We cant start Geno with this group of WR's...

Matt39

This Garrard injury/retirement hurts more than anything...I dont think there's much of a choice to throw Sanchez or whomever(Simms, other scrub...) to the wolves for another year and Rex buys himself another one with Woody as Geno gets developed. Plus we'll get a top 5 pick, possibly higher and the potential CLowney, Bridgewater selection

Geno is raw as hell. Throwing him out there with zero starting caliber NFL players on the outside or at tight end...just doesnt seem like a good idea. This WR group is as bad as Ive seen...

At least with Garrard he'd probably be able to make some due with who we have...which is horrendous, but...whatever Garrard was never the future.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good post! 

Let's face it, Sanchez is a Jet ony because of his fortunate contract situation.

Peyton and Troy Aikman won only 3 games in their rookie year.  After so many years of suffering, I'd rather see the crash and burn just wind up this year rather than winning 6 games.

Follow the Colts example of 2011.

Not many wins, not many expectations.

Our WR corp is very sad...Hope that Holmes and Hill can get healthy and back to 100% soon so that we don't go 4 preseason games without a TD.  Last year was just stupid...

Hill was in a option offense two years ago....last year was a wash, Sporano had no idea what he was doing.

By the time we know if Hill can play or not he'll be on a different team....he's a long way away.

Id even look into Rex Grossman...anyone...

Mark cant play this year....we had a friggin home and away QB last year because of the fans booing him. Game one at home Sanchez under center he's getting booed and the Geno chants start. There's no reason for that.

Good post! 

Let's face it, Sanchez is a Jet ony because of his fortunate contract situation.

Peyton and Troy Aikman won only 3 games in their rookie year.  After so many years of suffering, I'd rather see the crash and burn just wind up this year rather than winning 6 games.

Follow the Colts example of 2011.

Not many wins, not many expectations.

Only one person on this board is allowed to post in red font. His name is GOB.

You've been warned. 

This Garrard injury/retirement hurts more than anything...I dont think there's much of a choice to throw Sanchez or whomever(Simms, other scrub...) to the wolves for another year and Rex buys himself another one with Woody as Geno gets developed. Plus we'll get a top 5 pick, possibly higher and the potential CLowney, Bridgewater selection

Geno is raw as hell. Throwing him out there with zero starting caliber NFL players on the outside or at tight end...just doesnt seem like a good idea. This WR group is as bad as Ive seen...

At least with Garrard he'd probably be able to make some due with who we have...which is horrendous, but...whatever Garrard was never the future.

While certainly not a good group, if Holmes can make it back and be productive, with Kerley and a hopefully improved Hill, there are worse receiving corps out there.  If we provide a good offensive line and running game, a good QB should be able to work with our serviceable WRs.  San Fran just lost Crabtree to an achilles tear and they're gonna be forced to run out their version of Hill, Manningham coming off an ACL and then a couple recent draft picks.  Granted they have vernon davis, but you give Kaepernick our WR corps and I bet he'd still have a good season.  It all comes down to QB play.

While certainly not a good group, if Holmes can make it back and be productive, with Kerley and a hopefully improved Hill, there are worse receiving corps out there.  If we provide a good offensive line and running game, a good QB should be able to work with our serviceable WRs.  San Fran just lost Crabtree to an achilles tear and they're gonna be forced to run out their version of Hill, Manningham coming off an ACL and then a couple recent draft picks.  Granted they have vernon davis, but you give Kaepernick our WR corps and I bet he'd still have a good season.  It all comes down to QB play.

If Holmes is healthy and has his head out of his ass then I'd consider it. I dont think you can count on either of those though.

Kerley is really the only viable guy. And he's a slot...Hill is basically learning a new sport again.(just a bad pick)

As far as the Niners Davis is basically a WR...Manningham will be back, they drafted Jenkins a year ago and they took another WR early this year. Plus they signed Boldin.

Only one person on this board is allowed to post in red font. His name is GOB.

You've been warned. 

