Lily's Angry Melons mafia game thread

Lily

I'll buy what AVM's selling for the moment...just don't think scum uses this power at this point in the game...plus he has been hinting at helping Hess the entire game...better at mid to end game don't ya think?

I would agree...but they're already down a guy.

What if Hess has a power the mafia team thinks they need to stay in the game?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then why use it today, as blatantly as you have? I could swear you explained before how today was a good time to use it - but given your statement above, wouldn't you rather wait until it mattered? I don't get this at all.

She'll honor it if I do it in time.  Doesn't mean I'll be around for an L-2 to lynch process.  Add into that my aforementioned issue of waiting too close to a deadline and not getting enough votes together and I used it when I felt we could get valuable information.

I would agree...but they're already down a guy.

What if Hess has a power the mafia team thinks they need to stay in the game?

Yeah, I thought of the desperation angle...my take on that...why does AVM hint at some special connection to Hess at all?  He's been doing it since the  srat...wifom maybe...but Hess acted like he didn't know...found Verb's reaction to it most telling...

What's your take on Pac? 

Yeah, I thought of the desperation angle...my take on that...why does AVM hint at some special connection to Hess at all?  He's been doing it since the  srat...wifom maybe...but Hess acted like he didn't know...found Verb's reaction to it most telling...

What's your take on Pac? 

Good points again.

I'll let AVM and Hess both slide today but I don't trust either of them.

No read on Pac. I say make him talk and if he wont then string him up.

Unvote Vote Pac

She'll honor it if I do it in time.  Doesn't mean I'll be around for an L-2 to lynch process.  Add into that my aforementioned issue of waiting too close to a deadline and not getting enough votes together and I used it when I felt we could get valuable information.

So you are saying that you felt it was important enough to provide us with an investigation of Hess which should be mod confirmed by the removal of votes.

Dude, I'm not trying to get you to talk more - but damn, you did kind of imply that Hess should be the one to do this before his train started to build. And then you are asking a lot for folks to buy the "valuable information" of Hess being MC'd Town.

I seriously can't imagine a mafia team trying to pull that off after they already lost a player, but it doesn't look good. 

Can we please kill Mish and rid this game of her avatar already?

The rest of this AVM clearing hess train is not as interesting as Verbs reaction to it.

Let's kill Mish, wait for Verb to go to hockey practice then kill him.  We could kill Leelou too and I would be ok.

Wow, I'm sorry if my face offends you.

I

...how did that post without me being done typing? Oh well.

I'm leaning towards trusting AMV's claim. I haven't heard of the role, but we have seen proof that at least parts of it is true (the votes that went away), and I think the rest is too weird to have been made up.

...how did that post without me being done typing? Oh well.

I'm leaning towards trusting AMV's claim. I haven't heard of the role, but we have seen proof that at least parts of it is true (the votes that went away), and I think the rest is too weird to have been made up.

The best lies are wrapped in a blanket of truth aren't they?

That's true. But I think that if it was a fakeclaim, it would have been thought better out; I would have at least. It's been pointed out already the problems with his explanations. Most of the times I've experienced elaborate fakeclaims, they've been more waterproof than that.

So you are saying that you felt it was important enough to provide us with an investigation of Hess which should be mod confirmed by the removal of votes.

Dude, I'm not trying to get you to talk more - but damn, you did kind of imply that Hess should be the one to do this before his train started to build. And then you are asking a lot for folks to buy the "valuable information" of Hess being MC'd Town.

I seriously can't imagine a mafia team trying to pull that off after they already lost a player, but it doesn't look good. 

The valuable information hasn't been my result of Hess, it's been the discussion since. 

At the point I did that, the leads were metas and Hess falling into JiF's "trap."  We've got a lot more to go off of now, including my own actions and explanation.

All everyone KNOWS at this point (as Nolder mentioned) is that I had/have the power to clear a train.  As far as everyone is concerned I could be lying about everything else.

If I am, and am scum, I put myself on the line to save Hess -- either to try and keep a valuable role alive if Hess was scum or to try and buddy up with a townie if Hess was town.  Not exactly the best plan for a team already down one member (and up to the point I started all this Hess had 2/3 looking at him and I had 3 or so that had mentioned my name).

No comprende Mr. Loco. You're on a different level than me apparently.

I don't understand a damn thing half these folks are talking about with me, tbh.  Time to drink, maybe I will soon.

ok my apologies for my lack of play...  a couple things I can tell you.

I am town, and JiF (unless he's a GF) is town.  I am not a doc.

AVM and Hess smell like dog sh-t and should be killed.

Crush and DPR should be destroyed...

Hold on let me make sure of something I think I caught btw Hess and AVM...  stay tuned.

