I see no reason why

Jacked4JetsFB

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spin?

Spin is when you post the stats of a backup, who was injured, to try to sell him as being less capable than the guy that he has to replace. Spin is when you imply that not having Dustin Keller will keep us out of the playoffs. Hahahaha... alright, well now that it's clear you've got an agenda. I'll offer up one other point and then laugh at you... 

Few tight ends are freakish athletes, the rest are products of circumstance and often excel as a result of chemistry. Alge Crumpler played well above his means for years because of chemistry with Vick, just as Kevin Boss did when he was with the Giants catching passes from Eli.

Keller's 60 catches a year, could be redistributed easily to a receiving fullback (Bohanon?), Cumberland, Hayden Smith or one of the TEs that we grabbed at a UDFA, or a veteran that we may sign in the coming months, since the season is a long ways off. 

I think it's laughable that you just backed off your "playmakers" argument when I illustrated what McNabb accomplished without superstar WRs, and went right for TE as if we can't replace 60 catches in an offense designed to distribute the ball to a wide range of targets. 

You know what I think is laughable ? That you would bring Hayden Smith and Bohanon into this debate as the guys to make up 60 catches from a TE that was a pussy in the first place. Optimistic anyone ? Insane ?

I'm actually interested to see about Clyde Gates and Jordan White..  word was they were both really coming on.  We don't have MegaJulioAndre but we have a pack of serviceable options. 

No, we have one serviceable option and a boxcar full of bums.

You know what I think is laughable ? That you would bring Hayden Smith and Bohanon into this debate as the guys to make up 60 catches from a TE that was a pussy in the first place. Optimistic anyone ? Insane ?

Have you ever actually looked at the box score for teams that run a WCO?

8-10 guys with 3-4 catches, sometimes there's a guy that might go for 5-8 catches, but usually it's wide distribution.

It's a system that doesn't rely on superstars to function. Smith, Bohanon, Jordan White, Clyde Gates, whoever... you are going to be seeing guys catch the ball that are role-players, that is the point I'm trying to make.

If we are lucky a TE will emerge that has great chemistry with Garrard or Geno, and rack up more catches than anyone could project, BUT it's not essential to the success of the offense.

Dustin Keller isn't the reason we won't make the playoffs. 

I never said I liked Holmes...  just that he'll be able to come back and play.

I'm actually interested to see about Clyde Gates and Jordan White..  word was they were both really coming on.  We don't have MegaJulioAndre but we have a pack of serviceable options. 

Yeah exactly ....Servicable why on earth would we want to get any of our QB's anything more than servicable/ If anything is going to improve our passing game this season, the numbers will be coming from the RB's IF they stay healthy. I would much rather have more safety valves for Sanchez to check down too than pump faking 95 times and releasing the ball 30 yards down field into the arms of a waiting safety/ Under Morhinwig you can bet the Jets will be utilizing the backs much more in the passing game than idiot Shotty and Moron Sparano. Which in turn should get the ball into explosive players hands to make plays and up our QB's completion percentage giving him time to ease into the game with a few completions. Thats the difference between the WC and the Total garbage weve been running the past 4 years. Take what a team gives you then attack when they adjust. 

Dwight Freeney, Ronnie Brown, and Kevin Jones have come back from Lis Franc.  I'm not saying Holmes might not suffer some ill effects but he should be able to go.  Especially when you take into account he needs to prove something this year if he wants to continue to collect NFL paychecks. 

a dl and 2 below average rb. a quick twitch wr like santonio is not a great candidate to recover from lis franc fracture.

It's a system that doesn't rely on superstars to function. Smith, Bohanon, Jordan White, Clyde Gates, whoever... you are going to be seeing guys catch the ball that are role-players, that is the point I'm trying to make. 

You guys cannot be serious with this sh*t. White and Gates aren't "role players." Kevin Walter is a role player. Brandon Lloyd is a role player. Jason Avant is a role player. White and Gates are lucky they're not on the taxi squad.

Lattimore just got drafted a few months removed from having his leg ripped off and Santonio is never gonna play again?

Bitonti is right here.  A Lis Franc injury is serious business for a WR.

The fact that Holmes took a major paycut without a peep indicates one of two things.

1) he has had an epiphany, and is suddenly a total team player

2)  Rehab isn’t going well, and he had no choice. 

I’ll go with #2

8-10 guys with 3-4 catches, sometimes there's a guy that might go for 5-8 catches, but usually it's wide distribution.

its one thing to talk about role players, its another to talk about street free agents. 

Playoffs ?

