Geno Smith calls Sanchez a pretty good player

Pac

I pretty much did it for you in that post about the draft.  That's the thing.

Would have been nice to take Desean Jackson over Keller, but the fact is, we tried to add an offensive playmaker, we just missed.  Otherwise, the guys aren't there in the draft.  Overpaying for more veterans isn't what I'm looking for.  We tried it.  It didn't work.

Either way, here's the deal as far as where we picked:

2009: We trade up for Sanchez and Greene.  Greene was probably a miss but still fits the offensive philosophy, and we're ignoring Sanchez because he's the focal point of this conversation.

2010: We pick Kyle Wilson at 29.  Rob Groncowksi is the only good offensive player picked within 15 picks, and he's been hurt a lot, not to mention Brady.  One year after Greene was drafted, you're certainly not going to draft Javhad Best or Dexter McCluster.  Arrelious Benn?  We pick Ducassee at 61.  No playmakers in the next 15 picks.  Closest is Jimmy Graham 34 picks later.

2011: We pick Wilkerson at 30.  13 picks later is TE Kyle Rudolph.  Would you make that trade?  Kendrick Ellis at 94.  No playmakers within 15 picks and no pro bowl players drafted after him at all.

2012: We take Coples at 16.  Doug Martin is available exactly 15 picks later.  Would have been a major reach.  Otherwise you have AJ Jenkins and Kendall Wright.  Then we took an offensive player in Stephen Hill at 43.  This fits the philosophy of offensive playmaker.  Ashlon Jeffries, Ryan Broyles, Isaiah Pead are who we chose Hill over.  Any bad decisions there?

As for Free Agents, we went with Santonio.  Did it work?  Well, kinda, yeah.  He's been our best WR.  Singlehandedly won us 2 crucial games in his first year.  Sure, he's been a baby and he got hurt, but we did add a playmaker in him.

Great post and something I try to visit often when everyone loves to knock draft picks.

Its easy to say this, its easy to say that - but if the situation doesnt allow for that to happen, then whats the point of belaboring it?

I'd also like to add that there hasnt exactly been an abundance of "weaponz" on the open market and their typically isnt.  They usually get resigned by their current team.  Playmakers dont often hit the open market. And if they are, you better be willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money or they are on their last leg, like LT when we signed him.

V Jax was available last year - should we play him 12 mil a year?  Did he make Freeman that much better?  What about Wallace, you want to give a one trick pony that much money?  Otherwise, whether we like it or not, the Jets got the best FA WR on the market in 2011.  Yes, Holmes was far and away the best WR out their, a playmaker and someone Mark threw to a lot.  They showed the stats after 2010 that I used during FF.  He was one of the top 5 most targeted WRs in Football for the last 6 games of the year or something like that...so they did secure a playmaker for Mark.  Otherwise, who did the Jets miss out on?  

And another point, Holmes and Mason didnt hinder either Big Ben or Flacco's development - why did they hurt Marks? 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy sh*t.

You already said elsewhere you think Sanchez sucks. Now he has talent, but the problem is buried in some other hyperbole.

I already said Sanchez came into a situation that deteriorated, you are repeating back to me my points. I also explained why it appeared to deteriorate, in some ways it's because Tanny whiffed on FA and draft picks, and in other ways it's because the QB couldn't do his job. Of course a WR is going to look awful if the QB can't get him the ball. Thanks.

Glad you have hindsight to weigh in on Keller, the reality is they drafted a 1st round TE to give Sanchez a weapon. Sanchez didn't get better, and neither did Keller. But they tried to give him the weapon, which IS building around the QB. You are just avoiding acknowledging that by bashing Keller. 

You can't look back and say "they didn't put guys around him" when they did, it just panned out that the QB sucked and so did most of the players chosen to support him in the later years. In his first couple years, his supporting cast was fine and they up-leveled his play somewhat. Which is why many of us thought he was legit.

