Aaron Hernandez Charged With Murder: MERGED

Blackout

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

red flag is one thing.but a known latin king gang member? maybe kraft assumed that hernadez was a "good" gang member instead of a member of a known ruthless criminal organization that is frequently involved in murder.i believe that is the point that borgo is trying to get across to you.

He failed to make that point.

Listen, get what you are saying, but to imply 1.) that it's Kraft's fault, as if the real person accountable for making the draft pick wasn't Bill is silly, and 2.) you can't say in hindsight after Hernandez kills someone, "oh, he was in a violent gang they should have known he'd kill someone".

I disagree. I think an NFL franchise probably would have assumed, "he'll leave that life behind, we made him a star". Like I've said a couple times already, you can't just sniff out a sociopath. It's not as obvious as you all are making it sound in hindsight, and it is 100% Hernandez fault, not Kraft's or any of the rest of the Patriots organization.

I can guarantee you that AH was not the only active player with gang ties. Teams gamble against red flags in hopes of getting production and not a sociopathic killer. It's an unfortunate circumstance, but absolutely NOT a circumstance where the team "should have expected it" as has been implied. To say that demonstrates sensationalism, and a bias or agenda against the Pats.

In their defense, there is no way they could have stopped AH from being a monster. We can barely per-empt this stuff throughout the rest of our society, you are dreaming if you think an NFL franchise is equipped to screen for sociopaths.

It's really kind of pathetic that I have to explain this.

I don't think so.  There's gangs in Seattle I'm sure.   This wasn't a good kid who was influenced by bad guys.  He is the bad guy

Agreed but gangs aren't like making new friends. Everything is tied to his hometown gang in Bristol, CT. Yes, he's certainly a bad guy no matter where he'd live but I'd have to think he would have been better left far away from his homies.

Adam Schefter   26m  .

Boston PD has located red SUV with RI plates it was looking for as identified in July 2012 homicide. Aaron Hernandez rented it.

TV / Radio Personality 

Give it long enough, I'm sure Hernandez will be implicated in the Boston bombing.

e0db71a8-f66c-440c-88a7-95b422c3dc6a_Her

This is a pic of Arron Hernandez last few minutes as a free man look at the facial expression! like

oh chit......whats that stuff, was that reefer coming from behind his ear? 

He failed to make that point.

Listen, get what you are saying, but to imply 1.) that it's Kraft's fault, as if the real person accountable for making the draft pick wasn't Bill is silly, and 2.) you can't say in hindsight after Hernandez kills someone, "oh, he was in a violent gang they should have known he'd kill someone".

I disagree. I think an NFL franchise probably would have assumed, "he'll leave that life behind, we made him a star". Like I've said a couple times already, you can't just sniff out a sociopath. It's not as obvious as you all are making it sound in hindsight, and it is 100% Hernandez fault, not Kraft's or any of the rest of the Patriots organization.

I can guarantee you that AH was not the only active player with gang ties. Teams gamble against red flags in hopes of getting production and not a sociopathic killer. It's an unfortunate circumstance, but absolutely NOT a circumstance where the team "should have expected it" as has been implied. To say that demonstrates sensationalism, and a bias or agenda against the Pats.

In their defense, there is no way they could have stopped AH from being a monster. We can barely per-empt this stuff throughout the rest of our society, you are dreaming if you think an NFL franchise is equipped to screen for sociopaths.

It's really kind of pathetic that I have to explain this.

. I might be wrong here, but I don't think anyone is saying that it is krafts fault for aaron hernandez's murderous acts.obviously, its not. and while I agree with you about other players having gang ties and teams taking a flier on them with hopes they stay away from the chaos, there is more to hernadez story than that. hernandez has been getting questioned by the police since he was a kid.assaults and murders.are you trying to tell me kraft,worldly well respected, did not hear about his years growing up in Bristol, questioned about murder in fla.,or that he was a suspect in a double murder last year? or how about the fact that he never hung out with team mates, just his buddies back home. the patriots knew what hernandez was all about. they took a gamble,and well before things finally blew up, the patriots saw the writing on the wall with this kid.he was not a member of the state street boys or the 13th avenue posse,he was a member of a notoriously violent nationwide gang.all I am saying is the gamble was way too risky for "the patriot way"

Bristol is right near Hartford.

Turn on the Hartford news and at least four days a week the opening story will be yellow police tape around the place where there was another shooting.

As of a year ago-I don't watch Hartford news much anymore-there were three warring gangs in Hartford.  So if one gang takes out a a member of a rival gang, that member's gang has to retaliate, and it goes back and forth predictably except there are three gangs so that multiplies the shootings/counter shootings highly.  Of course, a certain amount of these involve innocents-usually children-who just happen to in the line of fire.

The Latin Kings are one of the gangs, not sure of the other two.

