Desmond Bishop to be released

unbanmadmike1

PERFECT Fit for the Jets. They should be all over him.

Why? We have our 2 starting ILBers.

Harris's money is guaranteed and he's not getting benched for Bishop.  I'm not Harris's greatest fan but he's not getting benched.  He's just not.  Next to Harris (or potentially swinging outside) you should want Demario Davis and his $500K/year contract to be the starter. 

GB was shopping him hard at the draft (allegedly) and no one offered up a conditional 7th rounder in next year's draft for him.  He may bounce back but unless Bishop is available after clearing waivers and is then willing to take backup money from a non-contender (the Jets), or is willing to take no bonus/guaranteed money so he's still cuttable before the season without penalty if he isn't all that, or unless Davis is showing to be a disaster in the making already, I'd pass on Bishop.  

You know Rex loves to rotate guys in and out and bishop is a terrific blitzer and in coverage. Ntm he probably isn't gonna get huge money.

Was.  

If GB was convinced he was going to be all that this year they'd be keeping him.  

He's not going to take low dollars from a non-contender to be a rotational guy.  He still thinks he's going to win the defensive MVP award this season.

Was.  

If GB was convinced he was going to be all that this year they'd be keeping him.  

He's not going to take low dollars from a non-contender to be a rotational guy.  He still thinks he's going to win the defensive MVP award this season.

I have a hard time thinking he's done at 28. Let him come in and compete, isn't that Idzik's MO? We know Harris is gone after this season so if they bring him in here and he plays well he can step right in for Harris next season.

for the right price i would want more than Muaga backing up davis/harris.  I am not even sure that davis is legit considering he could unseat bart even after we were out of contention last year.  Not saying we missed on him BUT would be nice to have a legit backup.

Meh.  He falls into the Tavaris Jackson mold.  He's cut?  WE NEED HIM NOW!  But we don't  not really.  Would he be a nice addition on the cheap?  Yeah.  But that could be said of any former starter that becomes available.  It's all about the numbers right now.  There will be no longterm signings with Idzik looking towards 2014 to make his mark. 

Meh.  He falls into the Tavaris Jackson mold.  He's cut?  WE NEED HIM NOW!  But we don't  not really.  Would he be a nice addition on the cheap?  Yeah.  But that could be said of any former starter that becomes available.  It's all about the numbers right now.  There will be no longterm signings with Idzik looking towards 2014 to make his mark. 

This is a silly comparison. Bishop, if he's healthy, is a pro bowl quality player. Jackson is a career 3rd string QB. 

Typical thread.  Kick the tires.  Check the money.  Can't be for or against a guy like this without knowing the $$

This. It would free up a lot to have our ILBers not count $15M/year anymore.  Even better if we could find someone in the draft.  We should have plenty of cap space next season, but I don't want to sign this guy for $5M+/year (let alone the $8M-ish per that was awarded to both Scott & Harris).  And I don't see him coming to the Jets for backup type money.  If he's willing to, that's great.  But I don't see that as likely to happen.

Archived