Classic Lines from Famous Films or TV

Borgoguy

You should have made it harder, like best one-word quotes from movies or TV.

For example, my top 5 would be:

1. NORM!!! - bar crowd and audience in Cheers

2. Inconceivable. - Vizzini in Princess Bride

3. FREEDOM!!!! - William Wallace on torture table in Braveheart

4. RUDY!!! - the stadium crown in Rudy

5. ADRIAN!!! - Rocky

Somebody already did freedom.

vote Ape

skimming not reading the thread

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to contribute to the thread until you trolled it.

Several highly regarded posters have sided with Borgo on this.  I'm with him too.

His topics are unique, which is what brings flavor to this site.   

This

I don't get the Borgo-mocity - glad he's back posting here and couldn't care less what happened with him at the other place.   

No idea. Sorry. I just post in the "reply to topic" thing at the bottom of each thread. The multi-quote with this system is good.

Is that what they got you for over there, 2 years? Paulie did it? He changed a LOT after they made him mod. It's like they got rid of one nutball who wasn't responsible with authority and found a new one. Paulie came over here once mouthing off for no reasons, like he had to come piss on our carpets to mark his territory now that he's a mod there. It was sort of the company man routine, like he couldn't be sociable here and still loyal there. LOL

It's not the reply or the multi-quote that is the problem.  The edit function blows donkey balls.  It was bad and now it's worse.  It's almost impossible to shorten something you've quoted without losing the quotes and you can't just add them back.  Bah.   

Haha. Paulie?  That's the guy with the Sinatra fetish?  I never bothered to find out who was a dick over there.  I post there sometimes, but the only guy I have a problem with is Warfish and that is just cause I don't like eyeballs. 

No I don't own a guitar.  LOL

Before you do anything like spending a small fortune on a guitar, tuner, etc., ask yourself if you really want to learn the instrument. Ifyes, find a small, reputable, guitar shop in your area (not Guitar Center).

Then, go in and talk to the owner about your goals. Most times, people buy guitars which are set up terribly and impossible to play, causing them to quit after a few weeks/months. You might even rent a guitar to see if you like to play.

This

I don't get the Borgo-mocity - glad he's back posting here and couldn't care less what happened with him at the other place.

What's up, NJ. You need to do a drum thread.

It's not the reply or the multi-quote that is the problem.  The edit function blows donkey balls.  It was bad and now it's worse.  It's almost impossible to shorten something you've quoted without losing the quotes and you can't just add them back.  Bah.   

Haha. Paulie?  That's the guy with the Sinatra fetish?  I never bothered to find out who was a dick over there.  I post there sometimes, but the only guy I have a problem with is Warfish and that is just cause I don't like eyeballs.

Dom, any idea why my "Reply to this Topic" toolbar is in shadow and does not allow me to use any of the functions, such as bolding, etc.?

I don't really have any animosity. Since I began posting online in 2007, I have only ever lost my temper when i feel someone has crossed the line and made it personal. I'm too much of an old guinea to let it go.

Before you do anything like spending a small fortune on a guitar, tuner, etc., ask yourself if you really want to learn the instrument. Ifyes, find a small, reputable, guitar shop in your area (not Guitar Center).

Then, go in and talk to the owner about your goals. Most times, people buy guitars which are set up terribly and impossible to play, causing them to quit after a few weeks/months. You might even rent a guitar to see if you like to play.

Actually I  have a very small shop 4 doors from the office that teach lessons.  I have know them for 10+ years.  But it's more something Mrs Crusher thinks would be good for me. Personally I would rather eat and listen to someone else play guitar.

What's up, NJ. You need to do a drum thread.

Dom, any idea why my "Reply to this Topic" toolbar is in shadow and does not allow me to use any of the functions, such as bolding, etc.?

I don't really have any animosity. Since I began posting online in 2007, I have only ever lost my temper when i feel someone has crossed the line and made it personal. I'm too much of an old guinea to let it go.

I have no idea.  I just hate. 

Actually I  have a very small shop 4 doors from the office that teach lessons.  I have know them for 10+ years.  But it's more something Mrs Crusher thinks would be good for me. Personally I would rather eat and listen to someone else play guitar.

I could email her saying that the first step in learning the guitar properly is to research and purchase a comfy lounge chair. Next would be to carbo-load to maximize hand strength and dexterity.

Was a tough choice between that line and this one for best line in Raging Bull @ 2 minute mark of vid.

http://youtu.be/eEerUa2tl6M

What a scene and performance by De Niro. The ultimate in defiance. I could watch that flick every day and find some aspect of Scorsese's genius that I missed.

I met Jake a few times in the 80s.  Super nice person always willing to talk about "the old days".

ATTICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took this one from that notorious police-basher Tom Shane.

Sure I stole it from him, but what's he going to do-call the cops on me? :biggrin:

Killing two birds with one stone, this also helps to quench Integrity's thirst for one-word quotes.

Peter O'Toole is one of my cinematic gods (sic).  If you have not seen it, his performance as a  film director in The Stunt Man is incredible.

There are so many classic lines in this vastly underrated flick.  But my favorite lies in his diatribe after an assistant director decides to call "cut" on his set. O'Toole: "In 22 seconds I could break your f**king spine...pinch your head off like a f**king insect..." 

EDIT:  ***NSFW***

Haha sorry just some dry humor to your OP as I snuck out of the office drained from being a cubicle monkey

LOl.  It's a good line anyway.

As for my wife, I'm lucky.  I married well. Together since 1982 and we still have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one-Sock it to me.  From Laugh In.

Couldn't find a good clip.

Actually, internet sources are giving credit for originating it to Respect by Aretha Franklin, (1967)-the chorus is singing it.  But Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels plainly sing it in Devil With A Blue Dress On, recorded in 1966, a year earlier.

I checked out Otis Redding's original Respect, (1965), and it sounds like, maybe, Otis whispered it under his breath during the fade out, but it's hard to know-it wasn't that audible.  Aretha was there at Otis' recording.

So I guess credit goes to Mitch Ryder, with Laugh In popularizing it.

Archived