3rd man sought in slaying of associate of former Patriots player Aaron Hernandez

By Travis Andersen, Globe Staff

Authorities are searching for a third suspect in connection to the slaying of 27-year-old Odin L. Lloyd, calling Ernest Wallace, 41, “armed and dangerous.”

In a statement, the Bristol District Attorney’s Office said that Wallace is wanted on a charge of accessory after the murder of Lloyd, a 27-year-old Dorchester man who was allegedly shot to death by former Patriots player Aaron Hernandez on June 17.

Wallace has a “very heavy build” and was last seen driving a silver or gray Chrysler 300 with a Rhode Island license plate of 451-375, police said.

Anyone who spots Wallace is asked to call North Attleborough police at 508-695-1212.

The statement did not list a hometown for Wallace, and North Attleborough police and the Bristol District Attorney’s Office had no comment beyond the advisory.

David Procopio, a State Police spokesman, said that Wallace is most recently from Connecticut, and the section of the advisory that mentions “active felony warrants in Massachusetts” refers to the Lloyd case only.

Wallace also goes by the names “BO” and “Fish” and has ties to Connecticut, Georgia, Florida, and Massachusetts, according to the statement. The advisory did not detail Wallace’s alleged role after Lloyd’s death.

At his arraignment Wednesday in Attleboro District Court, Hernandez pleaded not guilty to murder and five firearms-related charges.

Carlos Ortiz, a 27-year-old man who lives in Bristol, was arrested Wednesday in Connecticut, waived extradition, and now faces charges of carrying a firearm without a license in Attleboro District Court.

Procopio said late Thursday that Ortiz had not yet been returned to Massachusetts.

“That is expected to occur soon,” he said.

Globe correspondents Haven Orecchio-Egresitz and Derek J. Anderson contributed to this report. Travis Andersen can be reached at tandersen@globe.com. Follow him on Twitter @TAGlobe. 

This is what I was explaining earlier in the thread, to Boregay:

NFL security chief: Criticizing Patriots is 20/20 hindsight
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 28, 2013, 6:57 AM EDT
hernandez5.jpg?w=250Getty Images

The Patriots have taken some criticism in the last couple weeks, as stories about Aaron Hernandez’s checkered past have led to questions about why New England drafted him, and why the team gave him a $40 million contract extension last year. But the man who oversees the NFL’s security department says that criticism of the Patriots is unfair.

NFL security director Jeff Miller told Alex Marvez of FOX Sports that no issues the league or the teams knew of with Hernandez suggested that he could be a murderer.

That’s a difficult criticism to make of any club,” Miller said. “It’s hard to predict how a young man is going to perform and mature. Certainly there are players who have been drafted where teams know they are taking a calculated risk. Sometimes, the risk is greater than others. Hindsight is always 20/20 in a situation where a player gets into serious trouble and people say, ‘See, I knew this was going to happen.’ Even though I’m sure there are a lot of clubs that have concerns about certain players going into the draft, if those players are drafted, the teams try to work with them through their player engagement and security personnel to take the steps necessary to prevent the kinds of things that can cause big problems to a player and a team.”

Teams always want to take the steps necessary to prevent big problems off the field, but in the case of Hernandez, Miller thinks a first-degree murder charge is something no one could have seen coming.

The rental car mystifies me.  Was Hernandez worried about the hassle of having to clean blood out of his own car?

Nah.

He's an avid anti smoker.  No one smokes in Aaron's car.  Second hand smoke is very bad stuff. 

Do you know how much smoke is created when you do a ride by killing?

red flag is one thing.but a known latin king gang member? maybe kraft assumed that hernadez was a "good" gang member instead of a member of a known ruthless criminal organization that is frequently involved in murder.i believe that is the point that borgo is trying to get across to you.

I thought he was a Bristol Blood?  

But even with the casings who pulled the trigger and from what weapon ?

And can they find 12 retarded patsie bandwagoners to convict ? I bet he walks

Will Pats fans be for him or against him?  He's not on the team anymore.  

I hang out with all the gangsters in new england

Those aren't gangsters.  Those are kids in gangs.  I think most of the gangsters are in Providence. 

No, I kinda get it. wasted potential is pretty hard to watch.

Story of my life and you're right.  It sure hasn't been pretty. 

I think a great many of you have lost sight of just how violent football is as a game.  There is a level of anger, violence and reckless disregard for your own safety that generally means you end up you have angry disaffected kids looking for a meaning to their lives and with very little expectation of a long and prosperous life.  They generally do not have a high regard for human life or the health of others.  Sort of the same demographic as gang members.  There is no reason that a football player has to be a violent gangbanger, but it sure isn't a surprise.  

This is what I was explaining earlier in the thread, to Boregay:

So you're going to spin this as not being personal again?  This is the third or fourth thread where you have taken this aggressive posture with me.  Just admit that you're shilling for someone else and I can at least regard you as an insect.  

Guys, I haven't been back on JN very long, so please bear with me.  I don't want to fight or derail this thread, but simian dildo keeps instigating.  

