Lily's Angry Melons mafia game thread

Lily

Bah - there is zero reason for you to have feared being killed than the rest of us. And there are other roles out there, of if you knew there weren't, you would have waited until you found scum. Even if you did clear a player today, it would have been worth it to try and find scum tomorrow and then report both. Or at the least, report two Town players. You knew perfectly well that a claim like this would be called out. And I'm sitting here typing like an idiot while someone else is getting what they want... Great.

I'm off it. 

I hear what you're saying but I think it's a judgement call. He could end up being the equivalent to altered town cop this game. Would make me think twice about being so open to using the role so soon, but I'm not sure I'd have thought of it at the time in his shoes. 

I dunno. It's a pretty strong investigative role either way. Unless he's lying scum...however if you really play with that, WHY would scum come out like that to save another town so early. It would be about as risky a move as I could think of, very Wombyish as nasty good, in fact.  But very risky bordering on potentially retarded...if scum.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Nolder.  I can read.  You, on the other hand, have no reading comprehension skills whatsoever.

Notice how you still don't answer the question? Why is that?

Because you supposedly answered already? Any town knows that they may have to repeat information over time, it's not a big deal right?

Right?

Or maybe you don't want to make a definitive statement because you know there must be a Lie Detector out there.

Maybe that's why you came clean with your first lie, hoping that it wouldn't get checked if you just fessed up and played it off like you were holding out for the towns sake.

You're lying scum and I don't know why I even bothered unvoting you.

Unvote Vote AVM

Sorry, I was busy cooking dinner.

Vote count:

Pac (1) – 80

Ishy (1) – DPR

80 (1) – JC

AVM (4) – Verb, Pac, Leelou, Nolder

Mish (2) – Crusher, JiF

Verb (2) – AVM, Ishy

Crusher (1) - Hess

Not voting: Mish

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline Thursday noon MST/3PM EST 

What bugs me the most is AVM is playing fast and loose with this supposed power role.

I've seen him as cop or doc play very close to the vest and maneuver his way through the game deliberately.  The way he grandstanded and used theatrics to overwhelm the game during the Hess train doesn't jibe with the strategic thinker he's been in the past.

My closest guess to what we have going on is with Dap getting shat on the scum team was getting worried.  IF Hess is scum it makes sense for a scummate to make a drastic move to clear them to gain some extra time.  In the meantime you'd tell your 4th scummate to completely disappear.

As of right now I like AVM, Hess, and Mish/Crush as scum with honorable mention to Ish as SK.

Problems I have with the AVM situation:

The telegraphing his power made very little sense in the big picture.  Now, he is a night target and if he is town, we lost a powerful role or the risk of the doc now thinking they need to protect him exposing themselves to a NK.

Assuming he really does have this investigation power as well, it is possible Hess is GF and he just stopped his lynch.

Assuming Hess is just a vanilla townie, why telegraph your power, to save a roleless townie?  His lynch wouldnt hurt, in fact, I think it would extremely informative based on the way people joined the "trap" I set.

The fact that they've had this weird little back and forth all game long and then this mess involves the both just doesnt sit well with me.

The only real benefit we learned from this whole fiasco is that AVM, does indeed have the ability to stop a lynch.  

I dont like it, I'm tempted to vote him just because I dont like it, but I'm not quite sure what direction I think we should head.  Do we see if he has the power again?  Do we just continue with lynching Hess?  It could vet AVM and keep him around to use his power again.  Do we ignore the situation for the day, let scum deal with it at night and see if we cant find scum before the deadline?

The reality, this mess has been created by AVM and really, nothing beneficial has come from his decision to save Hess.

Caught up.  Sorry guys, I was working a baseball game last night.

Pac keeps trying to clear JiF.  Wouldn't he be a good candidate to run to L-2?  That would clear the both of them.  Just a thought. 

80 is completely MIA...rather have AVM determine his alignment more than anything else.

I also like the idea of running up someone inactive as JC points out here, such as Crusher.

Pac keeps trying to clear JiF.  Wouldn't he be a good candidate to run to L-2?  That would clear the both of them.  Just a thought. 

I also like the idea of running up someone inactive as JC points out here, such as Crusher.

