Aaron Hernandez Charged With Murder: MERGED

Blackout

and now he'll never walk the streets again 

i hear he doesn't even have radio where he is right now

We'll see.

Right now they have a ton of circumstantial evidence on him, but nothing physical. Or the murder weapon.   It was mentioned that a piece of chewed gum was found at the scene.  Same kind he stopped to purchase before they picked Lloyd up.

If the found chewed gum has his DNA on it.

Game over

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ex-teammate Branch 'shocked' to learn of Hernandez arrest Sunday, June 30, 2013  By: Karen Guregian

To this point, current Patriots players have kept mum about former teammate Aaron Hernandez, and his being charged with first-degree murder in relation to the death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd.Deion Branch broke the silence.In today's Albany Herald, Branch spoke openly about the tightend, a person he can't believe would commit such a crime.

The wide receiver, who is currently a free agent, didn't back down from his opinion of Hernandez.''Aaron is a great guy and a great feind of mine and a great teammate,'' Branch said via the Herald. ''I love him to death, and it was shocking to hear his name involved in this situation. I truly hope and pray he doesn't have any dealings with it

.''Branch and Hernandez often engaged in the locker room. They smiled and laughed. They were friends. While Matt Light has come out and indicated he "never believed in" anything Hernandez stood for, Branch sounded just the opposite.''That's my guy, man,'' Branch said of Hernandez. ''That's my guy. It really shocked me. He was a great kid. Overall, I hope the best that he isn't involved with it and I hope he gets his name cleared, but most importntly, I send my prayers and condolences out to the Lloyd family.''Funeral services for Lloyd were held yesterday.

Ultimately, Branch believes justice must be served, and those who committed the crime, must pay.''Nobody deserves to walk, whoever the person is that did it,'' he said. ''Most of all what we as Americans need to understand is that is somebody's child that was a victim. That's somebody's dad, and my prayers and thoughts go out to his family and hope that they bring whoever did this to their child to justice, regardless of who it is.''

- See more at: http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/06/ex_teammate_branch_shocked_to_learn_of_hernandez_arrest#sthash.wvAi6Odn.dpuf

Rae Carruth hired a hitman.

Still think Rae is still the slime leader

Slimier yes, by far. But this dude is just s stoned cold "Scarface" kinda killer. One thing to hire someone to kill somenody. Nother thing to call your homeboys drive a dude to a secluded spot and blow him away. Eye to eye. FRIGID

Slimier yes, by far. But this dude is just s stoned cold "Scarface" kinda killer. One thing to hire someone to kill somenody. Nother thing to call your homeboys drive a dude to a secluded spot and blow him away. Eye to eye. FRIGID

Yeah, but Carruth hired a guy to kill his GF who was carrying his unborn son because he did not want to pay child support. 

While Hernandez' crime is despicable, setting up his GF to be killed and leaving his unborn son motherless and dealing with the affects of his early birth for his life is for more despicable.

Yeah, but Carruth hired a guy to kill his GF who was carrying his unborn son because he did not want to pay child support. 

While Hernandez' crime is despicable, setting up his GF to be killed and leaving his unborn son motherless and dealing with the affects of his early birth for his life is for more despicable.

"far more despicable"?  who are you to judge who's life was worth more?

Aaron Hernandez jerseys selling big on eBay

By Brian McIntyre | Shutdown Corner – 44 minutes ago..

Aaron Hernandez jerseys are selling well on eBay (USA Today Sports Images)

Less than two hours after Aaron Hernandez was arrested last Wednesday, the New England Patriots released the 23-year-old tight end and removed his No. 81 jerseys, as well as all memorabilia related to Hernandez, from their online store and the team's pro shop at Gillette Stadium. The Patriots' quick actions to disassociate themselves from Hernandez, since charged with first-degree murder in the killing of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, will continue this upcoming weekend with a jersey exchange program at the team's pro shop that will allow fans to freely trade in their Hernandez jersey for another one of comparable value.

Not all of those who have purchased a Hernandez jersey will take advantage of that program. They may have purchased the jersey at a retail outlet other than the team's online store or pro shop. They may live out-of-state or will be out of state this weekend, the end of a popular vacation week.

