Classic Lines from Famous Films or TV

Borgoguy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I'll elaborate... You start stupid threads in which you seem to be the primary participant.

I was going to contribute to the thread until you trolled it.

Several highly regarded posters have sided with Borgo on this.  I'm with him too.

His topics are unique, which is what brings flavor to this site.   

Several highly regarded posters have sided with Borgo on this.  I'm with him too.

Thanks, Jerry. I always try to add items at the beginning hoping to attract others into participating. It's only fun/interesting when a bunch of folks contribute.

***NSFW***

Totally disagree, Integrity.

I love Borgo's threads.  Most of the people on here are music fans as well as football fans, and Borgo does music threads better than anybody.  When he was here before he had the whole damn board talking about Marc Bolan.  Hell, we didn't even talk about Marc Bolan when Tyrannosaurus Rex was having hits-and here he's got everyone posting about them.

Exactly. On top of that his knowledge of the intricacy of food is downright mesmerizing at times.

Exactly. On top of that his knowledge of the intricacy of food is downright mesmerizing at times.

Thanks, Crush. Honestly, after all these years, it's impossible not to be derivative. These threads are like mental exercises for me. Much like doing puzzles, trying to think of stuff to post is an attempt to stem the onset of Alzheimer’s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9muj_Aey7c

LOL, wtf is a "highly regarded poster"? 

Here's some highly regarded advice... Nothing I did in this thread to bust Borgo's balls should keep you from posting in it. Quit sulking.

Shut up monkey. I like this thread. It good for me to get ready for work today. I talk to 40-79 people a day. This is like exercise for my bacon brain.

This thread is about lame quotes from old movies... what movie is this from?

Thanks, Crush. Honestly, after all these years, it's impossible not to be derivative. These threads are like mental exercises for me. Much like doing puzzles, trying to think of stuff to post is an attempt to stem the onset of Alzheimer’s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9muj_Aey7c

My wife wants me to take guitar lessons because it combines both side of the brains and she thinks it will keep my brain healthy.

Just doing my part to keep Bloviateguy in check. He has to hang around here full-time now, if we can't razz him for his pomposity what can we razz him for?

Just doing my part to keep Bloviateguy in check. He has to hang around here full-time now, if we can't razz him for his pomposity what can we razz him for?

Razzing one another is how we show love. I just honestly woke up this morning and started reading thru this thread and started laughing. This is not about razzing. This is about you being wrong about this single thread.

LOL, wtf is a "highly regarded poster"? 

Here's some highly regarded advice... Nothing I did in this thread to bust Borgo's balls should keep you from posting in it. Quit sulking.

I didn't take it personally. Again, I like that folks are interacting. You can't please everyone.

My wife wants me to take guitar lessons because it combines both side of the brains and she thinks it will keep my brain healthy.

You own a guitar? If so, there are a couple of YouTube teachers i would recommend. That way, you can find out if you like playing without all the expense and time of a private teacher.

Thanks, Jerry. I always try to add items at the beginning hoping to attract others into participating. It's only fun/interesting when a bunch of folks contribute.

***NSFW***

You should have made it harder, like best one-word quotes from movies or TV.

For example, my top 5 would be:

1. NORM!!! - bar crowd and audience in Cheers

2. Inconceivable. - Vizzini in Princess Bride

3. FREEDOM!!!! - William Wallace on torture table in Braveheart

4. RUDY!!! - the stadium crown in Rudy

5. ADRIAN!!! - Rocky

I didn't take it personally. Again, I like that folks are interacting. You can't please everyone.

You own a guitar? If so, there are a couple of YouTube teachers i would recommend. That way, you can find out if you like playing without all the expense and time of a private teacher.

Nor should you have.

Razzing one another is how we show love. I just honestly woke up this morning and started reading thru this thread and started laughing. This is not about razzing. This is about you being wrong about this single thread.

I'm never wrong. Just way ahead of the "realization" curve. - Fact

I've always had one rule about my threads: As long as it involves humor (successful or not) or spins the thread in a direction which spurs more folks to contribute, have at it. No offense is ever taken for derailing the thread.

As for having to hang around, that's not exactly correct. As I mentioned to Dom in another thread, every poster has a "shelf life". Fora while now, I've felt that I might be there are nearing it.

Here's a quote from my favorite movie: "GFY"

Watch it. You might be looking at a two year ban (place holder).

^^^ Not sure what that mess is, quoting fail?

Crusher's not banning me for a harmless GFY. But it gives me big smile to see you already nudging for it. LOL

I broke the link by mistake; tried unsuccessfully to fix it.

BTW, I don't know this new system. I can't use my posting toolbar, which is in shadow. Any idea how to fix it?

EDIT: No, that was not directed at you. To the other site.

I broke the link by mistake; tried unsuccessfully to fix it.

BTW, I don't know this new system. I can't use my posting toolbar, which is in shadow. Any idea how to fix it?

EDIT: No, that was not directed at you. To the other site.

No idea. Sorry. I just post in the "reply to topic" thing at the bottom of each thread. The multi-quote with this system is good.

Is that what they got you for over there, 2 years? Paulie did it? He changed a LOT after they made him mod. It's like they got rid of one nutball who wasn't responsible with authority and found a new one. Paulie came over here once mouthing off for no reasons, like he had to come piss on our carpets to mark his territory now that he's a mod there. It was sort of the company man routine, like he couldn't be sociable here and still loyal there. LOL

No idea. Sorry. I just post in the "reply to topic" thing at the bottom of each thread. The multi-quote with this system is good.

Is that what they got you for over there, 2 years? Paulie did it? He changed a LOT after they made him mod. It's like they got rid of one nutball who wasn't responsible with authority and found a new one. Paulie came over here once mouthing off for no reasons, like he had to come piss on our carpets to mark his territory now that he's a mod there. It was sort of the company man routine, like he couldn't be sociable here and still loyal there. LOL

Thanks. The "Reply to Topic" box is what I'm talking about. I must have done something. I'll PM Max.

I would really prefer to discuss my JI situation via PM. These JI vs JN threads never go well.

Thanks. The "Reply to Topic" box is what I'm talking about. I must have done something. I'll PM Max.

I would really prefer to discuss my JI situation via PM. These JI vs JN threads never go well.

Oh, you don't have to respond about it. I was just reflecting... on to your "lame movie quotes for old dudes to ponder" or whatever this thread is about. LOL

Here's what I thought was a great scene from a movie less likely to be brought up in this thread. The scene in Mr. Holland's Opus when he takes the kid to the former-student's funeral, the line... "he wasn't smart like you are, he had to work real hard... maybe that's why it mattered to him so much"

Universally relevant. A lesson the past 3 generations of slackers could have, and should have been raised knowing. 

No I don't own a guitar.  LOL

Archived