We have weaknesses at Safety and LB and a rookie at CB. Without even mentioning our inept offense the main reason we were able to sneak into the playoffs the first 2 years of Rex was due to a gift wrapped Colts game and the second time we lost 3 of our last 5 games some in blowout fashion and got in. This defense is not close to comparing to that defense in any way other than the DL and people are calling for playoffs ? Who is playing TE ? If the abomination that Sanchez was last year shows up again, this team will be very lucky to win 5 games. And yes, at Sanchez;' salary, he probably will be starting

Some in blowout fashion?  The 2010 team lost 2 games by more than 4 points all season. One was 9-0 to the Pack week 8, the other was the blowout to the Pats.  Three if you count the 5 point loss in the AFCCG.  The other two losses in that span were 4 pointers.  Not exactly a collapse.  We didn't sneak anywhere in 2010.  We were a legit contender.  I could argue 2009 too, but the 2010 team was a no doubt beast 

we can disparage Dustin Keller, now that he's gone. but hes a former 1st rounder and a capable producer. Hoping Cumberland can replace him is not the same as replacing him.

He never played like a 1st rounder.

Like I said above, with the right chemistry any middling TE can suddenly show up and post big stats... Brett Myers being a recent example. 

I also doubt that we go all the way through camp without adding a veteran if the front office feels the position is insufficiently addressed, and by no means is not replacing Keller the make-or-break of this off-season.

You guys cannot be serious with this sh*t. White and Gates aren't "role players." Kevin Walter is a role player. Brandon Lloyd is a role player. Jason Avant is a role player. White and Gates are lucky they're not on the taxi squad.

Every role player starts out as a nobody, that inspired zero confidence. You have the benefit of hindsight in looking back at guys like Avant and Walter and saying, they were role players. 

The reality is, they started out as depth, got an opportunity and delivered on what they were asked to do. We have guys on this roster that can just as easily answer the call to grab 30-40 passes a year in this offense. 

There's no such thing as a roster full of 53 proven commodities.

I think all Pac and I are saying is that we've got unproven guys on the roster that can do the job that is asked of them by the coaching staff (which is play a role, catch 40 passes), which may not align with the stupid expectations of fans (which is catch 80 passes and become a stud).

Teams that win are filled with guys that "do their job", not with All-Madden studs.

its one thing to talk about role players, its another to talk about street free agents. 

Rod Smith was a street free agent. Arian Foster too. Teams are loaded with street free agents that have varying degrees of success. My expectations for them to play a part of the whole, and not become superstars, is realistic. 

It's one thing to talk, it's another to talk out of your ass.

If we are lucky a TE will emerge that has great chemistry with Garrard or Geno, and rack up more catches than anyone could project, BUT it's not essential to the success of the offense.

Dustin Keller isn't the reason we won't make the playoffs. 

Yes Ape Ive been pushing for that style of offense for years if youve read my posts. Spreading the ball around and putting it into the hands of your RB's in the short passing game. I still can't believe you throwing such stellar names around like Bohannon ( have ya ever seen the guy play ) and Clyde ******* Gates, Jordan (has the guy been healthy yet ) White.

Just so your aware, you have the WC offense just a bit backwards. Its an offense loaded with talent that makes plays. The reason QB's running the WC have such high completion percentages is because they throw a boat load of short high percentage passes and let the talent around them get the job done. For instance lets use the best WC team ever, the Niners. Would you expect a Joe Montana with a mediocre arm to run the same type of Offense a Peyton Manning excells in ? No of course not but Walsh understood what Montana was and he surrounded him with what he needed to succeed and he didnt have him attacking deep down field every other play. They ran the WC to perfection and they were very hard to defend. Its exactly what I wanted the Jets to do with Pennington due to his high percentage passing in the WC system run by Hackett. problem was the Jets subtracted talent and his favorite WR rather than add speed and quickness.

Main problem with all this ? Sanchez ..... Is it possible he can respond to a WC offense ? Sure its possible but its certainly not probable.

Some in blowout fashion?  The 2010 team lost 2 games by more than 4 points all season. One was 9-0 to the Pack week 8, the other was the blowout to the Pats.  Three if you count the 5 point loss in the AFCCG.  The other two losses in that span were 4 pointers.  Not exactly a collapse.  We didn't sneak anywhere in 2010.  We were a legit contender.  I could argue 2009 too, but the 2010 team was a no doubt beast 

Ok so I should have said one in blowout fashion to the Pats. I was talking about the last 5 games of the season after we went 9-2 then sh*t the bed losing 3 of 5 down the stretch/ Whether we lost thos games by 4 or 20 didnt we lose one to the sh*t head Dolphins ? Following the Pats game ? Sorry but great teams dont or shouldnt lose those type games

Who wants to be like the Seahawks?  We did much better than the Seahawks in 9 & 10, and everyone still squawked.

The only team to be like is the Ravens.  A maligned QB is the Super Bowl MVP , and signs a $100,000,000 extension  

:)

Yes Ape Ive been pushing for that style of offense for years if youve read my posts. Spreading the ball around and putting it into the hands of your RB's in the short passing game. I still can't believe you throwing such stellar names around like Bohannon ( have ya ever seen the guy play ) and Clyde ******* Gates, Jordan (has the guy been healthy yet ) White.