Your entire premise is that the Jets don't build around their QB, and you've weaved in and out of qualifiers and side-arguments to muddle this... but that was your initial point yeah? The Jets gave the job 100% to Sanchez and put players around him year after year, that is building around the QB. They just didn't have the right QB, or players dude. That is why the FO is being gutted. LOL, sheesh... 

Yeah, I'm going berserk. LOL

I'm just stepping away from an argument because I know better than to waste my time rehashing extremely valid points, against your ongoing pliable position and grasping at straws. Yup, definitely berserk. Me.

Here is the time of pathetic you are putting on display, in a nutshell... You said Sanchez was never surrounded with weapons, and I said he walked into a situation where he had plenty of investment in weapons, and as one example I pointed at Keller a first round TE. You said Keller sucked. I said we know that now, in hindsight, but at the time he was an investment in a weapon for a QB, like many other weapons they added to the roster that are now gone. Now you are saying Keller wasn't a weapon for Sanchez because they drafted Keller first? Wow.

The Jets tried to surround Sanchez with talent, but he's not a good enough QB and frankly most of the weapons weren't good either. Period. That's the end of the argument. That's why we have a new GM. 

You've failed to make a single point in this entire exchange. Quit now, lie about how you were just trying to troll people and move on.

Since you decided to Bold to show what an Idiot you are I'll also bold to show you that yes you are an Idiot. All I did was correct you when you made the first bolded statement above Then in all your stupid APE glory you decide to SPIN the ******* arguement.

So again to correct you KELLER WAS NOT DRAFTED TO HELP SANCHEZ AS YOU CLAIM He was drafted the freakin year before Sanchez was drafted.

I love the Sentence in the second post in small bold where you make the same case Ive been making the entire thread LOL .

Do yourself a favor try reading the posts you want to counter, or claim you know wtf im trying to say because its obvious you dont. You do this crap all the time so maybe its time I call your ass on it.

Since you decided to Bold to show what an Idiot you are I'll also bold to show you that yes you are an Idiot. All I did was correct you when you made the first bolded statement above Then in all your stupid APE glory you decide to SPIN the ******* arguement.

So again to correct you KELLER WAS NOT DRAFTED TO HELP SANCHEZ AS YOU CLAIM He was drafted the freakin year before Sanchez was drafted.

I love the Sentence in the second post in small bold where you make the same case Ive been making the entire thread LOL .

Do yourself a favor try reading the posts you want to counter, or claim you know wtf im trying to say because its obvious you dont. You do this crap all the time so maybe its time I call your ass on it.

A pass-catching TE was drafted in the first round to be a weapon for the QB. Period. Sanchez was drafted to become the QB. The order of their arrival being separate by a year doesn't make Keller less of a weapon, which was at one point in time what we were discussing. Weapons!! !

Since you couldn't win that argument, you've diverted to nit-picking chronological order and petty attacks. 

Based on your logic the only players that would count as "weapons" for Sanchez would be players that arrived after him. That is pure stupidity. 

You said Sanchez wasn't surrounded by weapons. I said he was dropped into a situation with weapons. Keller, one of the top OLs in football, one of the top running games, Cotchery were all here. Those are weapons that were here when he was drafted. Those are all weapons put in place to support the QB.

I honestly can't believe how ******* stupid you are sometimes. 

A pass-catching TE was drafted in the first round to be a weapon for the QB. Period. Sanchez was drafted to become the QB. The order of their arrival being separate by a year doesn't make Keller less of a weapon, which was at one point in time what we were discussing. Weapons!! !

Since you couldn't win that argument, you've diverted to nit-picking chronological order and petty attacks. 

Based on your logic the only players that would count as "weapons" for Sanchez would be players that arrived after him. That is pure stupidity. 

You said Sanchez wasn't surrounded by weapons. I said he was dropped into a situation with weapons. Keller, one of the top OLs in football, one of the top running games, Cotchery were all here. Those are weapons that were here when he was drafted. Those are all weapons put in place to support the QB.

ok APE keep reaching for the stars buddy.