There are some individuals are looking to take advantage of Hernandez's jerseys no longer be available for purchase by placing the items on Internet auction sites like eBay, where they have become hot items, reports Billy Baker of the Boston Globe.

According to Baker, John Lamothe, a Patriots fan from Florida, put his jersey on the auction site with the thought that it would maybe fetch $15. The item sold on Sunday for $289. One seller listed their Hernandez jersey with a starting price of 99 cents "because we just want it the *bleep* out of this house". On Monday morning, the jersey had received 36 bids and was up to $207.50.

"I can’t think of any reason why people would want it," said Lynn L’Heureux of Oxford, whose $100 Hernandez jersey was up to $127 on eBay as of Sunday. "They might think it will go up in value later on, and maybe it will, but I’m not interested. I just don’t want it in my possession. I want to use the money to buy a jersey that reflects my pride in the Patriots."

We can't imagine that there would be anyone purchasing a Hernandez jersey with the intent of wearing it at Gillette Stadium this season. Those buying these jerseys are likely collectors looking to sell these memorabilia items for potential sales in the future. We also suspect that Hernandez's No. 85 jerseys, the number he wore during his rookie season before moving to No. 81 when the team acquired Chad Ochocinco from the Cincinnati Bengals, will be worth more down the road.

Hernandez items for sale on eBay are not limited to jerseys. One fan is selling a football that Hernandez autographed. The seller, who placed a giant "X" over Hernandez's signature, is donating 50 percent of the proceeds from the sale to the One Fund Boston.

Aaron Hernandez Live Blog: Hernandez’s Name Not Listed on NFL.com’s Alphabetical Active Player Listby NESN Staff on Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:52AM

Share this: FancredEmail  

Aaron Hernandez Blog

9:52 a.m.: Aaron Hernandez’s statistics are back up on NFL.com. However, his name is not listed on the site’s alphabetical active player list.

Monday, July 1, 9:20 a.m.: Apparently Aaron Hernandez jerseys are big sellers on eBay. We’re not exactly sure what kind of human being would want a Hernandez jersey, especially for the kind of money they’re selling for. Probably the kind of person that buys something off eBay and then fails to give feedback.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk brought up a good point of discussion today. Prosecutors have said all three men who were with Odin Lloyd in the car on the night of the murder are in custody. The three names that have been released are Hernandez, Carlos Ortiz and Ernest Wallace. One would assume that those are the three men who were in the vehicle with Lloyd, but the prosecutor hasn’t specified that.

After Hernandez’s arraignment, many assumed one of the people in the car must have ratted on Hernandez because they had details that could not have been known from security footage or text messages. It would make sense for police not to release that person’s name.

Wallace, who was the third person captured, was originally listed as an accessory after the fact. He voluntarily turned himself in on Friday in Florida.

10:47 a.m.: While current members of the New England Patriots haven’t said a peep about Aaron Hernandez, Deion Branch expressed his thoughts to the Albany Herald.

“Aaron is a great guy and a great friend of mine and a great teammate,” Branch said. “I love him to death, and it was shocking to hear his name involved in this situation. I truly hope and pray he doesn’t have any dealings with it.”

Though the evidence against Hernandez looks damning, Branch is taking the innocent-until-proven-guilty approach.

“That’s my guy, man,” Branch said of Hernandez. “That’s my guy. It really shocked me. He was a great kid. Overall, I hope the best that he isn’t involved with it and I hope he gets his name cleared, but most importantly I send my prayers and condolences out to the Lloyd family.”

Recently another former Patriots, Matt Light, said he “never embraced — never believed in — anything Aaron Hernandez stood for.”

9:53 a.m.: The Hernandez situation didn’t affect the way last week’s rookie symposium was handled, according to The Boston Globe.

“This case speaks for itself,” Troy Vincent told The Globe. “I literally have to spend no time on it. Our focus here this week has been about one thing — giving these young men hope.”

The Hernandez case wasn’t ignored, but it also wasn’t heavily discussed.

