Pats Sign Tebow!

unbanmadmike1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except when they play the Jets of course, I honestly hope he plays well just to shove it up fat boys azz for not giving him a chance last year.

I cant wait till Coples sends Tebow to heaven---you scared no-mind saps make me sick.

And the vultures circle.  Brady doesn't come off the field in the beginning of the 4th even if they're up 5 scores, no way in hell he's losing snaps to a cut-rate 3rd string QB.  If Tebow does anything positive, the game will be already out of hand.

This.  If he's on the field it's going to be at the same time as Brady as a running back who can sort of throw.  

Except against the Jets.  He's a lock to score at least twice.

And Randy Moss. And Wes Welker.

The best part? All of those signings led to zero championships. 

Ever since Belichick let the defense go to pot and built everything around Brady the Pats have won exactly zero championships. Don't really see how signing a gimmicky third down back changes anything. 

Nobody in their right mind seriously thinks the Pats are ******* stupid enough to actually take Brady off the field for Tebow, right?  I mean, you'd have to imagine McDaniels wouldn't be interested in getting himself fired right in the middle of a game.  The truth is that we're either hardly ever going to see Tebow on the field, as he'll be a plain old backup QB, or he's gotten over his little fit about only wanting to line up at QB, because for all those "OMG THE PATS MADE A MOVE SO IT MAKES IT GENIUS" nonsense some are so quick to spew, nobody is ever taking a HOF QB off the field for this guy.  Doing so would make opposing defenses a lot happier than it would worried, I promise you that.

I dont hate Tebow at all...but he just isnt an elusive runner...he isnt the type of athlete you should be going out of your way for to get him the ball.

Now, Sporano was dumber than a lightpole...but the Tebow we saw last year as a runner is basically what he is.

I dont hate Tebow at all...but he just isnt an elusive runner...he isnt the type of athlete you should be going out of your way for to get him the ball.

Now, Sporano was dumber than a lightpole...but the Tebow we saw last year as a runner is basically what he is.

That was Tebow +20 lbs. He looked plenty elusive prior to coming here.

And Randy Moss. And Wes Welker.

Actually, the Pats were trashed for the Welker move, as it was considered that they gave up way too much for some second-rate nobody off of a crappy offense.  The truth is that, with the exception of Moss, the Pats have had far more success with their under-the-radar type moves on less proven talent than they have on all of those supposed "big time" moves of guys of which they were supposed to turn around their careers.  They certainly got it right with Moss, but he's been used as the sole reason to suck the Pats off for every signing of a big-name player that the rest of the league wanted nothing to do with since then, and yet they've never duplicated that success.

I doubt even the Pats are expecting all that much out of the signing of a backup QB who is immeasurably worse than their current future-HOF starter.  Let's be honest, nobody would give a flying **** about this signing if it was a player with an identical resume not named Tim Tebow.

Nobody in their right mind seriously thinks the Pats are ******* stupid enough to actually take Brady off the field for Tebow, right? I mean, you'd have to imagine McDaniels wouldn't be interested in getting himself fired right in the middle of a game. The truth is that we're either hardly ever going to see Tebow on the field, as he'll be a plain old backup QB, or he's gotten over his little fit about only wanting to line up at QB, because for all those "OMG THE PATS MADE A MOVE SO IT MAKES IT GENIUS" nonsense some are so quick to spew, nobody is ever taking a HOF QB off the field for this guy. Doing so would make opposing defenses a lot happier than it would worried, I promise you that.

I don't think anyone other than Bayless is screaming that it's a genius move. I think people are viewing this in the same vein as signing Woodhead, and Jets fans specifically are having a little fun positing a similar result with Tebow in a Murphy's Law hypothetical.

That said, McDaniels was an awful head coach, but he's a great OC who happened to draft Tebow. Belichick spends time every offseason with Urban Meyer. If anyone is going to squeeze anything out of a Tebow sub-package, it'll be those two. Add to that the fact that Brady is old and hasn't been the same athlete since his Bernard Pollard knee-crush. There will be opportunities for Tebow on the goal line, and in short yardage.

Archived