We have had plenty of weapons around Sanchez, you just cannot see it becuase of how bad he is as a QB. It's like if you take this incredible car, great wheels, great suspension, great tires, great stearing, and you put in a piece of crap engine that cannot go over 25 mph, you will never know how great the rest of the car is. Sanchez = engine that cannot go over 25mph.

ok APE keep reaching for the stars buddy.

Okay Smash, keep squirming out of admitting you're a delusional crackpot with back asswards logic.

I'm wide open to you making a single point that backs up your statements, you just can't. Your problem is you've been wrong with every statement you made, like WAY wrong, and in light of just copping to making baseless statements, you do the arrogant, petty thing which is finding a new angle to nit-pick to shift the debate. This time you failed epically at it though... I mean seriously, I almost feel bad picking on you for this... to say Keller was NOT a weapon to Sanchez because Keller was drafted a year before Sanchez?

Really?

Really.

I'll have to re-read this all later... I'm curious to know how many times you have to be wrong before you start posturing for the old "I was trolling you all along bit"... cause it's pretty clear that's where this is going next. LOL

We have had plenty of weapons around Sanchez, you just cannot see it becuase of how bad he is as a QB. It's like if you take this incredible car, great wheels, great suspension, great tires, great stearing, and you put in a piece of crap engine that cannot go over 25 mph, you will never know how great the rest of the car is. Sanchez = engine that cannot go over 25mph.

Honestly I could care less who the QB was. The Jets did not build properly around a young QB. Signing 34 year olds fresh out of jail and 38 year olds is ridiculous. I said it when they signed those guys and Im still saying it now. Forget Sanchez for just a minute the Jets have not done a good job building an offense that can sustain itself over a long period of time, they tried to put bandaids on an already bad situation. There is a reason why our running game went in the toilet the past 2 years as opposed to the previous 2. We lost 3 solid role players who were not replaced and 2 starters on the O-Line were replaced with Jags or just outright terrible players. Thats not the way to build an offense in any scenario. I get that Sanchez has not played well but I refuse to put ALL the blame on him like some do on these forums. Some are so blinded by hatred they fail to see this team has been at the bottom thrid of the NFL in skill players for years. Also there is a reason players like Holmes and Edwards were let go from their respective teams Holmes for a song because the Steelers did not want to deal with the exact bullsh*t we've been dealing with here and Braylon was just playing at a terrible level in cleveland. Braylon actully began to play well with Sanchez and the Decided it better to sign Santonio Holmes to a 10 million per year contract. Thats ******* laughable. Lets hope under Idzik things change.

Okay Smash, keep squirming out of admitting you're a delusional crackpot with back asswards logic.

I'm wide open to you making a single point that backs up your statements, you just can't. Your problem is you've been wrong with every statement you made, like WAY wrong, and in light of just copping to making baseless statements, you do the arrogant, petty thing which is finding a new angle to nit-pick to shift the debate. This time you failed epically at it though... I mean seriously, I almost feel bad picking on you for this... to say Keller was NOT a weapon to Sanchez because Keller was drafted a year before Sanchez?

Really?

Really.

I'll have to re-read this all later... I'm curious to know how many times you have to be wrong before you start posturing for the old "I was trolling you all along bit"... cause it's pretty clear that's where this is going next. LOL

Dude just shut it already your making an ass out of yourself. I dont troll thats your excuse not mine. I think I did that once in my whole time on JN and your the one baboon who remebers it.  

Once agin go back and read your misinformative crap  You PLAINLY stated that Keller was brought in to help Sanchez and give him weapons. YOU ARE WRONG just admit that you make up bullsh*t to attempt to prove your points.

Bottom line The Jets have sh*t skill players and have had sh*t compared to the upper echelon on the league for 12 + years. This team is anemic on offense and it will continue to be as long as nothing is done about it. Finally this year we got 2 RB's lets see if they can stay healthy, if they do I think we might have 2 very explosive players that might just change how defenses play us. Im also looking forward to the WC offense of MM .

Im finished with the Sanchez argument some of you hate the guy so much there is just no point discussing it anymore.

He did just go there, didnt he?  Keller wasnt a weapon for Sanchez because he was drafted before him?  lulza - this is definitely one of the finer moments in the great Smash weaponz debate. 

