SHARPER IS A VIKINGS AND GARICA IS NOW A LIONS

FoxJet

Vikings 2 starting safeties had 17 combined Int's in one season before Teddy arrived in 2004--1 made the Pro Bowl; the other just missed.

Now they seem to want scrap both for a seemingly washed up Sharper, who the Packers didn't even want?

Point?

When will the Vikings lame a$$ organization realize a terrible coaching staff, led by Mike "Patrick Star" Tice and Teddy Cottrell are the problems, not scapegoating once productive young players all the time :o

Sharper probably got a boatload from these clowns.

Vikings 2 starting safeties had 17 combined Int's in one season before Teddy arrived in 2004--1 made the Pro Bowl; the other just missed.

Now they seem to want scrap both for a seemingly washed up Sharper, who the Packers didn't even want?

Point?

When will the Vikings lame a$$ organization realize a terrible coaching staff, led by Mike "Patrick Star" Tice and Teddy Cottrell are the problems, not scapegoating once productive young players all the time :o

Sharper probably got a boatload from these clowns.

R44 I could not agree more- the Packers do not even have a safety on their roster now and they release Sharper-just shows how much they think of the guy.

$4 million bonus, is this a joke? He replaces a younger player that played in Pro Bowl in February of 2004 :roll:

DRob63, you are right, Cotrell ruined both Pro Bowl caliber safeties--always out of position.

Now he brings in Darren Sharper who looked washed up last season for huge money? I'd take Chavous any day over Sharper. At least Chavous can hit.

faba, some scouts say Mark Roman of the Packers was the worst starting safety in the NFL in 2004--hands down!

Then they let go of Jue and Hawthorne as backups?

What does that say about Sharper?

I mean who's even left at safety in free agency? Idris Bashir?

Even the "border-line starters" are scooped up--Marlin McCree, Rich Coady.

Maybe they grab one of the Vikings safeties? Both are better than Sharper and Roman, so it could to out to be a "trade of sorts".

Lions | Garcia Agrees in Principle to Join Team - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:10:12 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Detroit Lions have reached an agreement in principle with free agent QB Jeff Garcia (Browns). Terms of the deal were not immediately available.

TS, the owner, if approved, is more screwy than Tice, so I can see Teddy getting the job and ruining that team more than they already are!

Ever see Fowler's resume of lies he had to apolagize for--Never played in the NFL or CFL,never got a MBA, never played in the Little League World Series.

What a total joke...Now it looks like foreign investors have to bail out his bid.

Vikings are in sad shape.

What happening here, is Tice and the staff are using the liberal, small town sports writers to demonize the players, in order to deflect the attention away from them.

Tell some Minnesota stoodge writer that Corey Chavous sucks and Sharper is better, they lap it like stupid dogs.

No excuses for Teddy C Now. He has alot of talent on that defense.

Look at how many players declined under Teddy C last year. Both safeties, Kenechi Udeze looked lost, Chris Hovan became a complete scrub. The only guy who has advanced is Kevin Williams and coming out of college, He was the most technically sound defensive lineman in terms of technique.

I remember players on The Jets like Shaun Ellis saying that he got technique tips from his wife that helped.LOL.... Teddy and Carter did a horrific job with our defensive line.

Vikings are trying to change the personality of their team. Their front office has been very agressive lately. I'll give them credit for that and they've made some good draft choices the last few years.

It's a classic case of a coaching staff bringing in talent to camouflage their coaching deficiencies.

Archived