The murder investigation is affecting the way teams research prospective players, according to the National Football Post. Teams have discussed bringing in “staffers expert in digital technology” to do further digging.

9:41 a.m.: According to TMZ, police have a theory for why Hernandez allegedly murdered Odin Lloyd. TMZ’s sources say police think Lloyd knew secrets about the tight end that could have destroyed the relationship with his fiance and his NFL career.

Police reportedly think that Lloyd “mouthed off” to Hernandez about the secrets, including Hernandez’s involvement with drugs and past violent incidents. TMZ’s sources say police don’t believe Lloyd tried to extort Hernandez.

9:19 a.m.: Families and friends of the victims of a double murder in July 2012 told the Boston Herald that Safiro Teixeira Furtado and Daniel Jorge Correia did not know Aaron Heranadez, who has been investigated for the shooting.

Hernandez reportedly got into a fight with the two outside a Boston nightclub. An SUV pulled in front of Furtado and Correia’s car as they were leaving and sprayed bullets into the vehicle. A third victim was injured, while two men got away unharmed.

“Whatever they got caught up with, it’s something that just happened at the moment,” Jose Centeio, who employed Furtado and Correia at his cleaning business, said. “That’s the sad thing about it.”

12:58 p.m.: Aaron Hernandez is not receiving any preferential treatment in jail, according to TMZ. The staff at Bristol County House of Corrections has been instructed not to take photographs or ask for autographs from Hernandez. They have also been told not to give any special food or privileges to Hernandez.

Hernandez has made no special requests, according to TMZ’s source.

8:51 a.m.: The Patriots tell Ben Volin of The Boston Globe that they didn’t know Aaron Hernandez would be charged with murder before they cut him on June 26. They said they expected Hernandez to be charged with obstruction of justice but were “taken aback” when he was charged with murder.

In the same piece, Volin goes over the Patriots’ cap figures over the next two years. They were able to void all of Hernandez’s remaining guaranteed money but will still carry a $2.55 million cap figure in 2013 and $7.5 million in 2014. The Patriots will look to lower that salary cap number since Hernandez violated league rules, according to the Globe.

8:30 a.m.: The Boston Globe has some new details in today’s paper. Two weeks before Alexander Bradley said Aaron Hernandez shot him in the face, Bradley was arrested for drunk driving. Hernandez was in the car at the time.

According to the Globe, a state trooper noticed a black yukon SUV stopped on the highway at 2:20 a.m. on Jan. 28. When the trooper pulled up, the Yukon went “swerving violently over the right two lanes and shaking the entire vehicle,” according to a police report.

The SUV reached 105 mph in the chase before it stopped near Exit 8 in Quincy, when Hernandez yelled out the front passenger side window, “Trooper, I’m Aaron Hernandez — it’s OK.” Bradley failed sobriety tests and told police he had been drinking at Cure, the same nightclub where Hernandez reportedly got into a fight before a double murder in 2012.

0:45 p.m.: With the arrest of Ernest Wallace in Florida earlier today, Bristol County District Attorney Sam Sutter says he believes that all three men in the car at the time of Odin Lloyd’s murder are now in custody, according to FOX 25.

3:27 p.m.: More details have come out from the lawsuit that Alexander Bradley filed against Aaron Hernandez. Bradley claims that Hernandez shot him in the face on Feb. 13. A civil lawsuit was filed against Hernandez on June 13, four days before Odin Lloyd’s body was found.

Bradley said that Hernandez left him to die, according to USA Today. Bradley was found in an alley bleeding from his face and hand. Bradley lost his right eye in the incident and had to undergo multiple surgeries.

Bradley was taken to a West Palm Beach, Fla., hospital and was uncooperative with police. The case was listed as inactive.

The Palm Beach County Sherrif’s Office told USA Today they will restart an investigation without cooperation from Bradley.

2:04 p.m.: Ernest Wallace has been captured in Miramar, Fla., according to Massachusetts State Police. They confirmed he was wanted in connection to the Aaron Hernandez case.

Wallace was listed as an accessory after the fact of the murder of Odin Lloyd. He was also connected to the Chrysler 300 that police found early this morning. Hernandez reportedly rented the car to help his accomplices leave the state. The car was found one mile from where Carlos Ortiz was living.

