So where the heck do the Mets go from here?

Matt39

Is Alderson a goner?

The team is abysmal. Luckily no one is really noticing with the Knicks and Rangers being so relevant and the Jets always in the news. Baseball has fallen off dramatically in this town...but good god do the Mets stink.

I think they are doing the right thing, dumping big contracts and developing youth.  Santana's comes off the books next season.  They have a solid starting rotation, just no bullpen.  They have zero hitting but I like the emphasis on building through the farm.  They are a work in progress but I actually think they've got some up and coming talent.

Similar situations as the Jets really.  A new/er GM cleaning up the old GM's mess. 

I think they are doing the right thing, dumping big contracts and developing youth.  Santana's comes off the books next season.  They have a solid starting rotation, just no bullpen.  They have zero hitting but I like the emphasis on building through the farm.  They are a work in progress but I actually think they've got some up and coming talent.

Similar situations as the Jets really.  A new/er GM cleaning up the old GM's mess. 

Exactly.  Alderson tore things down at the ML level to focus on the farm system, a cleanup that was long overdue.  The best Mets teams in their history were the ones with great homegrown pitching.  They need to get back to that, and not spend on any more big-name free agents that cost them draft picks. 

Exactly.  Alderson tore things down at the ML level to focus on the farm system, a cleanup that was long overdue.  The best Mets teams in their history were the ones with great homegrown pitching.  They need to get back to that, and not spend on any more big-name free agents that cost them draft picks. 

You can get contributing MLB players on the FA market without spending big bucks. I don't know how you can defend what Alderson has done on the ML level other than bringing up Harvey...

You can get contributing MLB players on the FA market without spending big bucks. I don't know how you can defend what Alderson has done on the ML level other than bringing up Harvey...

I can't defend what he's done at the ML level but if the farm system is improved we'll see results in the next few years.  If not he's gone and they try again with someone else. 

I love how Francesa is trying to paint Ike Davis sucking as a big story. 

It's a story. Ike was a pretty good player last year and he's fallen off a cliff.

Davis stinks. He never been that good and the media talks as if he wa the next coming of Donnie Baseball.

Rink Ankiel? Come on

Problem will always be the Wilpons. They should be forced to sell, but not as long as Selig is in charge of MLB. If anyone ahs any doubt that Alderson is here to watch over the finances given the loans the Mets have outstanding to MLB, look no further than the mets' outfield,  You cannot point to the futre constanlly when you don't field competent MLB players spare Wright and Harvey.The Mets over 2 seasons have failed to resign an NL batting chmapion and dealt Cy Young winner for....what exactly? Darnaud, please. It was all simply to cut salary.

This. Cubs are doing the same thing right now, and doing it better IF I do say so myself. These two loser franchises might actually develop a rivalry next decade in the NL if things go well for both.

Should this really be a surprise to anyone though?

The Mets roster is awful.

they have the best starting pitcher in baseball not named Felix and they have the best 3rd basemen not named Miggy

it's not as bad as you think

Archived