Go for it... it's a waste of time but there's worse things than clearing 2 people.  And if AVM doesn't reset the vote count or says I'm scum then you've got him.

Or yourself.

I could be fine with running up Pac.  Seems very unnecessary to clear me, thats not a very Pac like move.  Could have been a gambit type move.  Try to clear me, seem townie, get me off him and on his side, etc.

JiF: Lynching Hess wouldn't tell us that much though. If AVM is scum and lying and Hess is town, then he'd know that Hess is town. If Hess is mafia, and not a godfather, that's a reason to down AVM. But I honestly don't see it as very likely. I dunno how you guys do gambits around here, but that seems like one of the stupidest gambits ever, with more or less guarantee for loss of at least one teammate.

You've created enough of a spectacle of yourself. If you are town by some weird chance, then sit back and don't add more confusion to it. If you are scum, by all means, keep pushing.

Wow this post is just pure gold "Shut up or we'll lynch you", basically.

Stop perpetrating some huge misuse of power. If I put myself in his shoes I probably worry I'm NK'd before I get to use it and do something similar early. 

FOS you all up and down. 

I agree with this.

You have. So what's the VC? 

I'm almost obliged to just vote whoever has the most votes. 

I really don't want to vote for Mish or Ishy....they both openly volunteered which makes me feel slightly better about both for the time being...

I really don't agree with this. You should know better than trust people simply because they volunteer for a lynch. I know I'm one of the people in question now, but still. Using only that was a town tell isn't good enough. I agreed with myself because I'm roleless and thus a good choice for the test. But if I was mafia I'd probably volunteer too; just to make people think that. Have you never heard of WIFOM?

Unvote

Vote Hess

Probably our best bet for info, and I obviously agree with what you said above. But I still hate to walk into a trap like that. I can just see the Hess/AVM victory shuffle when they make fun of us for falling for something so stupid.

When is the deadline? 

Sorry, I was busy cooking dinner.

Vote count:

Pac (1) – 80

Ishy (1) – DPR

80 (1) – JC

Mish (2) – Crusher, JiF

Verb (2) – AVM, Ishy

Crusher (1) - Hess

Deadline Thursday noon MST/3PM EST 

JiF: Lynching Hess wouldn't tell us that much though. If AVM is scum and lying and Hess is town, then he'd know that Hess is town. If Hess is mafia, and not a godfather, that's a reason to down AVM. But I honestly don't see it as very likely. I dunno how you guys do gambits around here, but that seems like one of the stupidest gambits ever, with more or less guarantee for loss of at least one teammate.

Wow this post is just pure gold "Shut up or we'll lynch you", basically.

I agree with this.

I really don't agree with this. You should know better than trust people simply because they volunteer for a lynch. I know I'm one of the people in question now, but still. Using only that was a town tell isn't good enough. I agreed with myself because I'm roleless and thus a good choice for the test. But if I was mafia I'd probably volunteer too; just to make people think that. Have you never heard of WIFOM?

I disagree with everything in this post. This looks like just like the clumsy execution of a QT that she really didn't take the time to digest. 

Unvote - Vote Mish

I'll wait to see a vote count and an AVM appearance before self voting but I guess it makes sense.  The problem I see is I'd still want to vote AVM or Hess because it could be a 2 time scum power to reset the vote count. 

that said...  If AVM is truly what he says he is and will become roleless then he shouldn't care that much if we vote him off..  He will have vetted 3 townies before going out..  a strong performance.

Really DPR; disagree with absolutley everything? Talk about lazy. How about point out exactly why you disagree with it instead so we can discuss it? You're just trying to paint me into an easy target without bothering to do the real work.

Unofficial Vote count:

Pac (2) – 80, JiF

Mish (2) – Crusher, DPR

Verb (2) – AVM, Ishy

80 (1) – JC

Crusher (1) - Hess

Deadline Thursday noon MST/3PM EST (4 hrs 45 mins)

Really DPR; disagree with absolutley everything? Talk about lazy. How about point out exactly why you disagree with it instead so we can discuss it? You're just trying to paint me into an easy target without bothering to do the real work.

I think I'll pass on that, thanks. Never trust anyone in a mask.

This post is indicative of sloppy play by a novice scum player. 

What a shame..  we could have made such sweet music, you and I.

Archived