FED UP!!!!

whodeawhodat

The Ravens sure have suffered since the loss of Rex Ryan. Look at how miserable they have been I am sure they will be begging him to come back once he is on the street

Hey I'm not going to say Rex Ryan > Harbaugh.  And I'm not going to deny the Ravens are a very strong organization.  But Neither of those statements mean Rex Ryan isn't a good coach.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I'm not going to say Rex Ryan > Harbaugh.  And I'm not going to deny the Ravens are a very strong organization.  But Neither of those statements mean Rex Ryan isn't a good coach.

The Ravens are a strong organization who make sound decisions, and passed on Rex Ryan being their head coach, when they had him in their organization already.

The Ravens are a strong organization who make sound decisions, and passed on Rex Ryan being their head coach, when they had him in their organization already.

Because they found a better HC and Rex had HC aspirations.  I see no problem with that.  You won't find me arguing that Rex is the best HC in the league, just a very good one. 

Because they found a better HC and Rex had HC aspirations.  I see no problem with that.  You won't find me arguing that Rex is the best HC in the league, just a very good one. 

He is a one trick pony, and that pony is a beaten mule at this time. That very good coach that you speak of will be unemployed after 16 regular season games in 2013

Question: Does having an elite QB make a HC's job easier?

Question: Was Rex handed the fifth overall pick to use on a quarterback?

Question: Do coaches get extra credit when their fifth overall pick at quarterback doesn't develop?

Question: If you surround that fifth overall pick with players so cancerous that they were exiled from their former teams, does that help or hurt that quarterback?

Even you can't deny the NFL is much different than it was in 2002.

Because.........huh?

And guess who was an integral piece of that 2000 Ravens team that won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer? Rex Ryan.

He was the integral defensive line coach.

Because.........huh?

He was the integral defensive line coach.

Game managers were acceptable in 2002.  With how the game has shifted, you can't win with a "C" QB (your words) anymore, much less a D or F QB.

As for the 2nd point, do DL coaches not get Super Bowl rings? 

Game managers were acceptable in 2002. With how the game has shifted, you can't win with a "C" QB (your words) anymore, much less a D or F QB.

As for the 2nd point, do DL coaches not get Super Bowl rings?

Joe Flacco and Eli Manning are B/B+ quarterbacks.

Question: Was Rex handed the fifth overall pick to use on a quarterback?

Question: Do coaches get extra credit when their fifth overall pick at quarterback doesn't develop?

Question: If you surround that fifth overall pick with players so cancerous that they were exiled from their former teams, does that help or hurt that quarterback?

So, you're answer was yes which made your comment stupid.

And now Rex Ryan is the reason why Mark Sanchez sucks, huh?  Okay, Smash. 

So, you're answer was yes which made your comment stupid.

And now Rex Ryan is the reason why Mark Sanchez sucks, huh? Okay, Smash.

No, I think great quarterbacks appear out of thin air when fairy dust is sprinkled on Kryptonian orphans who show up ready-made to dominate the NFL without coaching, development, support, or environment. In that way, Andrew Luck is much like that seaweed that grows only in the highly acidic waters surrounding sub-aquatic volcanoes.

No, I think great quarterbacks appear out of thin air when fairy dust is sprinkled on Kryptonian orphans who show up ready-made to dominate the NFL without coaching, development, support, or environment. In that way, Andrew Luck is much like that seaweed that grows only in the highly acidic waters surrounding sub-aquatic volcanoes.

Gotcha.  So Chuck Pagano is the reason why Andrew Luck is so good and if Andrew Luck came to Rex Ryan he'd be the biggest bust in NFL history. 

Gotcha. So Chuck Pagano is the reason why Andrew Luck is so good and if Andrew Luck came to Rex Ryan he'd be the biggest bust in NFL history.

I'm saying that Rex got his shot with the fifth overall pick at QB and failed.

I'm saying that Rex got his shot with the fifth overall pick at QB and failed.

Yep.  He sure did.  All his fault Sanchez failed too.

On the reals, it was either that or Clemens.  So at least he tried to get some thing the franchise hadnt had in 40 years.  And it didnt really cost much and in retrospect the only players they missed that sting a little are Percy Harvin and Clay Matthews (maybe Cushing or Nicks).

"The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree"

When the Jets hired Rex Ryan to be their new head coach I shook my head.  I'm still bitter with how Rex's father Buddy left the Cardinals in complete disarray back in the mid 90s and I had a feeling Rex wouldn't be much different. 

Read this old article and see how much Rex is like Buddy:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1994-09-15/news/buddy-ryan-leads-the-cardinals-jugger-not/full/

The Ryan family is bad news.  I'm shocked that Rex still has a job.  I know this isn't what Jets fans want to here but it is just an honest opinion from outside of Jets camp.

When the Jets hired Rex Ryan to be their new head coach I shook my head. I'm still bitter with how Rex's father Buddy left the Cardinals in complete disarray back in the mid 90s and I had a feeling Rex wouldn't be much different.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1994-09-15/news/buddy-ryan-leads-the-cardinals-jugger-not/full/

The Ryan family is bad news. I'm shocked that Rex still has a job. I know this isn't what Jets fans want to here but it is just an honest opinion from outside of Jets camp.

I love this guy.