Just so your aware, you have the WC offense just a bit backwards. Its an offense loaded with talent that makes plays. The reason QB's running the WC have such high completion percentages is because they throw a boat load of short high percentage passes and let the talent around them get the job done. For instance lets use the best WC team ever, the Niners. Would you expect a Joe Montana with a mediocre arm to run the same type of Offense a Peyton Manning excells in ? No of course not but Walsh understood what Montana was and he surrounded him with what he needed to succeed and he didnt have him attacking deep down field every other play. They ran the WC to perfection and they were very hard to defend. Its exactly what I wanted the Jets to do with Pennington due to his high percentage passing in the WC system run by Hackett. problem was the Jets subtracted talent and his favorite WR rather than add speed and quickness.

Main problem with all this ? Sanchez ..... Is it possible he can respond to a WC offense ? Sure its possible but its certainly not probable.

Yeah, I have it wrong. It's an offense designed to be loaded with stellar talent, and then limit that talents touches. LOL

No, it's a system designed to spread out the defense, and then distribute the ball to mismatches, which commonly makes role-players LOOK like major contributors, IF you have the QB to deliver the passes. 

I agree, it will all come back to the QB. Sanchez or whoever... but we do not need a roster full of superstar impact playzzzz makers like so many of the experts here insist. If we have a QB who can spread it out, to our role players, it will set up the run which is ultimately what a team built like ours wants. 

End of story, really.

Rod Smith was a street free agent. Arian Foster too. Teams are loaded with street free agents that have varying degrees of success. My expectations for them to play a part of the whole, and not become superstars, is realistic. 

It's one thing to talk, it's another to talk out of your ass.

yes Clyde Gates is Rod Smith, Bilal Powell is Arian Foster. And I'm talking out of my ass. 

but we do not need a roster full of superstar impact playzzzz makers like so many of the experts here insist.  

you are setting up a false choice between superstars and role players. It's a choice between role players and bums. Right now the Jets WR corp is Kerley, Hill and 13 bums. the TE corp is 4 bums. Could some of these bums become role players? It's possible but not likely. You are hoping. 

Yeah, I have it wrong. It's an offense designed to be loaded with stellar talent, and then limit that talents touches. LOL

No, it's a system designed to spread out the defense, and then distribute the ball to mismatches, which commonly makes role-players LOOK like major contributors, IF you have the QB to deliver the passes. 

I agree, it will all come back to the QB. Sanchez or whoever... but we do not need a roster full of superstar impact playzzzz makers like so many of the experts here insist. If we have a QB who can spread it out, to our role players, it will set up the run which is ultimately what a team built like ours wants. 

End of story, really.

I never said limit the talents touches APE but in the WC system you see a lot more short slants to WR's than you do deep outs .... just sayin.

Also you dont look for mismatches you create them with the system you run. You lure in the defense with the short game and thow well timed deep balls to keep them off balance.  The FB is one of the most important parts of a WC system along with the TE and we have a rookie and Jeff Cumberland . Certainly not Tom Rathman and Brent Jones. Talking about the WC I always go back to the prototype There was never a weak link on that team EVER every single position had either a surehanded or explosive player and when you can also say that about your FB well then you got something. The Jets are lucky if they have ONE player that meets those requirements. So if you think a bunch of nobodies are going to run the WC offense you are sadly mistaken

The only reason our receivers look so bad is Sanchez, plain and simple. Look at the Rams, all the sudden the same OC who we blamed for our offense is now leading a pretty good offense, why? QB. Look at Victor Cruz, and every other receiver the Giants strut out week after week other than Nicks. These guys are nobodies, but they are now considered good WR's because they have a QB who can actually throw it to them. Our WR's would be so much better than you guys perceive them with even an average QB. We have had one of the worst QB's of all time throwing to them (or so he says) WR's will be fine this year, Garrard/Smith will turn these guys into players.

The only reason our receivers look so bad is Sanchez, plain and simple. Look at the Rams, all the sudden the same OC who we blamed for our offense is now leading a pretty good offense, why? QB. Look at Victor Cruz, and every other receiver the Giants strut out week after week other than Nicks. These guys are nobodies, but they are now considered good WR's because they have a QB who can actually throw it to them. Our WR's would be so much better than you guys perceive them with even an average QB. We have had one of the worst QB's of all time throwing to them (or so he says) WR's will be fine this year, Garrard/Smith will turn these guys into players.

Which WR's are you referring to?

Randle was a second round pick. 

Could not agree more even if I had a magic potion that made you agree more.  REAL franchise QB's turn ordinary guys into playmakers.  sh*tty QB's turn playmakers into ordinary guys.  It starts and ends with the QB. 

Could not agree more even if I had a magic potion that made you agree more.  REAL franchise QB's turn ordinary guys into playmakers.  sh*tty QB's turn playmakers into ordinary guys.  It starts and ends with the QB. 

Yup yup. If Larry Fitz was not with Warner prior to the last few years nobody would consider him even a good receiver. 

Let's get one thing right.

Dustin Keller was an absolutely atrocious player.

I'm so glad he's gone. 

Funny, with Favre he was considered one of the great up and comming TE's in FB. After Sanchez destroyed him, he is a bum.

Archived