Leelou's Princess Bride Mafia signups

Leelou

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You stick to hanging out with a bunch of Irish meatheads who can't properly pronounce the 'ar' sound, and I'll stick with the Roc.

I just had a thought...  You, Verb, and that pig Wombat probably say I'm going to pahk the cah and wicked pissah..  holy crap lol.  What a bunch of idiots!

I have an Long Island accept, because I'm actually from NY.

Rhode Island born and bred. No Boston accent, although Leelou claims I have some sort of accent.

All regions have their own dialects. For instance, here in the Northeast we pronounce the words "which" and "witch" similarly where in the Midwest "greasy" rhymes with "easy" and in the South, there's very little difference between "ten" and "tin." The most distinguishing feature of the Boston accent is its non-rhoticity, but that part of it is falling away gradually as it is seen as a sign of a working class background. Sad really. I like it.

All regions have their own dialects. For instance, here in the Northeast we pronounce the words "which" and "witch" similarly where in the Midwest "greasy" rhymes with "easy" and in the South, there's very little difference between "ten" and "tin." The most distinguishing feature of the Boston accent is its non-rhoticity, but that part of it is falling away gradually as it is seen as a sign of a working class background. Sad really. I like it.

You have too much free time, dude.

Because you definitely have an accent. Whereas I really don't.

Everyone has an accent. Someone from the UK would probably consider you as having a significant accent. For the most part you sound like most people I know, but every once in a while you use a Southern turn of phrase. People who look down on certain accents are rather closed-minded imo.

Whatever. You and Hess are both playing. Vic is his ticket to the game. Someone has 4.5 hours to track down the Thundercat. 

<3

...CTM and slats too.

As always I miss Brett incredibly.

Slats has sworn it off, CTM retired, and I think Brett is super super busy.  He drops in every now and then.

please no Jet talk here. It's very depressing.

Aaaaand there goes my day. 

do u know fusion? Might need AVM.

Still too soon :(  mafia without Vic is like a cheeseburger without bacon.  Yeah, it's still a cheeseburger and YES Crush still loves it.

But everything is better with bacon (Vic)

It's as if a Viking banged a squirrel.

:rl:

Okay, I'm better now.

Everyone has an accent. Someone from the UK would probably consider you as having a significant accent. For the most part you sound like most people I know, but every once in a while you use a Southern turn of phrase. People who look down on certain accents are rather closed-minded imo.

I dated a Brit for over a year. All he did was make fun of me for using words like elevator and flashlight. 

So? I didn't notice any LoinGisland in your speech.

Yeah, my accent was thick when I was young. I worked in an Italian restaurant for a long time putting myself through college, and it got bad. As soon as I began working in a professional environment, I curtailed it, and it was easy to do because in each of the regions I've lived in I'd grown so aware of their accent and worked to imitate it, but then be able to turn it off and on. 

Thick accents make people sound ridiculously stupid. Especially men.

Archived