Honestly I could care less who the QB was. The Jets did not build properly around a young QB. Signing 34 year olds fresh out of jail and 38 year olds is ridiculous. I said it when they signed those guys and Im still saying it now. Forget Sanchez for just a minute the Jets have not done a good job building an offense that can sustain itself over a long period of time, they tried to put bandaids on an already bad situation. There is a reason why our running game went in the toilet the past 2 years as opposed to the previous 2. We lost 3 solid role players who were not replaced and 2 starters on the O-Line were replaced with Jags or just outright terrible players. Thats not the way to build an offense in any scenario. I get that Sanchez has not played well but I refuse to put ALL the blame on him like some do on these forums. Some are so blinded by hatred they fail to see this team has been at the bottom thrid of the NFL in skill players for years. Also there is a reason players like Holmes and Edwards were let go from their respective teams Holmes for a song because the Steelers did not want to deal with the exact bullsh*t we've been dealing with here and Braylon was just playing at a terrible level in cleveland. Braylon actully began to play well with Sanchez and the Decided it better to sign Santonio Holmes to a 10 million per year contract. Thats ******* laughable. Lets hope under Idzik things change.

OK, let me try this another way for you.

Take a piece of really good chocolate, like Godiva or something. Yum!

Now, take that piece of good chocolate and put it in a pile of crap.

You will have no idea how good it would taste, because it is overshadowed by the crap.

Our WR's and TE's are the chocolate, and Sanchez is the crap.

Dude just shut it already your making an ass out of yourself. I dont troll thats your excuse not mine. I think I did that once in my whole time on JN and your the one baboon who remebers it.  

Once agin go back and read your misinformative crap  You PLAINLY stated that Keller was brought in to help Sanchez and give him weapons. YOU ARE WRONG just admit that you make up bullsh*t to attempt to prove your points.

Bottom line The Jets have sh*t skill players and have had sh*t compared to the upper echelon on the league for 12 + years. This team is anemic on offense and it will continue to be as long as nothing is done about it. Finally this year we got 2 RB's lets see if they can stay healthy, if they do I think we might have 2 very explosive players that might just change how defenses play us. Im also looking forward to the WC offense of MM .

Im finished with the Sanchez argument some of you hate the guy so much there is just no point discussing it anymore.

Each of the following is TRUE, except one:

Keller was brought in as a weapon for the passing game. True.

Sanchez was brought in as the QB "of the future" or "potential franchise QB". True.

You said Sanchez had no weapons, and never has had weapons. True.

I said Sanchez had weapons from day 1, including Keller. True.

You said "Keller sucks". Opinion.

I said "at the time the Jets added him the thinking by the team was 1st round pass-catching TE = weapon for QB". True.

Keller's stats with Favre and with Sanchez in year 1 were about the same. True.

That's when you went off the rails, as usual. I proved you wrong, as usual. True.

Now we are here...

Yes, I mispoke and said "Jets brought in Keller for Sanchez" without qualifying the chronology of it being before they drafted Sanchez. It doesn't matter. Every rookie comes to a team with veterans. Veterans suddenly can't be weapons who were brought in to surround the QB?

Only an idiot would actually dig in their heels over these petty semantics, but then if proven wrong in every other aspect of this, I guess a stubborn pig needs something to cling to, eh?

The reality is, the Jets drafted Keller as a weapon for the QB, first Favre, then Sanchez. Obviously they knew Favre was a 1-year rental, so it's obvious they were thinking about the QB who replaces him when they drafted Keller as well. It shouldn't have needed to be clarified. Only a complete boob needs to be spoon-fed explanations like this.

Do you need me to stop here? Is the logic too straight forward?

Sanchez arrived to a situation with weapons, some added before him and some added after. Your logic that Keller was drafted before Sanchez is infantile and ******* stupid. Cotchery was drafted before Sanchez too... was he not a weapon? 

Stephen Hill was drafted last year, but it doesn't change that he'll be looked at as a weapon for Geno or Mark, or McElroy or whatever other bum lines up at QB for us. 

