Pats Sign Tebow!

unbanmadmike1

Why would anyone in their right mind take Brady off the field in short yardage isn't he like perfect in 3rd or 4th and 1 situations?

That what I was thinking taking Brady off the field is a good thing for any team playing the Pats , I wonder what Brady thinks about tebow

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That what I was thinking taking Brady off the field is a good thing for any team playing the Pats , I wonder what Brady thinks about tebow

For all anyone knows Brady was part of the decision. He is at an age in life where he might want to take someone under his guidance.

Why not let Tebow In the game at the one yard line especially if you are up a touchdown or two. When you get into your thirties and forties things are a bit different, it's not going to "shake" his psychy like Sanchez.

No, it makes you awesome like me. You're also well versed in the Highlander which makes you a winner. I did a Sporcle quiz once of AMC's top 100 movies of all time. I got a zero because I spent the full 10 minutes thinking I had to be spelling The Highlander wrong.

oh god, I'm a huge loser. :suicide2:

For all anyone knows Brady was part of the decision. He is at an age in life where he might want to take someone under his guidance.

Why not let Tebow In the game at the one yard line especially if you are up a touchdown or two. When you get into your thirties and forties things are a bit different, it's not going to "shake" his psychy like Sanchez.

No hall of fame QB like being take off the field and the Pats took a QB last year in the 2 round , it not going to work  

Brady would be throwing a tantrum if he's taken out at the one yard line.  That's how he pads his stats.  Brady is deadly at the goaline on passing plays.

And your point on Brady is comical.  He's not taking anyone "under his guidance."  Brady is all about trying to win another championship before he gets too old.  Tebow has nothing to do with that because he has no appreciable role on a football team that would make the Patriots better.

But, we can all live in the fantasy world believing that Brady is going to mentor Tebow and be ok being taken off the field for a far inferior talent to lose an opportunity to score points considering Brady's ability to score within the redzone is astronomically higher than Tebow's.

You cannot see him playing safety?  ;)

Seriously, they will not pull Brady because he does not come off the field in blowouts.

He can be another tool.  The Patriots have used direct snaps to Woodhead and Faulk before that.  Tebow would seem a natural fit for this.

You know who would've been a good tool to have? Wes Welker.

But at least now Brady doesn't have to answer any more Welker questions since he'll have to answer all these Tebow questions.

Brady would be throwing a tantrum if he's taken out at the one yard line. That's how he pads his stats. Brady is deadly at the goaline on passing plays.

And your point on Brady is comical. He's not taking anyone "under his guidance." Brady is all about trying to win another championship before he gets too old. Tebow has nothing to do with that because he has no appreciable role on a football team that would make the Patriots better.

But, we can all live in the fantasy world believing that Brady is going to mentor Tebow and be ok being taken off the field for a far inferior talent to lose an opportunity to score points considering Brady's ability to score within the redzone is astronomically higher than Tebow's.

I disagree with the notion that Belicheck will magically control the Tebow circus. The circus has already begun. Every single sports outlet is covering this story. The story of an on the street 3rd string QB. Thats the power of Tebow.

The Pats have to open a portion of OTAs, minicamp, and training camp to the media. They are required to open their lockerrooms during the season.There is a stated NFL media policy. The number of media people there will probably triple.

Guarantee that there will be reporters at Tebow's locker every chance the media can be there, which would be unheard of for any othrr similarly situated player.

Wow, the Pats aren't worried about creating a quarterback controversy and ruining Brady's psyche?  That was the stupidest notion floated by the media and a lot of fans.  Sanchez's problems last year were created by the fact that he sucks, not by Tebow.  Tebow was a good soldier while he was here.  His biggest failing is that he just isn't a very good football player beyond the college level.

Giants Co-Owner Says Patriots’ Belichick Will Turn Tebow Into ‘Huge Asset’

'This Is The Well-Deserved Act III In Tim Tebow’s NFL Career'

June 11, 2013 6:40 AM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) —  Ladies and gentlemen, it’s Tebow Time once again.

Giants co-owner Steve Tisch told TMZ last month that he felt “badly” for Tim Tebow, the quarterback seemingly shut out of the NFL after being cut by the Jets: “Had another team picked him up after the Broncos, maybe he’d have a career. I think him going from the Broncos to the Jets was not in anybody’s best interest.”

