Aaron Hernandez Charged With Murder: MERGED

Blackout

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oof. No sh*t. That's a tough nut

McCauley explained that Hernandez first met Lloyd when he began dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancée. The two went to Rumor, a Boston nightclub, on June 14, where Lloyd apparently upset Hernandez by talking to the wrong people.

Two nights later, Hernandez summoned two of his friends from Connecticut via a series of text messages, asking them to hurry up. After their arrival, a surveillance camera, 14 of which were in Hernandez's home, showed the football player holding a .45-caliber pistol, the weapon that is believed to have killed Lloyd.

Hernandez is then alleged to have told someone inside the home that he couldn't trust anyone anymore and the three men left in a rented silver Nissan Altima.The three men then picked up Lloyd at his home around 2:30 a.m. and drove him back to Attleboro. The discussion in the car worried Lloyd and he texted his sister to make sure she saw who picked him up.

"Did you see who I am with?" Lloyd asked at 3:07 a.m.

"Who?" Lloyd's sister asked 12 minutes later.

"NFL," Lloyd said at 3:19, four minutes later adding, "Just so you know."

As Lloyd sent his final text, the car pulled down a gravel road and traveled behind an industrial building, out of view of cameras. McCauley said that five shots were fired, including two fatal blows to Lloyd's chest.

Prosecutors did not say who shot Lloyd. The other two men were not identified.Minutes later, the Altima emerged from the industrial lot and traveled back to Hernandez's home.

McCauley said Hernandez's security footage shows him back at his home, holding a .45-caliber pistol, after the death. Shortly after, the cameras were shut off. 

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2013/06/aaron_hernandez_charged_with_m.html

Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was arrested and charged with the first degree murder of Odin Lloyd today.

The difference between first degree murder and other types of murder, such as second degree murder or voluntary manslaughter (sometimes referred to as third degree murder), is that first degree murder is willful and premeditated. The penalty for being found guilty of first degree murder in Massachusetts is a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

Hernandez, whose involvement in the investigation has been ongoing for over a week now, was also charged with carrying a firearm without a license, and two counts each of possession of a large capacity firearm and possession of a firearm without a valid ID card.

Hernandez was arrested this morning at his home, and not long after, was released by the Patriots. He was arraigned this afternoon, and he’s being held without bail.

According to NFL Network, the Patriots had decided to release Hernandez if he was arrested in connection with the investigation, no matter what the charges were, and that they had no prior knowledge of the charges.

Yes. Kraft needs money for his young hotness. That sh*t ain't free.

for a guy as image conscious as Kraft he sure doesn't care how he looks with a girlfriend who's not old enough to buy alocohol yet

Belichick on the other hand is probably mad because his teams best healthy receiver is gone and they take a huge cap hit

if found guilty, Aaron Hernandez will go down as the biggest scumbag in NFL history. He's probably a sociopath.  surpassing OJ.

It sounds like the evidence they have consists of 1. A piece of gum found at the scene, 2. A video tape showing Hernandez walking into his house, and 3. The victim's cell phone. Not especially lock tight.

I would imagine ballistics to follow.

Plus, you basically have prisoner's dilemma at this point.

Plus 4. Shell casings found in Hernandez's rental car that matches bullets in the victim, 5) video of Hernandez with the purported murder weapon before AND after the killing

To bad he went to Florida and not the U.  I hear they have a 3 credit course on cleaning up after your shell casings.

for a guy as image conscious as Kraft he sure doesn't care how he looks with a girlfriend who's not old enough to buy alocohol yet

Belichick on the other hand is probably mad because his teams best healthy receiver is gone and they take a huge cap hit

if found guilty, Aaron Hernandez will go down as the biggest scumbag in NFL history. He's probably a sociopath.  surpassing OJ.

Sorry, that dishonor goes to Rae Carruth. 

Funny you should mention that.

A few years ago I happened upon a message board where a whole pack of ladies were all posting about how Rae Carruth was being horribly treated by the press and justice system both.  They kept on coming up with explanations for  "Rae" and how he had to run from the cops and hide in that car trunk because the cops were out to get him-maybe kill him.

Holy crap! That could be the murder weapon, it looks like a Glock 21.I'm surprised this dumbass didn't shoot himself before hurting anybody else, holding his finger on the trigger like he's ready to fire.

That's a very old pic, he's holding a second gen iPhone. Probably took it at Florida.

the owners need to put this in the nfl players contract you get arrested this contract is void with the owner having the option to do it or not.

That doesn't sound right considering how easy it is to get arrest nowadays. How the system is now is totally fine. Not sure why it should be changed.

To bad he went to Florida and not the U.  I hear they have a 3 credit course on cleaning up after your shell casings.

Miami student-athletes have stayed out of trouble for the most part for the last decade. For those who have gotten in trouble, they have been removed from the team immediately, which is a rare practice in I-A football. And they boast one of the highest academic progress rates in the country among Division I schools (I believe in the top 10 for at least the last 4 years.)

This article is pretty poorly written and very hard to follow.  I'm also trying to figure out how you make an example out of someone who is innocent until proven guilty and if he is in fact found guilty, anything the NFL does will pale into comparison that the judge and jury will impose on him.