I've been warned?   I never knew about your "one person in red" privilege.

I spent 38 hours pinned down in Viet Nam, and your warning should scare me?

Screw you.

Really? Give me a break. We have a superbowl MVP on the outside. Kerley had 827 yards last year.

Meh.  Go with the best QB, period.  We don't have good receivers, but Kerley can be Geno's poor man's Tavon Austin, and Hill may at least give Geno the reason to launch it deep for one of those "either my guy gets it or no one does" throws.  We'll see about Santonio's health and the TE's.

Meanwhile, the running game ought to be Geno's best friend.  

I don't think our weapons or lack thereof will prevent Geno from having some success.  Our receivers may well be slightly UNDERRATED given who has been throwing them the ball the last 4 years.

Screw you.

Thanks  for your service. Truth is pretty sure he was kidding.  Welcome to the board.

Curious why ppl think Hill can just step in and play...

Last year was useless for him..he's basically a rookie and learning an actual offense for the first time in his career.

And judging by the Jets last 10 years or so at evaluating the skill positions I'd doubt these guys are underrated....Kerley is what he is. Good player...not a reliable target for a rookie QB though.

Screw you

LOL. chill dude. Rule number 1 here is dont take anything I say seriously. Rule number 2 is have thick skin. I can tell already that will fit right in. 

I personally dont think that factors into your decision.  Idzik's theme all offseason has been competition.  If Geno wins the job out right in camp and its obvious to everyone he's the best option, he has to start.  You cant play Sanchez because of a lack of talent at the skills positions.  Not only does it contradict Idzik's theme, its also a terrible way to develop young players and to lose the team from week 1. 

Game experience is invaluable.  Nothing can replaces live snaps.  And if Geno is the better player in camp, you have to start him.  

I find it funny that this WR group is suddenly not good enough.

Ive been saying this for years yet get ripped because in reference to Sanchez this group suddenly becomes just fine. Hypocritical if you ask me.

FWIW - this WR group and TE group is probably bottom 5 in the NFL and yes no QB should have to endure this crap but once again been saying this for years.

I personally dont think that factors into your decision.  Idzik's theme all offseason has been competition.  If Geno wins the job out right in camp and its obvious to everyone he's the best option, he has to start.  You cant play Sanchez because of a lack of talent at the skills positions.  Not only does it contradict Idzik's theme, its also a terrible way to develop young players and to lose the team from week 1. 

Game experience is invaluable.  Nothing can replaces live snaps.  And if Geno is the better player in camp, you have to start him.  

Got no prob with competition....and if Geno wins out, which he might....god help him though, its going to be ugly.

I coudlnt care less about Sanchez's confidence at this point..he's done. I just dont see any reason to ruin Geno...because if he fails as a passer this year....it wont be his fault.

Curious why ppl think Hill can just step in and play...

Last year was useless for him..he's basically a rookie and learning an actual offense for the first time in his career.

And judging by the Jets last 10 years or so at evaluating the skill positions I'd doubt these guys are underrated....Kerley is what he is. Good player...not a reliable target for a rookie QB though.

No one is saying Hill will do that.  We simply expect progression.  As in progression from "basically non-existent" to "making some impact".  I'll take that.  

I find it funny that this WR group is suddenly not good enough.

Ive been saying this for years yet get ripped because in reference to Sanchez this group suddenly becomes just fine. Hypocritical if you ask me.

FWIW - this WR group and TE group is probably bottom 5 in the NFL and yes no QB should have to endure this crap but once again been saying this for years.

Actually the same people in the "Sanchez sucks" camp are definitively NOT saying this WR group isn't good enough for a capable QB.  We've been pretty consistent on this point.

Screw you.

I second the Crusher.  Thanks for your service.

Boy it is funny.  Sanchez makes this group of playmakers suck.

But this group of playmakers will make Geno suck.

Sorry folks, you can't have it both ways.

`agree , The jets have no playmakers , homes is a head case , QB with no big time playmake is what the jet all about these days

Archived