Now Tebow is reportedly signing with the New England Patriots — and Tisch is singing a different tune.

“I think it’s great that Tim Tebow’s going to be an NFL player,” Tisch told the New York Post on Monday. “I think it’s really fantastic he’s going to be playing for a great owner and playing for a great coach.”

Tisch said Patriots coach Bill Belichick “will find a way to turn Tim into a huge asset.” Would it be a surprise with Belichick’s long history of successfully tweaking the Jets?

“This is the well-deserved Act III in Tim Tebow’s NFL career,” Tisch told the Post.

Used primarily as a personal punt protector on special teams in 2012, Tebow threw just eight passes, completing six for 39 yards. He also had 32 carries for 102 yards. The former first-round pick didn’t score any touchdowns and the Jets’ ballyhooed Wildcat offense was a bust.

The 25-year-old was even labeled by an anonymous Jets teammate as “terrible.”

Former Carolina Panthers quarterback Chris Weinke worked with the quarterback on his mechanics this offseason. He said Tebow has the goods to play the position in the NFL.

“Yeah, no question,” Weinke told USA Today. “Like I told Tim when I found out that he signed, ‘You’re locked and loaded, ready to go.’ “

Wow, the Pats aren't worried about creating a quarterback controversy and ruining Brady's psyche?  That was the stupidest notion floated by the media and a lot of fans.  Sanchez's problems last year were created by the fact that he sucks, not by Tebow.  Tebow was a good soldier while he was here.  His biggest failing is that he just isn't a very good football player beyond the college level.

Tebow would be a good NFL backup QB for 50% of the other NFL teams if not for the media circus that follows him. Tebow can run and NFL offense and win you a few games. The Pats will shut ESPN out and lock the gate before the nonsense even begins.

Assuming he makes the roster, I do believe Tebow will throw a few passes particularly vs the Jets.

Tebow will be trying to make the team as the third string QB. If he does make it, the Pats will try to coach him up to the level where either he or Mallet can be traded next year. Tebow's game is so wildly different from Brady's that I really don't see how they make making him the backup work. But, thankfully, he and his apostles are the Pats' problem now.

Or, maybe its because Mallet is in year three, and his contract is up after 2014. Tebow came as cheap as can be.  I would bet McDaniels thinks given a year that he can have Tebow ready to be a viable #2.   Then Mallet can be traded next off season before his contract runs out.

It gives them a year on the cheap to see if Tebow can be fixed.  With no preasure to think he will have to play at all this year.

He might spend some time on the practice squad. 

+1

And it's also floated by Sanchez, as we've found out through people he's whined to (Garcia & Keller).  I will find it un-amazing how Brady likely won't give a crap that Tebow is there; such is the way of things when one is not bothered by or worried about "competition" from a QB who can't throw.

With Tim Tebow, Patriots show desperation

June, 10, 2013
Jun 10

6:56

PM ET

By  James Walker | ESPN.com

The New England Patriots are set to take a step back offensively in 2013. They lost both starting receivers -- Wes Welker and Brandon Lloyd -- from last year’s group that led the NFL in scoring and replaced them with mostly unproven players and rookies.

New England also has huge question marks at tight end. Rob Gronkowski has had five surgeries on his arm and back since last November and may not be fully recovered for Week 1, and fellow tight end Aaron Hernandez also had major shoulder surgery and missed six games last season.

The Patriots signing quarterback Tim Tebow off the scrap heap isn't the answer to New England’s offensive woes. If anything, it shows an unexpected sign of desperation for a New England offense searching for answers.

This is yet another sign that New England’s run of Super Bowl appearances and NFL dominance is coming to an end. Future Hall of Fame quarterback Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick have made it to five Super Bowls -- winning three. But it looks more and more like last year may have been the Belichick/Brady-era Patriots’ final shot to win a fourth championship when they lost at home to the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC title game.

To put it bluntly, New England simply is not good enough to win a Super Bowl this year. Last year’s team was better, especially on offense. Brady, who will be 36 in August, is a year older and has less firepower. Adding Tebow to the mix doesn’t fix anything. It simply brings more media and a huge distraction, which is something Belichick usually tries to avoid.

And what exactly is Tebow’s role in New England?

Tebow is certainly not playing quarterback. Brady is clearly the franchise starter in New England, and I would take my chances with the strong arm of Ryan Mallett over the inaccuracy and poor mechanics of Tebow any day. Tebow is the No. 3 quarterback at best.

