Geno Smith calls Sanchez a pretty good player

Pac

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on what I've seen the past 2 years, we've had plenty of guys on this team that do know when to quit... so Geno should be considered a breath of fresh air.

I don't call what the defense did a few times towards the end of games this year quitting, I would call it resigning to the inevitability of Marks failure.

Cotchery is Sanchez's most egregious case because he had good success for the Jets for a long time under 4 different Jet QB's (Pennington, Clemens, Favre, Sanchez) as one of our most sure-handed receivers in franchise history.  By the time Sanchez was done with him Cotchery was a dropping machine.  Wonder why?

if your going to make points as to why Sanchez is bad at least make intelligent ones

if your going to make points as to why Sanchez is bad at least make intelligent ones

LOL the burden of proof is on the "Sanchez isn't bad" crowd.  It's easy to make the argument that Sanchez is bad.  Every statistical metric available suggests it.  It's only subjective arguments like "No weapons!!!!" that the pro-Sanchez crowd clings to. 

When advanced metrics like DVOA are brought up to prove those arguments to be invalid those same people say "math is for gays" and expect even more proof.  F*** it, if you can't watch Sanchez play, look at the numbers, and determine that he is awful without making excuses for him, then I'm not the one who lacks intelligence. 

LOL the burden of proof is on the "Sanchez isn't bad" crowd.  It's easy to make the argument that Sanchez is bad.  Every statistical metric available suggests it.  It's only subjective arguments like "No weapons!!!!" that the pro-Sanchez crowd clings to. 

When advanced metrics like DVOA are brought up to prove those arguments to be invalid those same people say "math is for gays" and expect even more proof.  F*** it, if you can't watch Sanchez play, look at the numbers, and determine that he is awful without making excuses for him, then I'm not the one who lacks intelligence. 

I think we've gotten long past the need to cite statistics and point to various numbers.  At this point, no response is really needed to prove Sanchez sucks beyond "just watch him play!"

80 owns Smash.

41871-woman-headbutting-man-gif-yogu-9P8

I've given up trying to use any empirical evidence to try to show how terrible he is, i've since gone to a more simplistic "eye" approach: "if every time he drops back to pass it and your balls are in your stomach, he's not a good quarterback."

I've given up trying to use any empirical evidence to try to show how terrible he is, i've since gone to a more simplistic "eye" approach: "if every time he drops back to pass it and your balls are in your stomach, he's not a good quarterback."

Ah, the undeniable feeling of being a Jets fan on game day. We all know it, even the women. LOL

I still do not believe we can have Mark and Geno Smith in the same lockerrroom to co exist.

Got to disagree with you, and I'm not a Sanchez fan at all.  Problem is I'm not a Geno fan either.  (Groan)

In spite of all his flaws, Sanchez has never been a locker room cancer kind of guy.  Don't see why his competing in camp will hurt anything.

If he plays as bad as he did last year, Geno wins hands down.  If Sanchez comes in and plays well, Geno gets competition, and has to win the job.  It will be a good gage of his talent and temperament to see if the Jets still need a QB next season.

If the Jets cut Sanchez now, and  just hand the job to Smith, with out competition, they will be making the exact same mistake they did with Sanchez.  probably with the same results.

Let them compete.  There is no down side to it.

Got to disagree with you, and I'm not a Sanchez fan at all.  Problem is I'm not a Geno fan either.  (Groan)

In spite of all his flaws, Sanchez has never been a locker room cancer kind of guy.  Don't see why his competing in camp will hurt anything.

If he plays as bad as he did last year, Geno wins hands down.  If Sanchez comes in and plays well, Geno gets competition, and has to win the job.  It will be a good gage of his talent and temperament to see if the Jets still need a QB next season.

If the Jets cut Sanchez now, and  just hand the job to Smith, with out competition, they will be making the exact same mistake they did with Sanchez.  probably with the same results.

Let them compete.  There is no down side to it.

