Jets to work out Josh Cribbs (per Schefter)

T0mShane

Part of the OL situation is people not realizing how good they were last year. PFF ranked them 3rd. I rank OL for a fantasy site and had them 5th. They were a very good OL, despite the lack of points. 

This year they are worse because they lost both starting guards and didn't upgrade. If they had drafted Chance Warmack fair enough. But instead they have Winters who never played guard and even though I am optimistic of his long term chances, it's asking alot for him to start right away.

The logic people use that Moore stinks cause he's still out there also applies to Winters going in rd 3. If he was truly ready to start week 1, wouldn't he go higher? 

the only reason Colon compares to Moore is cause people don't know about Colon. He's a penalty machine and when he's not getting flagged matthew mulligan style, he's hurt. Peterman is just awful, even worse than Vlad (and I know how bad Vlad is). 

In my rankings, the OL is at least 10 slots worse than last year. They went from being a top 5 line to a top 15 line.  

but this isn't an OL thread. This is a thread about a WR the Jets didn't make an offer. Cause he's got other offers. The Jets seem to want guys with no other offers, willing to play for the league minimum. I don't know how this is a winning strategy. 

Fair enough.  Time will tell.  The OL may be 10 slots worse this year.  Is that really that bad since they'll still be in the top half of the league and during a rebuilding year?

Winters doesn't have to start immediately.  I think there's a good chance he will, but even if it's not until game 5 or mid-season, he could very easily be a very solid, good starter for the Jets for the next 10 years.  Isn't that worth waiting for, especially if Milliner plays up to the level that's expected of him?

I agree that Peterman sucks, know that Colon has a penalty and injury history, and that Vlad is questionable at best.  Still, this is a rebuilding year.  The team is going to struggle whether Sanchez starts, Garrard starts or Smith starts.  They're probably going to suffer from some rookie mistakes from Winters when he starts and mistakes by Peterman, Vlad and/or Colon too.  As I see it, the big difference is that I'd rather see mistakes from a rookie who's learning and developing than I would an older player who's supposed to know better.  At any rate, there will be growing pains for the franchise as they seek to over come the mess that Tanny left behind.  I'd rather get as much of that pain out of the way this season, than have it spread out over the next 4-5  or even 20.

If they stink badly this year, then don't get any better next year with plenty of cap space and high draft position, then we can all return to familiar Jets territory...calling for a new GM, HC and owner.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we just proved Hawkins is better Clyde Gates. Cause he has been to the endzone more than zero times. 

Actually he's not, lol.  He's been in the league 6 years and has 1 TD.  Gates as been in the league for 2.  This is funny.

We don't know that this is the right way. We hope it's the right way.  there are 31 losers every season and there's more than one way to end up in that spot. The fact that the Jets don't even seem to be trying is different but no one can be sure if it's better or worse. 

True dat, but at least it's not the typical insane Jets approach of continuing to do things the same way year in and year out and expecting different results.

You're sounding more and more like I was in December and January.  Maybe you should take a break from the Jets for a month or so.  It helped me come back with a more even, balanced approach.  There are still things that I'm not happy with, but at least I can see some positives and both sides of things now.

Just because they don't go all in to win every single game this year doesn't mean that they're tanking or trying to tank.  Think of the old win the battle, lose the war analogy.  Idzik is thinking long term, not just short term.  He's not seeking to make splashy moves like Tanny.  He's trying to make solid moves that will lay the foundation for a franchise that is competitive long term and becomes one of the top franchises, one that respected rather than laughed at, and maybe even feared.  There's more than one way to get things done.

Please explain how bringing in several hold the fort types for this season only who may or may NOT help the team win 2-3 more games this season is really helping the team when it may hold back the development of some of the younger players on the team, when it may prevent the Jets from getting the info they need about the players they currently have to help them with their plans for next year's draft, and if they do win those 2-3 extra games, may cause them to miss out on a player or two that could make a huge difference for this team.

How many years have the Jets needed a stud pass rusher and never gotten the opportunity to get one in the draft?  How many years have they needed a franchise QB?  How would you feel next year this time if the Jets did sign several of the JAGS you want, they wind up winning 7 games instead of 4 or 5, and as a result wind up missing out on all of the top QB prospects and Clowney next season?  