This isn't a debate about Sanchez, it's a debate about you making false statements to backup idiot logic, being proven wrong and you clinging to semantics like a child. You were wrong bud... and yea, come to think of it I know you don't usually troll, which makes this moronic stance you are taking that much more pathetic. 

He did just go there, didnt he?  Keller wasnt a weapon for Sanchez because he was drafted before him?  lulza - this is definitely one of the finer moments in the great Smash weaponz debate. 

I love Smash, but he's a ******* moron.

I gotta fight for what's right hippie man... 

It's degenerated into a boring debate about semantics, with an inappropriate escalation of personal attacks. This isn't the mafia forum. I'd suggest you tone it down, but I'd really prefer it if you stopped altogether.

It's degenerated into a boring debate about semantics, with an inappropriate escalation of personal attacks. This isn't the mafia forum. I'd suggest you tone it down, but I'd really prefer it if you stopped altogether.

That's what I'm saying!

Yeah, I'm done - no worries. Hell, I tried to walk away yesterday. Today, I was going for the "sometimes the only way to get through to Smash is to punch him square in the face" approach, since talking to him rationally yesterday got nowhere. He obviously takes great pride in being bullheaded and wrong.

What else you wanna talk about? I like turtles.

That's what I'm saying!

Yeah, I'm done - no worries. Hell, I tried to walk away yesterday. Today, I was going for the "sometimes the only way to get through to Smash is to punch him square in the face" approach, since talking to him rationally yesterday got nowhere. He obviously takes great pride in being bullheaded and wrong.

What else you wanna talk about? I like turtles.

Turtles suck

your an idiot read the posts

Each of the following is TRUE, except one:

Keller was brought in as a weapon for the passing game. True.

Sanchez was brought in as the QB "of the future" or "potential franchise QB". True.

You said Sanchez had no weapons, and never has had weapons. True.

I said Sanchez had weapons from day 1, including Keller. True.

You said "Keller sucks". Opinion.

I said "at the time the Jets added him the thinking by the team was 1st round pass-catching TE = weapon for QB". True.

Keller's stats with Favre and with Sanchez in year 1 were about the same. True.

That's when you went off the rails, as usual. I proved you wrong, as usual. True.

Now we are here...

Yes, I mispoke and said "Jets brought in Keller for Sanchez" without qualifying the chronology of it being before they drafted Sanchez. It doesn't matter. Every rookie comes to a team with veterans. Veterans suddenly can't be weapons who were brought in to surround the QB?

Only an idiot would actually dig in their heels over these petty semantics, but then if proven wrong in every other aspect of this, I guess a stubborn pig needs something to cling to, eh?

The reality is, the Jets drafted Keller as a weapon for the QB, first Favre, then Sanchez. Obviously they knew Favre was a 1-year rental, so it's obvious they were thinking about the QB who replaces him when they drafted Keller as well. It shouldn't have needed to be clarified. Only a complete boob needs to be spoon-fed explanations like this.

Do you need me to stop here? Is the logic too straight forward?

Sanchez arrived to a situation with weapons, some added before him and some added after. Your logic that Keller was drafted before Sanchez is infantile and ******* stupid. Cotchery was drafted before Sanchez too... was he not a weapon? 

Stephen Hill was drafted last year, but it doesn't change that he'll be looked at as a weapon for Geno or Mark, or McElroy or whatever other bum lines up at QB for us. 

This isn't a debate about Sanchez, it's a debate about you making false statements to backup idiot logic, being proven wrong and you clinging to semantics like a child. You were wrong bud... and yea, come to think of it I know you don't usually troll, which makes this moronic stance you are taking that much more pathetic. 

Go into my posts and quote me where I have made false statements find me one FALSE statementn not an opinion A FALSE STATEMENT. I found one you made and you finally admitted it after 3 back and forths. I know at this stage JIF and 80 are just egging this nonsense on but the facts are the facts. Im not sure if its stupid Jets fans who actully think this team had talent on offense or if its the Sanchez haters who know I do not fully blame Sanchez for this mess we delt with for 2 years and just want to say stupid sh*t like "Cotchery cant catch now because of Mark Sanchez" This is the kind of ignorant immature sh*t that sets me off.