Garrard is here too.  Can't forget that.  If he's healthy he's a far better guy for Geno to have to compete against for the starting job, and it renders Sanchez completely useless.

80 owns Smash.

41871-woman-headbutting-man-gif-yogu-9P8

I think we've gotten long past the need to cite statistics and point to various numbers.  At this point, no response is really needed to prove Sanchez sucks beyond "just watch him play!"

Im glad all of you guys have made the point clear that Sanchez sucks. Problem is I was not refering to Sanchez being good nor was I saying that you guys dont make a good case over all. I refering to one POST by Jetsfan80 claiming now Cotchery Drops the ball because Sanchez was throwing it to him. Thats a stupid arguement and thats what I was refering to and its pretty obvious. But In comes the Ape claiming ownage on something he didnt even bother to read or was simply not able to comphrehend. Im guessing he half ass read what I was refering too as did the others in this thread. As for 80 you know exactly what I was talking about but you went off on your little tirade anyhow. Nice job. 

Sanchez still sucks but I feel he can be a good QB and grow in the right system with good players, something he has not had since becoming a Jet not by a longshot. Now I'll say it again for those of you who have comprehension Issues.....  I think Sanchez sucks. right now, this very moment, but I do believe he has the possibility to improve and actully become a good QB in this league if he gets some good players around him.

Im glad all of you guys have made the point clear that Sanchez sucks. Problem is I was not refering to Sanchez being good nor was I saying that you guys dont make a good case over all. I refering to one POST by Jetsfan80 claiming now Cotchery Drops the ball because Sanchez was throwing it to him. Thats a stupid arguement and thats what I was refering to and its pretty obvious. But In comes the Ape claiming ownage on something he didnt even bother to read or was simply not able to comphrehend. Im guessing he half ass read what I was refering too as did the others in this thread. As for 80 you know exactly what I was talking about but you went off on your little tirade anyhow. Nice job. 

Sanchez still sucks but I feel he can be a good QB and grow in the right system with good players, something he has not had since becoming a Jet not by a longshot. Now I'll say it again for those of you who have comprehension Issues.....  I think Sanchez sucks. right now, this very moment, but I do believe he has the possibility to improve and actully become a good QB in this league if he gets some good players around him.

Nope, he still doesn't get it.

Nope, he still doesn't get it.

Well get ready for Geno to sh*t the bed as well if we dont get him a TE, non practice Squad WR's and a RB who can catch out of the backfield One thing Jets QB's do have going for them now is Shotty and Sparano are gone 

Once again reading comprehension is your friend.

If you think Sanchez sucks, then why bother even saying all this other drivel?

Why would a team bother installing the "right system" to get the best of a QB who sucks, rather than just try to find a QB that doesn't suck?

Why scout and draft and build a team with the underlying need of getting the "right players" to augment a QB who sucks, rather than just getting the best possible players... INCLUDING at QB?

Once again, I'm completely in awe of just how illogical you can be.

Garrard is here too.  Can't forget that.  If he's healthy he's a far better guy for Geno to have to compete against for the starting job, and it renders Sanchez completely useless.

I actually think it is possible Garrard can win the job over both of them, am very glad he's on the team.  You just can't trust the season to the fact that Garrard will stay healthy

Well get ready for Geno to sh*t the bed as well if we dont get him a TE, non practice Squad WR's and a RB who can catch out of the backfield One thing Jets QB's do have going for them now is Shotty and Sparano are gone 

Wrong.

The players around the QB don't make him suck. Either he sucks or he does not.

When you have a QB that sucks, you don't draft a TE to help hide him, you draft a new QB. Period.

Sanchez may be the worst NFL player I have  ever seen at any position ever. This guy is a career killer. Schottenheimer was considered a great young mind, was always talked about as a HC in the NFL. In comes Sanchez, 5 year setback at least. Sparano, HC, Sanchez, now I think he cleans toilets for some NFL team. WR's, good before Sanchez, destroyed after. I just pray that we get rid of Sanchez before he completely ruins Rex. Rex is the best coach this franchise has ever had, lets get rid of Sanchez before Rex goes too.