Please explain how 7-9 is so much better than 5-11 or 4-12.  I'd rather the Jets go ahead, bite the bullet and endure the pain this season, learn all they can about the young players they currently have, see who can help the team going forward, get them all the experience they can, speed up their development, then be in position to get the pass rusher, and offensive playmaking talent that they need in next year's draft and then be set for a big leap forward in 2014, and then be a real contender in 2015 than an imaginary contender in 2013 and going forward.  IMO, that's not "tanking" and it's not being stupid, it's being smart.  It's setting the team up for success, it's developing young players (something the Jets have fairly been criticized for for years), and if it also helps improve the draft position, then so much the better.  The key is that they're not taking the approach they are in order to get better draft position.  Until he says or proves otherwise, I believe that Idzik is taking this approach so as to better assess who can help them going forward and how can't, so he'll have a better handle on what the team's needs are, and maybe even to see how good a job that Rex & Co. do at developing that talent.  Maybe he's leery about getting the talent we need and handing it over to a CS that can't develop and properly utilize that talent.    

But hey, I could be wrong.  He's supposedly a deliberate, conservative, cautious man.  He's a first time GM.  Maybe he's trying to be the anti-Tanny and trying to be more cautious.  If so, that's understandable and he deserves some time to grow into the job.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  It's still very early in the offseason.  As someone else pointed out June 1 cuts are still to come.  The team hasn't had its rookie mini-camp yet, any of its other mini-camps,  OTAs or TC.  A lot can and probably will happen during the next 4 months.  There will be plenty of time to panic and get upset later. ;-)

I appreciate the advice and the fact that you aren't insulting me in an attempt to win an argument. I hope Idzik proves me wrong and that Ryan Spadola is the next Jerry Rice. I really hope that happens.  

But it's not all about developing youth.  Peterman and Colon aren't young. They are just cheap (and they both might start). Dewan Landry isn't young, he's just cheaper than his brother. Antonio garay isn't young, he's just cheaper than Devito. 

Those are the moves that annoy me. The roster filler moves. I love the youth movement and I hope it's very successful. But I also hope that 2013 is better than 2012. 

Actually he's not, lol.  He's been in the league 6 years and has 1 TD.  Gates as been in the league for 2.  This is funny.

if Gates is in the league for 20 years, he's on pace for 0 career touchdowns. Math! 

But it's not all about developing youth.  Peterman and Colon aren't young. They are just cheap (and they both might start). Dewan Landry isn't young, he's just cheaper than his brother. Antonio garay isn't young, he's just cheaper than Devito. 

Those are the moves that annoy me. The roster filler moves. I love the youth movement and I hope it's very successful. But I also hope that 2013 is better than 2012. 

You can't replace ALL the positions on the field with rookies.  You only get 7 picks a year.  Next year we'll have 12 picks, and guys like Garay, Landry, and Peterman will probably be gone.  Rome....day.

Not to mention, the $50 million cap room we'll have everyone keeps mentioning.  If we're not making at least a couple big splashes in free agency next season, I'll be right there with you complaining away.  But your complaints this offseason are unfounded.  We were put in temporary cap hell, but had a good draft, and have spent wisely on some bargain-priced guys while the young players develop.

Your desire to have a better record next year while also getting younger is just a pipe dream.  How do you suggest one does that?  We should be shooting for 12-4 seasons down the road, not a series of 8-8 campaigns.

Even so, hell, if Geno is the next Russell Wilson, we WILL be better.  You just don't know.  That's the fun part.  A franchise QB can change everything for a franchise.  And it would be the kind of joy we've literally never had since Namath.

Terrible teams usually stay bad because they don't value the draft (Redskins), suck at drafting (Raiders), or a combination of both.  Terrible teams don't suddenly get good by making splashy free agent pickups.  They do it by making smart picks and filling in the rest of their rosters with role players.

Wins are good and losses are bad.  No one is arguing against that 1st grader talk.  But sacrificing your future to go 8-8 is ALWAYS a bad decision.  Always.  Trading your draft picks away to get flashy players or signing pricy free agents is ALWAYS a bad decision.  Its what got Tannenbaum fired.  What Idzik is doing is what has a long track record of success in the NFL.  So while we may not achieve the short-term success you're looking for, our future looks a helluva lot brighter than it did previously.

If this isn't good enough for you I don't know what to tell you.  You're the same guy who backed losers like Dewayne Robertson and Vernon Gholston for years, yet you can't see what smart drafting will do to benefit a franchise. 

You're infuriating to have any discourse with because your next response to this post will be something stupid like "I'll take 8-8 over 6-10 any day".  The NFL isn't that simple.