At least EY came into the thread made a valid point, backed up his point with a good post and did it all without insulting the other persons intelligence. Maybe some of the guys in here should try that sometime.

Slats how can you stop a smash ape debate ? is it even possible ? :)

It's pure blather.  It's like saying "well we already burned a 1st rounder on a decent pass-catching TE, but he isn't good enough so let's burn another top pick for more weaponzzzz for our crappy QB"

80 lets let it rest . We agree on the basic premise Sanchez has played bad the past 2 years . You think its all 100% on him I think its partially on him and partially on the team and how it was built.

Geno was probably just being nice. I doubt he actually believes that Sanchez is a good player.

Of course he was being nice ... its very rare you see a coach or a player tell the actual truth on how they feel about a player. Parcells had no problem but hey that was Parcells and everyone knew it.

80 lets let it rest . We agree on the basic premise Sanchez has played bad the past 2 years . You think its all 100% on him I think its partially on him and partially on the team and how it was built.

I'd say it was about 75 % on him and you're saying 25.  It's a wide gulf between our opinions. 

Go into my posts and quote me where I have made false statements find me one FALSE statementn not an opinion A FALSE STATEMENT. I found one you made and you finally admitted it after 3 back and forths. I know at this stage JIF and 80 are just egging this nonsense on but the facts are the facts. Im not sure if its stupid Jets fans who actully think this team had talent on offense or if its the Sanchez haters who know I do not fully blame Sanchez for this mess we delt with for 2 years and just want to say stupid sh*t like "Cotchery cant catch now because of Mark Sanchez" This is the kind of ignorant immature sh*t that sets me off.

At least EY came into the thread made a valid point, backed up his point with a good post and did it all without insulting the other persons intelligence. Maybe some of the guys in here should try that sometime.

Slats how can you stop a smash ape debate ? is it even possible ?  :)

You said Sanchez had no weapons when he got here. That was a false statement. 

Keller = former 1st round, pass catching TE

Cotchery = former 4th round, proven #2 veteran WR

Braylon Edwards = former 1st round WR, huge target, proven

Thomas Jones = ran for 1400 yards

Shonn Green = ran for 500 yards in relief

Leon = ran for 300 yards in small role

T-Rich = best FB in football at the time

Offensive line = top 5 in pass protecting and run blocking (if memory serves)

You exaggerated the truth, in order to support your incessant whining. I agree with you, it's not ALL Sanchez fault. But the argument is not about whose fault is it? It is about you saying we drafted Sanchez and never put talent around him. We did. You are wrong.

Since you are wrong, and it's obvious, you've been all over the place like a schitzo... saying Keller sucks. Okay, well that's rational, because here we are 5 years after drafting Keller knowing he's not great, but he doesn't suck. At the time he was drafted the idea was he'd be a great weapon. The type of weapon you are whining about.

You ignored that though.

Instead you are hung up on chronological order. LOL. You didn't find a false statement I made, you found an exploitable bit of semantics. Your exuberance about trying to turn that into a "false statement" is childish. Weapons can be drafted before the QB they are here to support. PERIOD. Cocthery, Thomas Jones, Keller, Leon, and just about every other Jets we had on offense was drafted before Mark Sanchez. That does NOT make the statement "they got Keller, or Cotchery, or Thomas Jones or anyone else to be a weapons to Sanchez" false. Teams are built over seasons. SEASONS. Weapons can be added while we have Favre, and still be weapons for Sanchez when he is dropped into the starting QB role.

I can't believe I have to explain this.

You insinuated that because Keller was drafted BEFORE Sanchez, that Keller is not a viable weapon for Sanchez, nor was he brought here to be a weapon. INSANE. YOU.