The valuable information hasn't been my result of Hess, it's been the discussion since. 

At the point I did that, the leads were metas and Hess falling into JiF's "trap."  We've got a lot more to go off of now, including my own actions and explanation.

I must be rusty as hell because I feel like there is something flying over my head here - you used the power to prevent a lynch on D2 because of the valuable info that everyone's reaction would provide? Seriously, I am totally missing the point of this at all. Trying to call confused reactions based on a confusing play "valuable information" is a stretch.

All everyone KNOWS at this point (as Nolder mentioned) is that I had/have the power to clear a train.  As far as everyone is concerned I could be lying about everything else.

If I am, and am scum, I put myself on the line to save Hess -- either to try and keep a valuable role alive if Hess was scum or to try and buddy up with a townie if Hess was town.  Not exactly the best plan for a team already down one member (and up to the point I started all this Hess had 2/3 looking at him and I had 3 or so that had mentioned my name).

This makes me uncomfortable because you use language to try and diffuse the point Nolder made and I supported. Then you downplay it more. Very political. Not very Town.

I'm kinda at a loss on this one. I know you're a smarter player than this.

NP.  It's in the town's best interest for you to get to L-2, though.  L-2 and no further.

This is AVM slithering ar ound BEFORE Hess gets to L2.  Why is he so confident it's in the "towns best interest" when his supposed investigation isn't even triggered until Hess gets to L2?

ok my apologies for my lack of play...  a couple things I can tell you.

I am town, and JiF (unless he's a GF) is town.  I am not a doc.

AVM and Hess smell like dog sh-t and should be killed.

Crush and DPR should be destroyed...

Hold on let me make sure of something I think I caught btw Hess and AVM...  stay tuned.

I was actually playing and then I read this.

It was the sexual fantasy - come out of the closet comment, wasn't it?

I must be rusty as hell because I feel like there is something flying over my head here - you used the power to prevent a lynch on D2 because of the valuable info that everyone's reaction would provide? Seriously, I am totally missing the point of this at all. Trying to call confused reactions based on a confusing play "valuable information" is a stretch.

This makes me uncomfortable because you use language to try and diffuse the point Nolder made and I supported. Then you downplay it more. Very political. Not very Town.

I'm kinda at a loss on this one. I know you're a smarter player than this.

I'm not swearing at anyone in particular with this, but...

I don't ******* understand how difficult what I've said is to understand.  Just lynch me to vet me at this point, honestly.

I PUSHED getting Hess to L-2.  Does anyone realize how many votes Hess had at the time? 2.  Crush had just unvoted him this morning, so Hess had JiF and Pac on him.  This insane notion that I used my power to get heat off of Hess is just...insane.

I was actually playing and then I read this.

It was the sexual fantasy - come out of the closet comment, wasn't it?

Thanks for the commentary surrounding AVM's supposed awkward play.  His and/or your alignment should give us some info on the other.

This is AVM slithering ar ound BEFORE Hess gets to L2.  Why is he so confident it's in the "towns best interest" when his supposed investigation isn't even triggered until Hess gets to L2?

...the ****?

What kind of question is this?  If I am telling the truth (and while you don't have to believe that, you have to consider it as a possibility), getting Hess to L-2 gives the town an investigation, as I intended to use it on him.

I don't ******* understand how difficult what I've said is to understand.  Just lynch me to vet me at this point, honestly.

I PUSHED getting Hess to L-2.  Does anyone realize how many votes Hess had at the time? 2.  Crush had just unvoted him this morning, so Hess had JiF and Pac on him.  This insane notion that I used my power to get heat off of Hess is just...insane.

I have this funny feeling that lynching you is a baaaad idea. Call me crazy...

If your who you say you are you play lacks logic and finesse.  You sloppily used it on Hess when there was no strong indication on whether he was scum or town.  You'd have been better served to wait for a reveal before using what you claim you had.

Vote count:

Pac (3) – 80, Hess, Nolder

Ishy (1) – DPR

80 (1) – JC

AVM (3) – Verb, Pac, Leelou

Mish (2) – Crusher, JiF

Verb (1) – AVM

Not voting: Mish, Ishy

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline Thursday noon MST/3PM EST 

Get Mish to L-2, let me do my thing, then lynch me.  I'll even vote myself first.

Yes, I lied.  GFY's.  I planned on saving my second (and really only two) for the inevitable cop or doc counter claim or as a potential endgame play as I'd likely be there with seemingly no more role and just enough heat that scum wouldn't want to kill me.

But, you know, since I'm such a bad player and botched this just so horrifically that plan went up in smoke.

Or kill me now, idgaf tbh.  Not mad, just not going to keep saying the same thing over and over again when obviously no one agrees with my logic.

Archived