job or at home to tell an elite, professional athlete what his knee feels like and how he should sacrifice his body.

By yours and Blackouts backwards-ass reasoning, I should be calling Luol Deng a pussy for not playing lately, seeing as Michael Jordan not only played with the flu, but dominated.  I bet he caught the pussyness from Rose, makes sense I suppose.

There's a difference between casually dunking in warmups and putting 100% of that torque on his left knee in game-time situations.  I have no idea what his knee feels like, but I just find it absolutely laughable for anyone sitting on their asses in their office job or at home to tell an elite, professional athlete what his knee feels like and how he should sacrifice his body.

By yours and Blackouts backwards-ass reasoning, I should be calling Luol Deng a pussy for not playing lately, seeing as Michael Jordan not only played with the flu, but dominated.  I bet he caught the pussyness from Rose, makes sense I suppose.

He's been cleared for two months. He's been practicing at full tilt for two months. I dont have a horse in this race but you seem quite defensive about it.

I think its pretty obvious his brother told him prior to the season, sit it out- the Bulls will stink without you anyways....and come back in 2014. He just looks worse by the day because one- he's been cleared and two- the Bulls are playing well.

• Upvote 1

Let's look at the facts.

First, the injury was 1 year ago last week and the long of recovery is 8 to 12 months.

Second, Rose was medically cleared to practice in March.

Third, Rose has practiced fully since then, including scrimmaging, without a single setback.

Fourth, Rose has participated in every shootaround before games, including the postseason. Again, without setback.

That all points to Rose making the personal decision not to play. It is absolutely fear driven.

As to the brother factor, it is interesting how it all played out with him ripping Rose's teammates and then them playing well without him.

Let's look at the facts.

First, the injury was 1 year ago last week and the long of recovery is 8 to 12 months.

Second, Rose was medically cleared to practice in March.

Third, Rose has practiced fully since then, including scrimmaging, without a single setback.

Fourth, Rose has participated in every shootaround before games, including the postseason. Again, without setback.

That all points to Rose making the personal decision not to play. It is absolutely fear driven.

As to the brother factor, it is interesting how it all played out with him ripping Rose's teammates and then them playing well without him.

He's been cleared for two months. He's been practicing at full tilt for two months. I dont have a horse in this race but you seem quite defensive about it.

I think its pretty obvious his brother told him prior to the season, sit it out- the Bulls will stink without you anyways....and come back in 2014. He just looks worse by the day because one- he's been cleared and two- the Bulls are playing well.

I'm sure it is absolutely fear-driven; it's the rest of his career and livelihood, he certainly should be nervous about it.  But my point is that I believe you both are undervaluing the mental recovery aspect of it, which is just as, if not more trying than the physical aspect. We're no longer in the dark-ages of medicine and sports, psychological factors play a major factor in increasing risk for injury and rehabilitation.  Research has extensively shown that psychological stressers increases the risk of injury or in his case, reinjury in numerous ways; the most being, that a stressed, not mentally sure athlete becomes physically tense, which drastically decreases the coordination and motor speed of his muscles, which leads to injury or reinjury.  Not to mention that it has a statistically significant correlation with poor performance.  Thus, if he feels he's not ready, then he's not ready and he's going to be hesitant when he comes back and that's not great for his team or himself. 

If you wanna call him scared, that's fine, but to simply write it off as him having no heart or being a pussy is bush-league; this is the same kid who played through a sprained MCL, high ankle sprain, hurt AC joint, hurt wrist all while being at the top of minutes played in addition to helping to carry his team against the east the last few years.  

I agree that if I were a bulls fan, I'd be pissed and want him to play, but I also look at guys like CP3, Shump, Kmart and not only could you tell they were hesitant and some of their explosiveness was lacking, they weren't nearly as effective until a minimum of a year after coming back.  It's quite possible Rose doesn't want to come back and play 15 mins off the bench in a role and manner he's not used to; that'd probably be detrimental to the team. I personally cannot wait for him to come back, as he was one of my favorite non-knicks players to watch, but I'm not gonna belittle him for doing it, same as I didn't when Lin got hurt.

• Upvote 1

Penny Hardaway was cleared to play, Brandon Roy was cleared to play, Amari Stoudamire (Suns days) was cleared to play, Grant Hill (Pistons/Magic) was cleared to play. The list can go on, if he's not ready it's within his right IMO, it's his livelihood and his career. 

Bulls won last night, but I still think the Heat take it in 6, with or without Rose playing 15mins a game.  

Edited by rillo

I'm not mentally ready to post on this website, but I do it. Because it's my job.

The problem is the majority of people clamoring for him to play, are the same people that will question the doctors and coaches if he re-injures himself, just like many did with RG III.  His knee checked out and was cleared to play against the Eagles, yet everyone was second guessing the decision to play him after he shredded his knee.  What's the difference?? The doctors said his knee was structurally sound before the game and all reports were that he looked fine in practice and yet come game time it's a whole different intensity and we obviously know the results.

Every player in every pro sport is one second away from some devastating injury. RGIII or anyone else might've had the catastrophic injury with or without the prior injury. May be the prior injury  makes the last one worse, but you don't know that.

Rose's team will get a finite number of chances to grab the brass ring. He right now is not part of it by choice.

Edited by Bugg

The problem is the majority of people clamoring for him to play, are the same people that will question the doctors and coaches if he re-injures himself, just like many did with RG III.  His knee checked out and was cleared to play against the Eagles, yet everyone was second guessing the decision to play him after he shredded his knee.  What's the difference?? The doctors said his knee was structurally sound before the game and all reports were that he looked fine in practice and yet come game time it's a whole different intensity and we obviously know the results.

I have to disagree with the RGIII analogy because RGIII missed only a week or two, rushing back and got worse. Rose has been out a year. Far different situation.

No athlete "rushes" back after a year away because of an ACL. You're a doc or almost there. If there is any isue with the knee after the year then its a congenital issue regardless of the recovery period, right?