When the Jets hired Rex Ryan to be their new head coach I shook my head.  I'm still bitter with how Rex's father Buddy left the Cardinals in complete disarray back in the mid 90s and I had a feeling Rex wouldn't be much different. 

The Ryan family is bad news.  I'm shocked that Rex still has a job.  I know this isn't what Jets fans want to here but it is just an honest opinion from outside of Jets camp.

Buddy had one of the greatest defenses in Philly and could never win a playoff game.  And his offense was all about let Cunningham do a couple of things, but who cares.  We saw Cunningham put up some big numbers in Minnesota.    The dumbest line Buddy ever said was about Chris Carter. "He only catches Touchdowns" or something like that.  Buddy was a defensive genius.  But he was an arrogant prick too. And his offenses always sucked cause he never gave a damn about the offense.

Rex is his own person, but he has a lot of that same personality.  Bravado.  His first season as a HC made him even more brash.   And he loves defense and knows how to coach it.  But he sucks in finding offensive talent. He sucks at times when it comes to making offensive adjustments during a game.   And it seems he's not all that talented in bringing in the right OC.

Rex Ryan is probably the best coach we have ever had in our history, EVER. 

What does that say exactly?  The Jets have one sorry history when it comes to HCs, GMs and owners.

For the record, Weeb Ewbank was the best, Parcells was 2nd best, and if he could have stayed sober, Walt Michaels was third best.

Rex is the best DC we've ever had, and that is saying something because Buddy Ryan, Bud Carson and Pete Carroll were all excellent DCs for the Jets.  Rex is lacking as a HC.  It's his skill with the defense that saves him and the team.

Yep. He sure did. All his fault Sanchez failed too.

On the reals, it was either that or Clemens. So at least he tried to get some thing the franchise hadnt had in 40 years. And it didnt really cost much and in retrospect the only players they missed that sting a little are Percy Harvin and Clay Matthews (maybe Cushing or Nicks).

That should be engraved on Rex's tombstone: "At least he tried."

You can look at the fact that the Jets have not extended the lame duck coach who is supposedly so great. No time machine needed-just common sense.

I guess you and I are the only ones that can see through the smoke and mirrors with this guy.

You can look at the fact that the Jets have not extended the lame duck coach who is supposedly so great. No time machine needed-just common sense.

Yeah, except that he's not a lame duck coach.

Rex has two years remaining on his current deal. It would be foolish for the Jets to extend him now. They just hired a new GM. That GM has all year to evaluate Rex, and if he likes him, he has him under contract for another year and can negotiate an extension after the season. If he doesn't like him, he'll be let go.

Rex Ryan's contract situation says nothing about what the Jets think about him.

Of all the bullsh*t in this thread, blaming Rex for the "He only catches touchdowns" line is the lamest.  1. It was Buddy, not Rex.  2.  He cut Cris Carter because of off the field problems (drug/alcohol use) and didn't want to get the guy blackballed.  I'm pretty sure that Carter has actually thanked him.  

Yeah, except that he's not a lame duck coach.

Rex has two years remaining on his current deal. It would be foolish for the Jets to extend him now. They just hired a new GM. That GM has all year to evaluate Rex, and if he likes him, he has him under contract for another year and can negotiate an extension after the season. If he doesn't like him, he'll be let go.

Rex Ryan's contract situation says nothing about what the Jets think about him.

Because heading into a full-on scorched-earth rebuild on a de facto one-year deal screams "confidence!"

Because heading into a full-on scorched-earth rebuild on a de facto one-year deal screams "confidence!"

What the hell does this even mean?  What is a "de facto one-year deal"?  His contract expires in 2014.  Scorched earth?  You really think they are going to go 2-14, don't you?

What the hell does this even mean? What is a "de facto one-year deal"? His contract expires in 2014. Scorched earth? You really think they are going to go 2-14, don't you?

At the end of this season he'll either be extended or fired. That's a one-year deal. He's not coaching 2014 on his current deal.

I think we're going 5-11 unless Geno Smith is Russell Wilson/Dan Marino

What full-on scorched-earth rebuild are you talking about? They traded Revis, and they're trying to replace Sanchez. Hardly earth-scorching moves. Rex is here either because Woody really likes him, or he's too cheap to buy out his contract. Meanwhile, Idzik has a job to do, too.

Tannenbaum sucked and Rex was in over his head dealing too much on the personnel side of things as a result. Now, Tannenbaum is gone, and Idzik is bringing in his own people to evaluate and acquire talent, leaving Rex to be judged solely on his ability to coach a football team. Which is the way it should be. Idzik may decide to simply bring in his own guy, anyway, but Rex's contract gives him flexibility in that regard. So Dierking's point doesn't fly. Neither does yours.

At the end of this season he'll either be extended or fired. That's a one-year deal. He's not coaching 2014 on his current deal.

Every coach in the NFL gets to the last year of their deal, and then is either extended or fired. What's the point? Your need to put an Albert Goldman spin on every little thing points to the weakness of your position.

I think we're going 5-11 unless Geno Smith is Russell Wilson/Dan Marino

Slats didn't say they gave him a vote of confidence. OTOH, he isn't on a one-year deal where they didn't extend him either.  As Slats said, the contract issue gives no insight into the future of Rex Ryan.  The only thing that it points out is that Idzik isn't tying his wagon to Rex by giving him a contract of the same length as the GM.  I'm glad.  That just proves that Idzik is not an idiot that does things too far in advance.

Archived