First Open OTA Practice

flgreen

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian Costello@BrianCoz12m

Sanchez picked off by Cromartie on third play.

Brian Costello@BrianCoz8m

Geno picked off on second throw

Brian Costello@BrianCoz3m

McElroy gets one throw and it hit a lineman's head

Your 2013 New York Jets!!

It truly is sad how much this made me laugh.

Anyone else find this a little strange:

Brian Costello@BrianCoz13m

Ducasse is playing right tackle #NYJ

Not really, it is actually what he was originally drafted to be, but he just kept getting moved around in a desperate attempt to find which OL position he sucked at the least, plus Woody was still here his rookie year.  My guess is he's taking reps with the second team and its a matter of having a whole lot more guys capable of stepping in at guard on the team than at tackle.  Plus Vlad is probably one of those guys who they would like to get as many reps as possible since this is his year to put up or shut up.

Not really, it is actually what he was originally drafted to be, but he just kept getting moved around in a desperate attempt to find which OL position he sucked at the least, plus Woody was still here his rookie year.  My guess is he's taking reps with the second team and its a matter of having a whole lot more guys capable of stepping in at guard on the team than at tackle.  Plus Vlad is probably one of those guys who they would like to get as many reps as possible since this is his year to put up or shut up.

assuming that Colon is still recovering from knee injury... it could just be the way they fill out the practice reps

for example if the first team is Brick - Winters - Mangold - Peterman - Howard then the second team is Oday - Landholt - Schlauderaff - Campbell - Vlad

they don't really have another 2nd team RT. Mark Popek? 

I agree on all points.

Didn't find it surprising at all

Rich Cimini @RichCimini  .

TE Hayden Smith, former rugby player, looks much improved. Has made a few catches. #Jets 

How did he make a "few catches"?

Manish Mehta  @MMehtaNYDN  .

First team period: Sanchez goes 3 for 5, INT, sack. Geno goes 0 for 4, INT (tipped). Simms works w/ 3rd team. McElroy takes 1 snap w/4th tm 

Only 3 completions all day!  Did Hayden catch all of them?

Yep.  Only a certain number of linemen (usually 7 or 8) get to suit up on gameday.  If you're not a starter, you had better be capable of stepping in at both G/C or G/T or you're f***ed.

Ben Shpigel @benshpigel  .

A UPS truck just pulled into the Jets' complex. Best I can tell, no quarterbacks were delivered.

24m  .

Beat Writer / Columnist Reply

Retweet

Favorite

Maybe UPS is interviewing.  A lot of these guys will be working for them in a few months anyway.

How did he make a "few catches"?

Only 3 completions all day!  Did Hayden catch all of them?

I was thinking the same thing, but that was just the first session.  The actual numbers are below.  9 completions and they don't provide any reps for McElroy or Simms. It's certainly possible that Smith had 3 or so catches.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini  .

Early thought on #Jets QB comp: Ugh. Sanchez 6-for-11, 3 INTs, 1 sack. (1 INT may have been a sack.) Geno Smith 3-for-10, 1 INT, 1 sack

5m  .

Beat Writer / Columnist

Big Snacks is the greatest nickname in the NFL. 

David Harris falling down attempting to "tackle" Ivory gives me a mental happy. 

Don't care if the system is new to both QBs, Sanchez in his 5th year should look worlds better than any rookie 2nd round pick who played in a triple option his whole career.  

Archived