This.

if I'm reading this correctly, you are expecting the Jets to be a top 3 draft pick. this is improvement?

the idea that sometimes a team has to take a step backward to take a step forward is bull.

It's not that complicated. The Jets are either getting better or worse.

Dude, in 2007, the Ravens were 6-10. The next year, the get Flacco and Rice in the draft and hire John Harbaugh. they got worse to get better. In 2010, the 49ers were 6-10. The next year, they draft Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick and hire Jim Harbaugh. They got worse to get better.

The problem with your argument is that you think "better" is 8-8 every year. That's not better. That's purgatory.

Dude, in 2007, the Ravens were 6-10. The next year, the get Flacco and Rice in the draft and hire John Harbaugh. they got worse to get better. In 2010, the 49ers were 6-10. The next year, they draft Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick and hire Jim Harbaugh. They got worse to get better.

The problem with your argument is that you think "better" is 8-8 every year. That's not better. That's purgatory.

Fixing a bad franchise is like when you have a friend that's alcoholic.  Sure, you can go with some quick fixes to get him through the days.  Dump his beer down the fridge, get him to go the movies with you, etc.

But you know deep down that he has to bottom out before he can get any better.  Eventually he's gotta end up with his life in the gutter for him to get it; you just hope it doesn't kill him.  Then he finally sees the light, starts going to some AA meetings, maybe finds God, a good woman, whatever it takes.  And his life is wayyyyy better than he ever could have imagined.

That's what a succesful rebuild project looks like.  You go 4-12 or whatever, draft a stud QB or whatever to build around, make smart decisions, and bam, you're not just getting wild card berths, you're winning your conference. 

That's what Idzik is shooting for.  He's risking one "gutter" season to make things great longterm.  Whereas Bit would probably rather just try to get his drunk friend laid a few times.  Bad move man.

You can't replace ALL the positions on the field with rookies.  You only get 7 picks a year.  Next year we'll have 12 picks, and guys like Garay, Landry, and Peterman will probably be gone.  Rome....day.

Not to mention, the $50 million cap room we'll have everyone keeps mentioning.  If we're not making at least a couple big splashes in free agency next season, I'll be right there with you complaining away.  But your complaints this offseason are unfounded.  We were put in temporary cap hell, but had a good draft, and have spent wisely on some bargain-priced guys while the young players develop.

According to the experts the Jets are at 102.9 mil, including the rookies. 

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Jets&Year=2013

if i'm reading it right, they have about 9.8 mil in free space right now. 

http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013

My frustration is that they didn't actually have to replace everyone with rookies and vet min guys.

They could have re-signed Brandon Moore. Integrity seemed to think that was a good idea a week ago.

Or how about Laron Landry, the best safety any of us has seen in Jets uniform since Victor Green. 

The Jets could have signed these players but they didn't because of "the future."

It seems like the team is giving up on 2013 before it started. That's my problem. 

I appreciate the advice and the fact that you aren't insulting me in an attempt to win an argument. I hope Idzik proves me wrong and that Ryan Spadola is the next Jerry Rice. I really hope that happens.  

I know those vets you cited aren't young or all that good, but what was Idzik supposed to do?  He had a TON of holes to fill and no money to do it with.  He's done probably the best he could with the players that were available and who would fit the Jets' systems.  Yes those kinds of moves are annoying.

I get it that just because Idzik's moves look "right" doesn't mean that they are.  He could end up being just as bad as Tanny (or worse, just in a different way).  All we have is hope.  We know that Tanny wasn't the answer.  We have to hope that Idzik is.

Whether 2013 will be better than 2012 is up in the air, and imo has a lot more to do with if Rex has learned anything from his mistakes of the last 2 years, how good Mornhinweg is as an OC, and how good a job the Scouting Dept., Rexz and Idzik did with the draft.  I blame Rex for a lot of the problems in 2012.  He's still here.  If he continues to stick with Sanchez regardless of how awfully he plays, then it will be worse.  If he keeps a better handle on the team, develops the ability to be more of a disciplinarian and hold players accountable for their play and actions, then things should get better.  If he learns more about offense and makes the right decisions there, the team should be better.

More than anything, I think that 2013 hinges on Rex.  After that, the Jets' future hinges on Idzik.  If things are worse in 2013 and Idzik doesn't make the necessary changes (fire Rex among other things), then 2013 will be for nought, but if the team is worse, and as a result Rex is forced to learn and grow up or is fired and Idzik hires a real HC, then suffering through 2013 could very well be worth it.  We'll just have to see how everything plays out.