You seem to be making a layer cake of all other Sanchez arguments in the mix of avoiding the points I'm making, and you sound like a lunatic. The argument stems from you saying Sanchez was brought into a situation with no weapons, and not built around properly. I've illustrated how you are wrong. This isn't about Sanchez hating, so don't try to steer it there. This is about fact-checking a mellodramatic goofball... YOU. YOU YOU YOU!!!! LOL

Slats said stop. Now stop acting like a child and suck it up. You were wrong, and your efforts to convolute things and scramble for a shred of dignity are unbecoming. 

Stop.

Sanchez has 100% had a problem with throwing the ball to the other team since year 1.

You said Sanchez had no weapons when he got here. That was a false statement. 

Keller = former 1st round, pass catching TE

Cotchery = former 4th round, proven #2 veteran WR

Braylon Edwards = former 1st round WR, huge target, proven

Thomas Jones = ran for 1400 yards

Shonn Green = ran for 500 yards in relief

Leon = ran for 300 yards in small role

T-Rich = best FB in football at the time

Offensive line = top 5 in pass protecting and run blocking (if memory serves)

You exaggerated the truth, in order to support your incessant whining. I agree with you, it's not ALL Sanchez fault. But the argument is not about whose fault is it? It is about you saying we drafted Sanchez and never put talent around him. We did. You are wrong.

Since you are wrong, and it's obvious, you've been all over the place like a schitzo... saying Keller sucks. Okay, well that's rational, because here we are 5 years after drafting Keller knowing he's not great, but he doesn't suck. At the time he was drafted the idea was he'd be a great weapon. The type of weapon you are whining about.

You ignored that though.

Instead you are hung up on chronological order. LOL. You didn't find a false statement I made, you found an exploitable bit of semantics. Your exuberance about trying to turn that into a "false statement" is childish. Weapons can be drafted before the QB they are here to support. PERIOD. Cocthery, Thomas Jones, Keller, Leon, and just about every other Jets we had on offense was drafted before Mark Sanchez. That does NOT make the statement "they got Keller, or Cotchery, or Thomas Jones or anyone else to be a weapons to Sanchez" false. Teams are built over seasons. SEASONS. Weapons can be added while we have Favre, and still be weapons for Sanchez when he is dropped into the starting QB role.

I can't believe I have to explain this.

You insinuated that because Keller was drafted BEFORE Sanchez, that Keller is not a viable weapon for Sanchez, nor was he brought here to be a weapon. INSANE. YOU.

You seem to be making a layer cake of all other Sanchez arguments in the mix of avoiding the points I'm making, and you sound like a lunatic. The argument stems from you saying Sanchez was brought into a situation with no weapons, and not built around properly. I've illustrated how you are wrong. This isn't about Sanchez hating, so don't try to steer it there. This is about fact-checking a mellodramatic goofball... YOU. YOU YOU YOU!!!! LOL

Slats said stop. Now stop acting like a child and suck it up. You were wrong, and your efforts to convolute things and scramble for a shred of dignity are unbecoming. 

Stop.

when you stop flinging poop I will stop because I said non of what you posted I asked you to quote NOT what your monkey brain assumes I said.

Jetsfan80 - If you asked me I would sy 50/50 not 75/25

The guys at work are giving me grief now cause Im a Jets fan they saw the message board LOL

when you stop flinging poop I will stop because I said non of what you posted I asked you to quote NOT what your monkey brain assumes I said.

Jetsfan80 - If you asked me I would sy 50/50 not 75/25

The guys at work are giving me grief now cause Im a Jets fan they saw the message board LOL

Smash, in all seriousness I tried to discuss your outrage with you calmly and took care to respond to exactly what you were saying. Every time I address what you were whining about, you ignored it and put on this display of asking me to "quote you", nitpicking semantics, changing the context of the argument, or making the umbrella statement that I know nothing about football... all attempts that I'd normally chalk up to trolling, because of how stupid they are... or the tell-tale signs of someone too bullheaded to recognize he is losing an argument, badly. Something we see here quite often, each of those losing tactics.

Now.... kindly admit you were exaggerating what you were griping about OR put a sock in it. But don't come back at me with more nonsense, I'm trying to curtail the arguing as Slats requested.

Archived