I've never had a stalker before.   I have no idea if "Integrity" is a respected poster here or held in any regard other than as a self-aggrandising troll.  I remember the guy as a foppish "Dr. Zaius", who was run out of JI for being a tool and semi-closeted.

So, what's your opinion of the Integrity?  

Apparently there are those who believe that the Patriots' curse of Bernard Pollard continues, as he was the last player to tackle Aaron Hernandez, in the AFC Championship game.  Some think that means you can add him onto the list of Brady, Welker, Gronkowski and Ridley.  This guy isn't messing around, huh?

Apparently there are those who believe that the Patriots' curse of Bernard Pollard continues, as he was the last player to tackle Aaron Hernandez, in the AFC Championship game.  Some think that means you can add him onto the list of Brady, Welker, Gronkowski and Ridley.  This guy isn't messing around, huh?

We should have signed him when we had the chance.

So you're going to spin this as not being personal again?  This is the third or fourth thread where you have taken this aggressive posture with me.  Just admit that you're shilling for someone else and I can at least regard you as an insect.  

Guys, I haven't been back on JN very long, so please bear with me.  I don't want to fight or derail this thread, but simian dildo keeps instigating.  

I've never had a stalker before.   I have no idea if "Integrity" is a respected poster here or held in any regard other than as a self-aggrandising troll.  I remember the guy as a foppish "Dr. Zaius", who was run out of JI for being a tool and semi-closeted.

So, what's your opinion of the Integrity?  

Here, on JN, it is common practice to take someone's name and change it to say something homo-ish. For example, many call me Ape... and then change it to Gaype. Tomshane = tomgayne. JIF = JIF.

Nothing personal ... which is why I (and others) don't break down into a blubbering crybaby mess over it.

Like I said earlier, I only chimed in to dispute your statements about Kraft - something even the head of NFL security agrees with my position on, which you have taken another opportunity to ignore.

I started goofing on you when you made it clear you weren't going to back up your own statements, and instead opted to make comments about my character. So, despite you saying "you don't want to derail" you quite honestly are doing whatever you can to NOT discuss the topic with me, and instead flailing about and crying victim.

FYI it does NOT work to your favor to start telling stories about who got banned and why... LOL

Hahaha, that's awesome.

I don't think so.  There's gangs in Seattle I'm sure.   This wasn't a good kid who was influenced by bad guys.  He is the bad guy

Not necessarily.

A gang's not a country club, you can't just join and leave whenever you want.

If he's not a bad guy (he might be, probably is, but we don't know 100%) and just still mixed up with the wrong people, he's not really far away enough to get away from them. You're right that he might somehow join a gang in Seattle, but it's less likely. If he's not a bad guy, it's a shame he didn't use his resources - his own money, a franchise that is invested in him, local police, etc... - to help him get away from his old life.

On the other hand, if he IS a bad guy, he's lucky he wasn't drafted by, say, Dallas or Houston, where he'd be facing the death penalty.

Third suspect in Hernandez murder case arrested in Florida

By Sports staff

Published: 28 June 2013 02:32 PM

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) -- Massachusetts State Police say a man sought in connection with the murder case against former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has been arrested in Florida.

State police say local officers captured Ernest Wallace early Friday afternoon in Miramar in south Florida.

Authorities revealed Thursday night that they were seeking Wallace. They he was last seen driving a silver Chrysler with Rhode Island tags, and on Friday they said the car had been found.

Hernandez is charged with murder in the slaying of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough, Mass. He has pleaded not guilty and is being held without bail.

A third man arrested in Bristol, Conn., in the case is being sent to Massachusetts.

Not necessarily.

A gang's not a country club, you can't just join and leave whenever you want.

If he's not a bad guy (he might be, probably is, but we don't know 100%) and just still mixed up with the wrong people, he's not really far away enough to get away from them. You're right that he might somehow join a gang in Seattle, but it's less likely. If he's not a bad guy, it's a shame he didn't use his resources - his own money, a franchise that is invested in him, local police, etc... - to help him get away from his old life.

On the other hand, if he IS a bad guy, he's lucky he wasn't drafted by, say, Dallas or Houston, where he'd be facing the death penalty.

Hernandez old gang was the Bristol Blood, according to reports at least.    

It isn't like he was right in the neighborhood with his old hommies, they were like 125+- miles away.  On the night he murdered Lloyd he called his boys to drive about 2.5 hours to help him kill the guy.  This wasn't a case of he was being influenced by his old buddies, he called them.  I'm also willing to bet he did the execution. 

As far as a street gang not being like a country club, perhaps not, but people who are predisposed to join street gangs will seek out individuals with that same mentality.   They might not exactly be the same gang, but there are Blood every where.

If you think Hernandez is just a misunderstood kid, if he ever gets bailed out, take a midnight ride with him and perhaps you can straighten him out.  Or maybe not

:)

Archived