Sometimes you do, but you do it after you've seen that the young guys aren't ready.  The time to sign those stop gap guys is after the June 1 cuts and again during the "mini-draft".  Not right at mini-camps when you want to see what you've got and have a bunch of guys with potential.  The TE thread is the perfect spot to see this.  We have 2 interesting UDFAs, a project WR conversion that has been around long enough to show dividends, an athletic rugby player project that actually saw snaps and a young player that played in 15 games last year and showed (some) promise.  None of those guys is a slam dunk.  Quite possibly none of them is a quality player, but if you bring in some sh*tty Ben Hartsock you lose the opportunity to find out.  Ride out some camp and see where you need the bodies and spend a bit there.  Later.  It's not a race.  The season doesn't start for a long time.

That's a very good point and I completely agree.  The bottom line is this is the absolute perfect time to find out what these young guys are made of and replacing that with a signing that has no long-term dividends isn't going to help anyone.  You're right, if things really do look as bad as bit thinks they will in a couple of months from now, that absolutely changes everything, but you have to at least give them the chance to show what they've got.  There's no better time for the Jets to do that than now.

According to the experts the Jets are at 102.9 mil, including the rookies. 

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Jets&Year=2013

if i'm reading it right, they have about 9.8 mil in free space right now. 

http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013

My frustration is that they didn't actually have to replace everyone with rookies and vet min guys.

They could have re-signed Brandon Moore. Integrity seemed to think that was a good idea a week ago.

Or how about Laron Landry, the best safety any of us has seen in Jets uniform since Victor Green. 

The Jets could have signed these players but they didn't because of "the future."

It seems like the team is giving up on 2013 before it started. That's my problem. 

They can still re-sign Brandon Moore bro.  He's still an unsigned UFA.

Laron Landry was an injury risk waiting to happen and we would have had to overpay him.  Landry got 4-years, $24 million with $14 million guaranteed.  That would have taken up a ton of that $9.8 million you speak of.

Plus, as I've said, its only May.  There's still time to pick up a few little pieces here or there.

Looking it up the Ravens went 5-11 in 2007 and 11-5 in 2008. 

the Niners went 6-10 in 2010 and 13-3 in 2011. 

I have no problem with those paths. I really want the Jets to be 13-3 next year.

You guys seem to be saying the Jets will win 3 games next year and that's the right path to be on.

3 win teams hope to be 6 win teams the next year. 6 win teams should hope to be 9 win teams. not 3 win teams. 

the records are all right here:  

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/

Champions don't actually bottom all the way out. I hope 6 wins is the bottom for this team. 

Champions don't actually bottom all the way out. I hope 6 wins is the bottom for this team. 

So all of this is just your preference for 6 wins rather than 3?  8 PAGES of nonsense and that's your bottom line?  Both records don't get you into the playoffs, meaning the only difference is drafting later. 

If Josh Cribbs can win them 2-3 more games and they didn't sign him I'd be pissed.  

Why?  Do you really think that even if those 2-3 games meant the difference in the Jets making the playoffs and not making the playoffs that the Jets would have a snowball's chance in Hades of going anywhere in the playoffs?  IMO those 2-3 wins are fools gold.  They might make things a little more palatable in 2013, but could actually hurt the team in 2014 and going forward.

There aren't a lot of things that are mutually exclusive.  Focusing on short term vs long term don't have to be necessarily, but imo signing a guy like Cribbs over developing a younger player that could contribute for the next 5-7 years would make it mutually exclusive.  Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

That's a very good point and I completely agree.  The bottom line is this is the absolute perfect time to find out what these young guys are made of and replacing that with a signing that has no long-term dividends isn't going to help anyone.  You're right, if things really do look as bad as bit thinks they will in a couple of months from now, that absolutely changes everything, but you have to at least give them the chance to show what they've got.  There's no better time for the Jets to do that than now.

Yes, spot on, both Dominator and BG.

I have no problem with those paths. I really want the Jets to be 13-3 next year.

You guys seem to be saying the Jets will win 3 games next year and that's the right path to be on.

3 win teams hope to be 6 win teams the next year. 6 win teams should hope to be 9 win teams. not 3 win teams. 

I've actually seen an article or two with statistics to back them up that it's easier for 3 win teams to get to 13 wins from one season to the next than it is for a 9 win team to get to 13 wins the following season.  A lot of that has to do with draft position and getting the players your team needs.

