Rappoport: Garrard Not staying with Jets

CrazyCarl40

Who wants to bet that Garrard signs with another team within the month? Dude knew he could beat out Sanchez, but he didn't want to be a seat-warmer for Geno. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back in Miami.

**** him, Idzik will find better in mini draft!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who wants to bet that Garrard signs with another team within the month? Dude knew he could beat out Sanchez, but he didn't want to be a seat-warmer for Geno. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back in Miami.

You stupid head.

I 100% believe we have to find a veteran somehow that makes sense as a mentor to Geno. I thought Garrard was perfect, both QBs are African American QBs trying to buck the stereotype that they all have to run and can't pass from the pocket. Dammit, Garrard would have been perfect as a mentor in that regard.

There is legit nothing out there. Nada.

Not too surprisingly, there's not much left in terms of veteran QBs on the FA market.  Based on a quick search, here's what I saw:

Byron Leftwich (would be strangely appropriate for him to replace Garrard)

Tyler Thigpen

Derek Anderson

Trent Edwards

Matt Leinart (HA!)

Hardly exciting stuff there, so hopefully someone else will shake free at some point.

You know this kills all hope that some of you had that Sanchez would be cut after June 1, right?

and somewhere ... a whole nest of baby bunnies will die because of it ...

Jets | Appears David Garrard is retiring 
Wed, 15 May 2013 13:22:31 -0700

It appears that New York Jets QB David Garrard (knee) is preparing to retire as he continues to have knee issues. "Having to call it quits. My knee is not holding up. Continuing to swell after practices. Limiting what I can do," Garrard said.

Comment | Source: Twitter | Share: facebook.png 

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2TOhsCRnD

Not too surprisingly, there's not much left in terms of veteran QBs on the FA market.  Based on a quick search, here's what I saw:

Byron Leftwich (would be strangely appropriate for him to replace Garrard)

Tyler Thigpen

Derek Anderson

Trent Edwards

Matt Leinart (HA!)

Hardly exciting stuff there, so hopefully someone else will shake free at some point.

4/5 better than Sanchez?

Archived