Classic Lines from Famous Films or TV

Borgoguy

The other evening, my wife and I started mentioning great lines from classic movies.  Every great flick has at least one.  Thought it might be fun to list as many as we can or until we get bored, which might be pretty quick.

First line is an obvious one:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garry Marshall to Albert Brooks in Lost In America: "We're finished talking" 

LOL.  I love that flick.  

Brooks is one of my comedy idols from the 70s.  His early short films, some which appeared on the early days of SNL, inspired me toward screenwriting.

If you haven't seen it, check out Real Life from 1979.  So ahead of its time.

Just passing time, Zaius. Anyone is free to participate.

I'm guessing you don't like Father's Day.

You guess wrong. Father's Day is great.

I don't like your threads, they are redundant with each other. 

Totally disagree, Integrity.

I love Borgo's threads.  Most of the people on here are music fans as well as football fans, and Borgo does music threads better than anybody.  When he was here before he had the whole damn board talking about Marc Bolan.  Hell, we didn't even talk about Marc Bolan when Tyrannosaurus Rex was having hits-and here he's got everyone posting about them.

What's it to you?  Do we need some more "smart" threads?

I love Borgo's threads.  Most of the people on here are music fans as well as football fans, and Borgo does music threads better than anybody.  When he was here before he had the whole damn board talking about Marc Bolan.  Hell, we didn't even talk about Marc Bolan when Tyrannosaurus Rex was having hits-and here he's got everyone posting about them.

Thanks. I just thought listing famous movie lines would be fun. I have no problem with one of the mods 86ing the thread if folks object to it. I'm posting the clips because I find it interesting. I wish more people would post their favorites.

What's it to you?  Do we need some more "smart" threads?

No. We could use less lame threads about 40 year old pop culture though.

You are inadvertently proving my point, "nobody does music threads like Borgo". Yeah, he does a lot of music threads doesn't he? 

Thanks. I just thought listing famous movie lines would be fun. I have no problem with one of the mods 86ing the thread if folks object to it. I'm posting the clips because I find it interesting. I wish more people would post their favorites.

Interesting technique, going with the high-road first, followed by a double-dip on humble nice guy.

Sally.

Okay, post your old fart movie clips and get on with it. It's obvious you don't want to jab back, because you got banned on JI and can't bear the thought of not being able to babble about 40 year old pop culture here.

Interesting technique, going with the high-road first, followed by a double-dip on humble nice guy.

Sally.

Okay, post your old fart movie clips and get on with it. It's obvious you don't want to jab back, because you got banned on JI and can't bear the thought of not being able to babble about 40 year old pop culture here.

Just reacting honestly. I don't see anything to fight about. You don't dig the thread(s)? Fine. No one is making you post clips or

lines. I'm happy there is some participation.

Also, there is no reason you couldn't post lines from films and/or TV shows from a recent era.

Archived