Rex Threatens to Bring in New Receivers as Drops Continue

flgreen

Maybe they should have drafted a WR then since everyone on the planet know the ******* team needed at least one.

This I don't get.  It seems like many teams find some WR in the draft or through free agency.  Year in and year out.   They might not become stars, but at least they can play.  Look at the Steelers.  I wouldn't say they've had the best HOF WRs, but they've had plenty of guys year in and year out who helped them win.   And when a guy like Holmes or Burress or Wallace leave they seem to find somebody to replace those guys.   The Jets have't really had a damn WR for years.  I really don't know how thats possible after awhile.  Even with poor QBs, good WRs still put up stats.    Instead they get a guy like Hill who can't catch.

Yeah .... he can just stroll over the the Wide Receiver section at Walmart and pick up half a dozen or so new ones if the current band of schwanses doesn't improve. Solid plan Rex. Get to work on your D - it's going to need to be extremely effective to keep your job. 

I'm not sure what anybody can do.  You can work on routes, getting off the line quicker, physical strength, being aggressive,  not fumbling, being in the right position and so on,  but if you are in the NFL and can't catch a pass,   there really isn't much you can do. You just suck.    If you've been a WR for this many years and still can't catch, you probably will never be a guy who can just catch anything.   Everybody loves to say Hill is raw, but the guy can't catch.   After awhile you really have to accept the fact that he sucks.   Maybe he'll make a nice catch now and again, but if he's a guy you always hold your breath when a pass is thrown his way,  he's basically useless.

I agree there is a good chance that if you suck at catching a football now, you will probably always suck.

However, there is this thing where after a while the game "slows down" for the player, and they eventually "get it". So there's that.

This is Hill's last chance however.

Yeah .... he can just stroll over the the Wide Receiver section at Walmart and pick up half a dozen or so new ones if the current band of schwanses doesn't improve. Solid plan Rex. Get to work on your D - it's going to need to be extremely effective to keep your job. 

Yup. For this reason exactly, Rex is once again the "cool Dad" making empty threats, that nobody takes seriously. 

Yup. For this reason exactly, Rex is once again the "cool Dad" making empty threats, that nobody takes seriously.

Happens to every players' coach. Herm would try and talk tough with the team occasionally, then the team would look over at Kevin Swayne (who was too unathletic to even play specials) and Santana Moss (who ran out of bounds to avoid contact) and just kinda giggle.

Archived