Bayern Treble!

SayNoToDMC

They just had a soccer game on at the bar. One Spanish guy was rubbing up on another Spanish guy and he started screaming and waving his hands in the air, and then there was a flag, followed by three slow-mo replays of the screaming. I can't imagine why this sport has never caught on in the US.

They just had a soccer game on at the bar. One Spanish guy was rubbing up on another Spanish guy and he started screaming and waving his hands in the air, and then there was a flag, followed by three slow-mo replays of the screaming. I can't imagine why this sport has never caught on in the US.

You're an alcoholic drinking at 2pm in the afternoon, I'm a passionate sports fan. That's why should learn to love soccer. World Cup is an excuse to get passionately drunk every afternoon

You're an alcoholic drinking at 2pm in the afternoon, I'm a passionate sports fan. That's why should learn to love soccer. World Cup is an excuse to get passionately drunk every afternoon

I was drinking at 2 and a passionate sports fan.  Your point?

I hate Bayern, but it is an accomplishment.  I wonder how a baseball equivalent would fair here in the US.

Manchester United did the treble in 99. And Ole put the ball in the Bayern net to clinch it too.

So nyaah.

Decent result for the US against (admittedly weakened) Germany today too.

Definitely a confidence booster for the US, but you'll never see that goaltender for Germany again and none of those where really first team players due to the season just ending. It was mainly people auditioning for a spot in the future. Still a second team Germany is better than just about anything they'll see in qualifying

Definitely a confidence booster for the US, but you'll never see that goaltender for Germany again and none of those where really first team players due to the season just ending. It was mainly people auditioning for a spot in the future. Still a second team Germany is better than just about anything they'll see in qualifying

The Germans that did play looked they wanted to get home as quick as possible. 

With a full National team, that game isn't even close.

The Germans that did play looked they wanted to get home as quick as possible. 

With a full National team, that game isn't even close.

The first team with Neuer in goal would have been ugly. I still expected US to get stomped so gotta be happy with the result if your a fan. Maybe Low was trying to do Klinsmann a solid.

The first team with Neuer in goal would have been ugly. I still expected US to get stomped so gotta be happy with the result if your a fan. Maybe Low was trying to do Klinsmann a solid.

All the guys from Bayern just played the other day, so they weren't available. 

I follow the German team pretty closely and I didn't recognize about half of the names.

Still, a great result for the US.

• 10 months later...

Jupp and Bayern bury Barcelona 7-0 last year in the semis cause they play that style of garbage, then they run and get a coach to bring it to Bayern. The only good thing about this is I think they myth of Guardiola and that style will both get thrown in the trash can of history after this year. 

That tiki-taka sh*te is dead. Been getting exposed in big game for years.

Ronaldo is one of the greatest ever. Keeps getting better, absolute machine.

I see you guys are hiring Van Gaal and he's looking to bring it some of the better players Pep has pissed off.

• 2 months later...

Archived