Would the Patriots really take Brady off the field to insert Tebow in a Wildcat package? Taking an elite quarterback like Brady off the field for any amount of plays is a huge mistake. Opposing defenses would love to see less Brady and more Tebow on a weekly basis. Would the Patriots be silly enough to oblige?

Maybe Tebow can play H-back or on special teams in New England. But that is nothing more than what he did with the New York Jets last year when things went awry. Is all of that worth the extra attention that Tebow brings? The Jets got their answer last year. Now, it's New England's turn to make the same mistake.

I do not see how adding Tebow makes the Patriots a better team. This is a franchise which prides itself on competing for championships. But New England took yet another step backward on Monday.

Tebow will be trying to make the team as the third string QB. If he does make it, the Pats will try to coach him up to the level where either he or Mallet can be traded next year. Tebow's game is so wildly different from Brady's that I really don't see how they make making him the backup work. But, thankfully, he and his apostles are the Pats' problem now.

if the pats couldnt get anything for mallet this past year with the sh*tty qb draft they will not get anything next year either. 

my $0.02

The Pats already sent out the "Get your Tebow jerseys now!" E-mails (according to Rovell). Zero chance he doesn't make the roster.

Zero chance they've made a final decision on him before seeing him firsthand.

Selling jerseys makes money whether he's there on opening day or not.

Zero chance they've made a final decision on him before seeing him firsthand.

Selling jerseys makes money whether he's there on opening day or not.

Going out on a limb here and saying that Belichick has a pretty firm handle on what Tebow can and can't do.

You like to pretend that there are some enlightened, responsible, analytical, smart people working in sports journalism, then you open up your Twitter feed on a day that there's a Tebow story and you find out that 98% of them are failed and embittered jocks with Microsoft Word.

Good Morning America this morning: **Tebow signed by Pats**..... 60 second of highlights, banter and (surprisingly) cynicism by Josh- "I'm sure this is the last you'll hear of this."....move on to Turkey riots...cue Josh cut in- "Oh and the Heat and Spurs are playing tonight in the NBA Finals"

I heard about Tebow about 15 times before 7:30 this morning, on multiple news outlets.

Kill me now

Testaverde: NE the perfect place for Tebow

June, 10, 2013

Jun 10

8:42

PM ET

By  Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Recommend1

Vinny Testaverde said he had "goose bumps" Monday when he found out Tim Tebow was signing with the Patriots.

Testaverde, a part-time quarterback instructor at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., held clandestine workouts with Tebow in April in the Tampa area. At the time, Testaverde talked enthusiastically about improvements Tebow had made with his mechanics.

Naturally, he was thrilled when he learned his fellow former Heisman winner -- and fellow ex-Jets quarterback -- would get a chance to re-start his career in New England.

"If I had to pick one team for him, it would be New England," he told ESPNNewYork.com. "It's for all the obvious reasons. [bill] Belichick is a great coach. Being around Tom Brady and learning how to be a professional quarterback, a drop-back quarterback in a proven system, it'll be great for him. Josh McDaniels drafted him in Denver. Being around people that believe in him, that'll be huge."

Testaverde said he didn't want to sound anti-Jets; he just believes Tebow is in the perfect place.

"I'm not saying he's going to light the world on fire, but he'll have a chance to show the improvements and strides he's made," Testaverde said. "This is great news. I'm glad he's getting another shot to show people he has improved. I would've been disappointed if he didn't get a chance. Despite what a lot of people say, I think he can be a top quarterback in the league."

Testaverde spent a week with Tebow, fine-tuning some of his oft-criticized mechanics. Mostly, they cleaned up his footwork. That, Testaverde believes, was the root of his accuracy issues. They also worked on anticipation, ball placement and how to throw certain routes. His hope is that Tebow can get some playing time in the preseason to "work on his craft."

Testaverde has a unique perspective because he played in the New York and Boston (briefly) markets, and he also played for Belichick, whom he believes won't allow Tebow Mania to take over the team.

"I've been in that locker room; they leave distractions outside," he said. "I mean, there will always be a lot of media coverage because of Belichick and Brady, but I don't think Tebow's presence will add to it. I don't think it'll be a circus, if you will."

Why Vinny  :(

Archived