Why?  Do you really think that even if those 2-3 games meant the difference in the Jets making the playoffs and not making the playoffs that the Jets would have a snowball's chance in Hades of going anywhere in the playoffs?  IMO those 2-3 wins are fools gold.  They might make things a little more palatable in 2013, but could actually hurt the team in 2014 and going forward.

There aren't a lot of things that are mutually exclusive.  Focusing on short term vs long term don't have to be necessarily, but imo signing a guy like Cribbs over developing a younger player that could contribute for the next 5-7 years would make it mutually exclusive.  Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

Yes.  I honestly believe that if this team is good enough for Josh Cribbs to get them in the playoffs they can do some damage.  I don't actually believe that Cribbs is up to it, but if he were I'd take those wins and roll the dice.  I don't think it will hurt the team going forward.  I agree with developing the younger players, but sign me up for the extra wins because, unlike some of you, I don't think this is a 3 win team that would be a 6 win team. 

Six wins is not the bottom for this team because of Mikey Checkbook, who ran his team the way you're advocating running a team--by spending every last dollar and hoping your average, highly paid talent lucks into a Super Bowl.

The Jets are about to use ~$4 mil to sign their rookies, leaving them with ~$5 mil in working capital, some of which will be used to sign guys who are crawling around the scrap heap right now. There is no path to acquiring a Super Bowl roster this year. Laron Landry, Brandon Moore, Braylon Edwards, Darrelle Revis--none of them change that fact. Brandon Moore hasn't even worked out for another team IIRC, and is probably toast with that hip injury.

So all of this is just your preference for 6 wins rather than 3?  8 PAGES of nonsense and that's your bottom line?  Both records don't get you into the playoffs, meaning the only difference is drafting later. 

no 9 wins instead of 3. I want the team to get better next year. I don't know why this is such an alarming statement. You guys seem to believe that the way to get really good is to get really bad first. the Pro Football reference is there, show me how that has happened before? The best i can recall is the Manning Colts or Aikman Cowboys. Most teams don't bottom out and then win titles. They just stay bottomed out. 

Six wins is not the bottom for this team because of Mikey Checkbook, who ran his team the way you're advocating running a team--by spending every last dollar and hoping your average, highly paid talent lucks into a Super Bowl.

The Jets are about to use ~$4 mil to sign their rookies, leaving them with ~$5 mil in working capital, some of which will be used to sign guys who are crawling around the scrap heap right now. There is no path to acquiring a Super Bowl roster this year. Laron Landry, Brandon Moore, Braylon Edwards, Darrelle Revis--none of them change that fact. Brandon Moore hasn't even worked out for another team IIRC, and is probably toast with that hip injury.

Brandon Moore worked out with the Bills and turned them down (not enough money). I know that the Moore ship has sailed they wouldn't have used 3 draft picks and signed 2 vets if they were gonna bring him back. It's just a stretch to say that the team is better without him. 

as for the cap room maybe i'm reading it wrong but they have 9-10 mil in space even with the rookies. they are above the cap floor and yes will probably bring in some scrap heap guys (maybe at tight end?) but it doesn't seem like a winning strategy. 

I've actually seen an article or two with statistics to back them up that it's easier for 3 win teams to get to 13 wins from one season to the next than it is for a 9 win team to get to 13 wins the following season.  A lot of that has to do with draft position and getting the players your team needs.

I would love to read those articles. 

no 9 wins instead of 3. I want the team to get better next year. I don't know why this is such an alarming statement. You guys seem to believe that the way to get really good is to get really bad first. the Pro Football reference is there, show me how that has happened before? The best i can recall is the Manning Colts or Aikman Cowboys. Most teams don't bottom out and then win titles. They just stay bottomed out. 

Huh?  Where are you coming up with this nonsense.

The 49'ers were bottome dwellers for years.  The Seahawks and Redskins had their first winning season in 6 years.   Falcons were horrible for years before Ryan. Colts won 1 game in 2011, the Vikings won 3.  The Broncos and Bengals won 4 games in 2010, the Texans won 6. Tom already pointed out the Ravens 6 win year.  The Packers sacrificed a year only won 6 and have benefited since. 

Thats every team that made the playoffs besides the Pats who the Jets created and have skull ****ed us ever since.  Talk about repaying someone for a good gesture.

I say 'the Jets aren't as good' 

you guys say 'but they don't have to be good, they have to be bad, so they can be good again' 

and i'm the crazy one in the thread. 

The Ravens were in the playoffs the last 5 years straight before winning their ring. Teams do go from bad to good but not "really bad" like picking top 3 in the draft and then profit. Yes it does happen like Luck or Peyton. 