Even so, his point his spot on.  Goodell needs to grow a pair and put an end to all of this nonsense before it brings the NFL to its knees.  If convicted of 1st degree murder, or conspiracy to commit murder, obstruction of justice and the gun charges, he should receive a lifetime ban from the NFL regardless of what the courts do to him.  They need to make it clear to all players present and future that this crap will not be tolerated no matter how talented they are.

Nobody gives a **** if they're criminals as long as they play well. Aaron Hernandez will have zero impact on the perception of the league. Not one ticket will go unsold because of Aaron Hernandez. Nobody cares.

I disagree.  I think that many, perhaps most, don't care, but there are those of us who do.  If Goodell doesn't read the riot act to players and ban Hernandez indefinitely (if not permanently), then I will probably be done with the NFL.  I'm sick of this sh*t.

That doesn't sound right considering how easy it is to get arrest nowadays. How the system is now is totally fine. Not sure why it should be changed.

WTF? It's not easy to get arrested.  Many of us go through our entire lives and never get arrested or even come close to it.  By and large, only those with poor character and who behave stupidly thinking they're somehow immune or above the law get arrested.  Those of us who respect the law and who act responsibly don't get arrested unless the police screw up and arrest the wrong person.

WTF? It's not easy to get arrested.  Many of us go through our entire lives and never get arrested or even come close to it.  By and large, only those with poor character and who behave stupidly thinking they're somehow immune or above the law get arrested.  Those of us who respect the law and who act responsibly don't get arrested unless the police screw up and arrest the wrong person.

Or you make a mistake

This article is pretty poorly written and very hard to follow. I'm also trying to figure out how you make an example out of someone who is innocent until proven guilty and if he is in fact found guilty, anything the NFL does will pale into comparison that the judge and jury

will impose on him.

wtf r u? a goddamn patriots fan?:( wish tom brady wld murder sum1 besides the jets:) u able 2 understand that?

Remember the wise words of prophet Immortal Technique:

"you're a (bleep) incompetent killer like Rae Carruth" 

While his henchmen failed at the job, at least Carruth had a slightly better "motive" to kill someone than Aaron.  Not excusing murder obviously but killing someone for talking to people you don't like??  Shooting him 5x in the face and leaving him a half mile form your home???  this just makes NO sense....if he's guilty then it's clearly because he thinks he is untouchable.

* it just makes no sense but I guess that's what happens growing up outside of the evil ESPN campus in Bristol.  the satanic vibes of Skip Bayless effect the community  :biggrin:

I suspect that Hernandez might have warned Lloyd previously about not speaking to those people because he was afraid that Lloyd would tell them something he did not want them to know.  Not to apologize for any of this but I think Hernandez killed him because he thought there was an actual threat there.

Carruth's murder was far worse, killing the mother of his unborn child because he didn't want to pay child support.

I suspect that Hernandez might have warned Lloyd previously about not speaking to those people because he was afraid that Lloyd would tell them something he did not want them to know.  Not to apologize for any of this but I think Hernandez killed him because he thought there was an actual threat there.

Carruth's murder was far worse, killing the mother of his unborn child because he didn't want to pay child support.

i guess it comes down to what is the real truth behind Aaron Hernandez killing this guy (if that is what happened...which i bet it is).  Carruth's murder can at least be seen as a passionate murder with a motive....Hernandez killed some guy who was dating his girlfriends sister.  Hardly going to ever effect Aaron in his entire life if he just cuts him out of his social circle instead of killing him.

WTF? It's not easy to get arrested

Must be something your not expose to living in "High Point". But you'll be surprise how easy it is to spend a night in jail. The list is end list.

Many of us go through our entire lives and never get arrested or even come close to it.

You guys should all get a special buses to heaven.

Those of us who respect the law and who act responsibly don't get arrested unless the police screw up and arrest the wrong person.

That's factual wrong as in some cases the police may abuse their power and arrest someone that's non deserving in regards to staying a day or two in the bookends. If you think others wise then you have to get out the box for sure.

i guess it comes down to what is the real truth behind Aaron Hernandez killing this guy (if that is what happened...which i bet it is).  Carruth's murder can at least be seen as a passionate murder with a motive....Hernandez killed some guy who was dating his girlfriends sister.  Hardly going to ever effect Aaron in his entire life if he just cuts him out of his social circle instead of killing him.

Yeah.. lol... that could of been the more reasonable thing to do. But hey who care's ? Killing isn't the most extreme thing he could of done, he could of pulled a Big Ben. LOL. 

but that's actually fortunate for us one of their tight end's has been released and is probably going to jail 25 + and the other destroyed his back reenacting Wrestlemania 23 

Let's see if our rookie safeties can catch a break.

Even so, his point his spot on.  Goodell needs to grow a pair and put an end to all of this nonsense before it brings the NFL to its knees.  If convicted of 1st degree murder, or conspiracy to commit murder, obstruction of justice and the gun charges, he should receive a lifetime ban from the NFL regardless of what the courts do to him.  They need to make it clear to all players present and future that this crap will not be tolerated no matter how talented they are.

If he is convicted of 1st degree murder, banning him from the NFL is dumb because he'll be in his 60s or later if he ever gets out.

Archived