Nets hire Kidd

Bugg

http://deadspin.com/jason-kidd-hired-as-the-brooklyn-nets-head-coach-513025788

I dunno. Is this Mark Jackosn success or Mo Cheeks failure-a PG getting an HC job without any real coaching experience?Thing is a PG is kind of like a catcher in baseball; he has to know what everyon'es role is every night.  Really though it's more dependent on personnel than the coach.

This will not end well. Kidd will demand that Billy King goes out and gets his buddies around the league the same way he forced Rod Thorn to sign Alonzo Mourning and Rodney Rogers, etc. For as great as Kidd was on the court, he was an absolute menace off of it in terms of trying to dictate who his coaches and teammates were.

Kidd shot his way out of town at every spot spare the very end. But really how many of his buddies are even left, and consider the Nets have almost no cap room anyway. And it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if King were farmed out. Guy treats 1st rounders like singles in a strip club.

Kidd shot his way out of town at every spot spare the very end. But really how many of his buddies are even left, and consider the Nets have almost no cap room anyway. And it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if King were farmed out. Guy treats 1st rounders like singles in a strip club.

Kidd is subversive by nature, it seems. You can see him demanding a trade for a broken-down Nowitzki in two years, signing a guy like Tyson Chandler to a big-money deal, etc. Kidd isn't even a year removed from getting a DUI out in Montauk. I just don't understand what the rush was to give Kidd a job when you had Lionel Hollins and Brian Shaw out there. And Kidd is bringing along Lawrence Frank, as if Lawrence Frank can coach? His entire career is built on carrying Kidd's golf clubs.

how does a guy who beat his wife, has a pending DUI that could put him in jail for a year, and was known as a troublemaker behind the scenes have a head coaching job before patrick ewing!!??  

just because you are short it doesnt make you smarter than someone who is tall

how does a guy who beat his wife, has a pending DUI that could put him in jail for a year, and was known as a troublemaker behind the scenes have a head coaching job before patrick ewing!!??  

just because you are short it doesnt make you smarter than someone who is tall

nypost_300x250_blueprint_Box1.jpg

And I was getting all worried the Nets where going to be better then Knicks, lol

Carmelo Anthony is the Knicks coach and GM. Eat a dick, Knickie.

First of all Isiah is still the real GM....... You're going to have 2 point guards competing over which one can circumvent Billy King's authority best. You already had to pick up Joe Johnson who might be the NBA's worst contract to placate your overrated point guard and get him to sign an extension. You're just as ****ed, but hey maybe Brook will toughen up this offseason LOL

First of all Isiah is still the real GM....... You're going to have 2 point guards competing over which one can circumvent Billy King's authority best. You already had to pick up Joe Johnson who might be the NBA's worst contract to placate your overrated point guard and get him to sign an extension. You're just as ****ed, but hey maybe Brook will toughen up this offseason LOL

I'll settle for "just as f*cked."

For the most part Basketball coaches are generally worthless except in the playoffs and I cant see the Joe Johnson Nets really making much noise anyway. So whether its Kidd or anyone else I dont think it really makes a difference. The Nets did this strictly for PR purposes. Kidd is pretty much the only Net since Drazen for anyone to care about. As a fan Im happy to see him back in a Net uniform. 

The only issue is as Tom pointed out and thats if Kidd the coach slowly becomes Kidd the GM.  Kidd forced in some horrendous talent and then got all upset when they didnt sign off on Abdur-Rahim after he failed his physical. They did end up getting Carter to try to placate him but he wasnt really what Kidd was looking for and he never complemented Richard Jefferson to make it work. His push to fire Byron Scott probably cost the Nets a chance at the finals. Frank lost that Detroit series in game 6 and made a much better assistant on that staff doing all the late night film work. Scott had a better feel for game momentum and sub patterns. 

The one good thing going for the Nets is that Lopez is the kind of player Kidd probably always wanted. He was happy with Kristic but when Kristic got hurt it was all downhill. I think the team might still be paying off Mutombo. So I dont think hell push for a broken down Chandler or making a move for Chris Bosh once the Heat give up on him. Might he want an ancient Dirk?  Possibly. I have a feeling he sees Joe Johnson as D-Wills Vince Carter  and realizes there is nowhere on the team they can upgrade but PF which will be a run on older guys that might play for cheap. If Doc goes to LA Im sure he'll be pushing to find some crazy way to pick up Garnett's contract to play the 4. 

For the most part Basketball coaches are generally worthless except in the playoffs and I cant see the Joe Johnson Nets really making much noise anyway. So whether its Kidd or anyone else I dont think it really makes a difference. The Nets did this strictly for PR purposes. Kidd is pretty much the only Net since Drazen for anyone to care about. As a fan Im happy to see him back in a Net uniform. 

The only issue is as Tom pointed out and thats if Kidd the coach slowly becomes Kidd the GM.  Kidd forced in some horrendous talent and then got all upset when they didnt sign off on Abdur-Rahim after he failed his physical. They did end up getting Carter to try to placate him but he wasnt really what Kidd was looking for and he never complemented Richard Jefferson to make it work. His push to fire Byron Scott probably cost the Nets a chance at the finals. Frank lost that Detroit series in game 6 and made a much better assistant on that staff doing all the late night film work. Scott had a better feel for game momentum and sub patterns. 

The one good thing going for the Nets is that Lopez is the kind of player Kidd probably always wanted. He was happy with Kristic but when Kristic got hurt it was all downhill. I think the team might still be paying off Mutombo. So I dont think hell push for a broken down Chandler or making a move for Chris Bosh once the Heat give up on him. Might he want an ancient Dirk?  Possibly. I have a feeling he sees Joe Johnson as D-Wills Vince Carter  and realizes there is nowhere on the team they can upgrade but PF which will be a run on older guys that might play for cheap. If Doc goes to LA Im sure he'll be pushing to find some crazy way to pick up Garnett's contract to play the 4. 

The Spurs, who are hardly the most talented team in the league is giving Miami fits. Pop, without question is the best coach in the NBA.

Hell he just went on record saying the Euro guys work harder and are more coachable. Too many beta males in todays NBA...but Pop is the biggest reason the Spurs are still awesome. Coaching certainly matters. And generally the guys who refuse to put up with the sh*t todays AAU culture has created...tend to be the best coaches. Vogel's the next one up.

The fear with Kidd isn't the in-game coaching. I'm sure he'll handle that. It'll be when the Nets go on a three game slide and Fred Kerber is chiding Kidd for the third time in a day about how bad Joe Johnson is shooting. The entire sports world and associated media have treated Kidd like Ghandi since his Dallas title days. Now all that goes out the window. It'll be interesting to see if his ego can handle it.

The Spurs, who are hardly the most talented team in the league is giving Miami fits. Pop, without question is the best coach in the NBA.

Hell he just went on record saying the Euro guys work harder and are more coachable. Too many beta males in todays NBA...but Pop is the biggest reason the Spurs are still awesome. Coaching certainly matters. And generally the guys who refuse to put up with the sh*t todays AAU culture has created...tend to be the best coaches. Vogel's the next one up.

i was just saying to my friend last night that its not a coincidence that none of the Spurs "big 3" were born in the USA.......

Archived