But the traditional path to success is being good every year. Easier said than done, to be sure.

I don't like how hated "mediocre" is and and how average is worse than bad. Average is better than bad. Why is this such a crazy argument? More wins are better than less wins.  8-8 is better outcome than 4-12 no matter what you think the draft can give you. It's about a culture of winning and momentum.

Thats every team that made the playoffs besides the Pats who the Jets created and have skull ****ed us ever since.  Talk about repaying someone for a good gesture.

speaking of the Pats  maybe Idzik's strategy is to just suck until Brady retires.  look at the Pats reference, it seems like they haven't had a season with less than 9 wins in forever.

The good teams win every year because they have great QB play. Not because they may or may not spend every year to get incrementally better.

It's also so much more valuable to go 4-12 and miss the playoffs than be 8-8 and miss the playoffs. This guy covers the draft and can't comprehend the inherent value each draft pick has? Jesus. Especially with a new rookie cap where the financial ramifications are much less for having the top 5-10 picks.

How much better were the redskins and colts last year? Could they have gotten there by being 8-8 going into the 2012 draft?

I say 'the Jets aren't as good' 

you guys say 'but they don't have to be good, they have to be bad, so they can be good again' 

and i'm the crazy one in the thread. 

The Ravens were in the playoffs the last 5 years straight before winning their ring. Teams do go from bad to good but not "really bad" like picking top 3 in the draft and then profit. Yes it does happen like Luck or Peyton. 

But the traditional path to success is being good every year. Easier said than done, to be sure.

I don't like how hated "mediocre" is and and how average is worse than bad. Average is better than bad. Why is this such a crazy argument? More wins are better than less wins.  8-8 is better outcome than 4-12 no matter what you think the draft can give you. It's about a culture of winning and momentum.

speaking of the Pats  maybe Idzik's strategy is to just suck until Brady retires.  look at the Pats reference, it seems like they haven't had a season with less than 9 wins in forever.

I havent really been paying attention to the thread, but I'm pretty sure nobody is arguing more wins is worse than less wins, unless it was for draft position, which you should understand.  And I havent seen anyone say you have to get bad before you get good.  I just saw your comment and wanted to point out how absolutely ridiculously false it was.  And I did so by providing every team in the playoffs as evidence.

So you want to take the Ravens out of the equation, fine.  Take the Pats out too, cool.  Take the Packers out as well if you want, dandy.  Thats still leaves every other team in the playoffs who got bad before they got good.

My take, you're making a big deal out of nothing.  The Jets could very well be better than last year and have more losses.  The Jets could very well suck more than last year have more wins.  So who gives a ****?  They aint winning the SB no matter who they signed this offseason.  Idzik is building his team, often times it means you take a step back to take a step forward.  Get over it.  <3 

The good teams win every year because they have great QB play. Not because they may or may not spend every year to get incrementally better.

It's also so much more valuable to go 4-12 and miss the playoffs than be 8-8 and miss the playoffs. This guy covers the draft and can't comprehend the inherent value each draft pick has? Jesus. Especially with a new rookie cap where the financial ramifications are much less for having the top 5-10 picks.

How much better were the redskins and colts last year? Could they have gotten there by being 8-8 going into the 2012 draft?

Need a great QB to win in a QB driven league huh?  DAMN!!  You ARE the Jets Voice of Reason.

Make sure to tell the little lady Happy Birthday from all of us.

My take, you're making a big deal out of nothing.  The Jets could very well be better than last year and have more losses.  The Jets could very well suck more than last year have more wins.  So who gives a ****?  They aint winning the SB no matter who they signed this offseason.  Idzik is building his team, often times it means you take a step back to take a step forward.  Get over it.  <3 

"Step back to take a step forward" isn't real. Let's all stop saying that. 

the line is two steps forward and one step back. 

You guys have the order backwards and the recipe off by half. 

no one takes a step back as move number one.  I expect the Jets to win in 2013. not 2019. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_steps_forward_one_step_back

"Step back to take a step forward" isn't real. Let's all stop saying that. 

the line is two steps forward and one step back. 

You guys have the order backwards and the recipe off by half. 

no one takes a step back as move number one.  I expect the Jets to win in 2013. not 2019. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_steps_forward_one_step_back

Why are you so convinced the Jets won't be a winning team this year?  Because a couple bubbleheads on this site say so? 

If it's any consolation I fully expect them to contend for a wildcard spot.

Archived