Billy Volek

John Beck

Charlie Batch

Troy Smith

Byron Leftwich

Rudy Carpenter

Richard Bartel

Ugh.

Not negging you, negging this list.... there is only ONE option.

You know it. I know it. And a lot of men will cry about it.

I'm curious why anyone feels he will be replaced.  this is just a weeding out process anyway, and he went down early.  the scrap heap is so over picked, anyonbe brought in now has no chance of beating out smith or sanchez, and would be a waste of money

I'm curious why anyone feels he will be replaced. this is just a weeding out process anyway, and he went down early. the scrap heap is so over picked, anyonbe brought in now has no chance of beating out smith or sanchez, and would be a waste of money

Pretty much this.

To be honest, I actually would like the idea of Batch or Leftwich coming here.  Both are resigned to never being starters, are very professional in how they handle being a backup and are always ready (moreso Batch) and have shown recently that they are fully capable of coming in and not losing you a game. I would like this move as a veteran mentor for Geno, especially Batch.  Let Geno and Sanchez battle it out and whomever wins starts (a tie goes to Geno) and let Batch back em up.  I don't trust anyone else on the roster to come in and not lose you a game, in fact, I expect sanchez to actively lose us games, regardless of his depth position.

**** me running. Mark Sanchez is now the veteran leader our new QB has to learn from?

No.

Smith must learn from the coaches, and compete with Sanchez.  The idea of learning from veterans you are competing with is badly over rated  

No.

Smith must learn from the coaches, and compete with Sanchez.  The idea of learning from veterans you are competing with is badly over rated  

+1 Most vets don't train their replacements. Not even old ones. 

Our options:

Tyler Thigpen

Vince Young

Billy Volek

John Beck

Charlie Batch

Troy Smith

Byron Leftwich

Rudy Carpenter

Richard Bartel

Ugh.

This is the most depressing thing I have seen in a long time.

To be honest, I actually would like the idea of Batch or Leftwich coming here.  Both are resigned to never being starters, are very professional in how they handle being a backup and are always ready (moreso Batch) and have shown recently that they are fully capable of coming in and not losing you a game. I would like this move as a veteran mentor for Geno, especially Batch.  Let Geno and Sanchez battle it out and whomever wins starts (a tie goes to Geno) and let Batch back em up.  I don't trust anyone else on the roster to come in and not lose you a game, in fact, I expect sanchez to actively lose us games, regardless of his depth position.

Can you please say Batch a few more times. Some people might not know who you prefer. ;)

This is the most depressing thing I have seen in a long time.

You find that list more depressing than this one? 

Mark Sanchez

Tim Tebow

Greg McElroy

It wasn't that long ago.

QB's Byron Leftwich or Charlie Batch would be the Jets best bet to being in to compete with Smith or Sanchez if he not release before the season start. If I can recall I believe Leftwich and Batch did a pretty good job went big ben was injured.

No we don't ...Tebow was not an asset and wouldnt have been give a real chance to compete for the job anyway

well the problem is we released him before trying out anyone

if we ran through a practice saw he sucked and garrard was good wed release him

releasing him early without working him or garrard out has left us without either.

I'm curious why anyone feels he will be replaced.  this is just a weeding out process anyway, and he went down early.  the scrap heap is so over picked, anyonbe brought in now has no chance of beating out smith or sanchez, and would be a waste of money

2 reasons.

First, because Idzik said he wanted a 5 man competition. Garrard never made it into the competition.

Second, see what SayNo says here... 

**** me running. Mark Sanchez is now the veteran leader our new QB has to learn from?

So Far though we've brought in two people to compete with Mark and he's effectively retired them both, kid might just earn this starting spot

Yeah, that.

Archived