Lol step off the soap box and stop being so defensive.  I was using 80's post as a jumping off point to express how I feel every single game-day when that f*cker throws the ball, which has been going on for years now. I've simply never felt comfortable with him throwing it.  That was not directed specifically towards you, but if you felt you fell under the group of people I was describing, so be it, but it wasn't innately about you. 

If Geno fails it'll be because he sucks and if he succeeds it'll be because he's the goods.  That's what it comes down to for QB's in this league.  There's only a little room for gray area.  The guys who have been at the top have consistently been at the top no matter what personnel has been placed around them.  The guys who suck have pretty consistently sucked and are either out of the league or are carrying clipboards.  Some guys in the middle (Alex Smith, Carson Palmer) have had some varied success, but no one is going to argue they'd ever be elite with different circumstances.  They're average.

Sanchez sucked even when he had some decent receivers, a HOF RB, and a good offensive line.  Even if he had 3 Megatrons and 5 Joe Thomas's, he'd still suck.  Doesn't get more obvious than that.  Once you get that through your skull come back to me.

If Geno fails it'll be because he sucks and if he succeeds it'll be because he's the goods.  That's what it comes down to for QB's in this league.  There's only a little room for gray area.  The guys who have been at the top have consistently been at the top no matter what personnel has been placed around them.  The guys who suck have pretty consistently sucked and are either out of the league or are carrying clipboards.  Some guys in the middle (Alex Smith, Carson Palmer) have had some varied success, but no one is going to argue they'd ever be elite with different circumstances.  They're average.

Sanchez sucked even when he had some decent receivers, a HOF RB, and a good offensive line.  Even if he had 3 Megatrons and 5 Joe Thomas's, he'd still suck.  Doesn't get more obvious than that.  Once you get that through your skull come back to me.

This. You'll know about Geno as soon as he goes  and plays a few games no matter who the talent around him is. 

Sanchez may be the worst NFL player I have  ever seen at any position ever. This guy is a career killer. Schottenheimer was considered a great young mind, was always talked about as a HC in the NFL. In comes Sanchez, 5 year setback at least. Sparano, HC, Sanchez, now I think he cleans toilets for some NFL team. WR's, good before Sanchez, destroyed after. I just pray that we get rid of Sanchez before he completely ruins Rex. Rex is the best coach this franchise has ever had, lets get rid of Sanchez before Rex goes too.

POTW!!!

While he had a horrific year lets not forget the Jason Hill, Mardy Gillyard, and Konrad Reuland factor... 

Did he play well?  No. 

Could any QB have had success with guys plucked off their couches and thrust into games within a couple days?  I don't think so.

in the end, what did sanchez in was mental.  I remember phil simms saying he had great footwork.  that didn't last long.  he soon developed happy feet and was never a good decision maker.

now mentally he's toast

not good for a QB

If you think Sanchez sucks, then why bother even saying all this other drivel?

Why would a team bother installing the "right system" to get the best of a QB who sucks, rather than just try to find a QB that doesn't suck?

Why scout and draft and build a team with the underlying need of getting the "right players" to augment a QB who sucks, rather than just getting the best possible players... INCLUDING at QB?

Once again, I'm completely in awe of just how illogical you can be.

And Im completely in AWE of how little you know about football. One of the greatest offenses of all time built around their QB's strengths and designed the offense for him. 1. By realizing he did npot have a big arm and 2 by surrounding him with all world talent . THATS the way you treat a so called franchise QB. Thats why I bother APE because whether or not Sanchez can turn it around (doubtful at this stage) the fact still remains hes playing with crap .... hes not tom Brady or Peyton Manning and he never will be nor will 90 % of the other QB's in the NFL so the teams that have half a brain surround their QB's with talent through the draft the Jets do not.

Lol step off the soap box and stop being so defensive.  I was using 80's post as a jumping off point to express how I feel every single game-day when that f*cker throws the ball, which has been going on for years now. I've simply never felt comfortable with him throwing it.  That was not directed specifically towards you, but if you felt you fell under the group of people I was describing, so be it, but it wasn't innately about you. 

All's cool broadway ... probably should not have even put you in the post but no matter whats said 80 will spin it towards Sanchez hatred and in the same breath totally misunderstand what Im trying to do.

And Im completely in AWE of how little you know about football. One of the greatest offenses of all time built around their QB's strengths and designed the offense for him. 1. By realizing he did npot have a big arm and 2 by surrounding him with all world talent . THATS the way you treat a so called franchise QB. Thats why I bother APE because whether or not Sanchez can turn it around (doubtful at this stage) the fact still remains hes playing with crap .... hes not tom Brady or Peyton Manning and he never will be nor will 90 % of the other QB's in the NFL so the teams that have half a brain surround their QB's with talent through the draft the Jets do not.

It's really not even a matter of knowing anything about football... time and again on JN I watch people drop the "you don't know anything about football" pouting defense, as they fall on their face in an argument.

The only reason "building the team around a QBs strengths" ever works is because the QBs that get built around have more strengths than weaknesses. You yourself said that Sanchez sucks, so where is the logic in insisting we should have built around him? There is no logic to your argument whatsoever, you are making huge leaps in the comparisons you are making to what other teams have built successfully, because those teams had good QBs.

What you build around a QB doesn't suddenly make him capable. If a QB sucks, he sucks. Period. You can put Larry Fitzegerald on one side of the field, Anquan Boldin on the other and give him a great running game with a savvy veteran Edgerrin James, and a great O-line, and if the QB sucks... Matt Leinart... he sucks. If you have the same "build" in place and put in a good QB... Kurt Warner.... you get a different result.

The "build" doesn't make the QB.

You can't say Sanchez sucks and then argue that we should build the offense around him. It's backwards logic. The first step in "building" a good offense is finding the right QB. Not drafting a TE and offering up a assload of hyperbole about "ZE WEAPONZZZ".

It begins and ends with the QB.

The fact this is lost on you, and you have the audacity to question anyone's football knowledge is laughable.

your argument is that good teams try to srround their qb with talent?

im gonna go out on a limb here and say every team tries that

All's cool broadway ... probably should not have even put you in the post but no matter whats said 80 will spin it towards Sanchez hatred and in the same breath totally misunderstand what Im trying to do.

We get it.  You're trying to argue that the personnel we have will not do for ANY quarterback we bring in, which is simply not true.  There are QB's who have walked into much worse situations than ours and had immediate success.  You're completely overrating the value of "weapons" to a QB's success.  

We get it.  You're trying to argue that the personnel we have will not do for ANY quarterback we bring in, which is simply not true.  There are QB's who have walked into much worse situations than ours and had immediate success.  You're completely overrating the value of "weapons" to a QB's success.  

Weapons don't matter if you can't get the ball to them. Weapons don't matter if you put the ball on the ground or throw it to the other team. Weapons don't matter if you stare down one target all game long. Weapons don't matter if your QB sucks.

The goal of all teams is to have a great QB and surround him with talent.

Tannebaum failed at this.

You can't rebuild an entire team in one draft. 

Idzik understands that the foundation of any "build" is the QB. He has brought 5 into camps because that is THE most important step. Finding a QB.

He's also rebuilt the entire running game. To protect the developing QB position, no matter who starts. That is 50% of the offense, rebuilt, but obviously not weapons.

When you have the QB, and the foundation (trenches) establish... you use future drafts to add things like a sexy TE.

Smash is arguing that you are supposed to build the offense around your QBs strengths, and that there are no weapons, but I'd argue Idzik is trying to find us a QB to build around and building around the easiest strength of any new QB... handing the ball off and minimizing pass attempts.

Archived