12:19 p.m.: The car was found in a Bristol, Conn., apartment complex parking lot, according to Lowery. It had been in that lot since Friday or Saturday, according to the report. The complex is located one mile from where Carlos Ortiz lived. Ortiz was arrested on Wednesday in connection to the murder.

Hernandez rented the car the day after the murder so his two accomplices could get away.

12:08 p.m.: A car linked to the North Attleboro murder has been found, according to Wesley Lowery of The Boston Globe.

Lowery reports that the car was rented by Hernandez for two other men to get away. The Chrysler 300 was connected to Ernest Wallace, who police are searching for as an accessory after the fact of the murder of Odin Lloyd.

Wallace is still at large. He was not found with the car.

i guess it comes down to what is the real truth behind Aaron Hernandez killing this guy (if that is what happened...which i bet it is). Carruth's murder can at least be seen as a passionate murder with a motive....Hernandez killed some guy who was dating his girlfriends sister. Hardly going to ever effect Aaron in his entire life if he just cuts him out of his social circle instead of killing him.

Remember the wise words of prophet Immortal Technique:

"you're a (bleep) incompetent killer like Rae Carruth"

While his henchmen failed at the job, at least Carruth had a slightly better "motive" to kill someone than Aaron. Not excusing murder obviously but killing someone for talking to people you don't like?? Shooting him 5x in the face and leaving him a half mile form your home??? this just makes NO sense....if he's guilty then it's clearly because he thinks he is untouchable.

* it just makes no sense but I guess that's what happens growing up outside of the evil ESPN campus in Bristol. the satanic vibes of Skip Bayless effect the community :biggrin:

"far more despicable"?  who are you to judge who's life was worth more?

Apparently, you f'ing dumba$$.

Why do I get this odd feeling that the case against Hernandez, really is not so good.

They need to place him at the murder scene.  Not just his vehicle.   If the gum has his DNA on it, that does it.   If one of the other guys talk, which I think they will, because I think Hernandez was the shooter. 

If one of the other guys was just along for the ride, when the prosecutors start talking life in prison, or 18 months for an accessory after the fact, they won't be able to shut one of them up.   Just my opinion

Carruth is a disgusting murderous coward. Hernandez is a stone cold contract killer. Football was a distraction that funded his behavior. Of all the guys on the Pats this is the guy they might guess if ever asked.

They need to place him at the murder scene.  Not just his vehicle.   If the gum has his DNA on it, that does it.   If one of the other guys talk, which I think they will, because I think Hernandez was the shooter. 

If one of the other guys was just along for the ride, when the prosecutors start talking life in prison, or 18 months for an accessory after the fact, they won't be able to shut one of them up.   Just my opinion

They convict people even though they never recover the body.

If the sequence of events ESPN layed out with texts, GPS pings, security cam recordings, Odin's own texts and such are true, it seems like a pretty strong case. 

I think if it was indeed a weak circumstantial evidence case, the judge would have agreed to bail.  Hernandez would still be a Patriot.

Then again, OJ was looking pretty guilty.

Really, we're arguing which murderer is worse now?

This is the kind of sh*t you get from lowlifes.

Tell that to the various lawmakers, judges and courts across the land.    Even as you read this, Jodi Arias is undergoing a second trial in her murder conviction process-one that determines if the murder she was found guilty of was so bad that she deserves the death penalty for it.

We've come across this before in famous trials-whether the state calls it "special circumstances" or something else-where degrees of badness for the first degree murder are considered by the court.

If courts routinely consider degrees of badness-worse and worst if you will-why can't we consider the same thing on this discussion group?

Tell that to the various lawmakers, judges and courts across the land.    Even as you read this, Jodi Arias is undergoing a second trial in her murder conviction process-one that determines if the murder she was found guilty of was so bad that she deserves the death penalty for it.

We've come across this before in famous trials-whether the state calls it "special circumstances" or something else-where degrees of badness for the first degree murder are considered by the court.

If courts routinely consider degrees of badness-worse and worst if you will-why can't we consider the same thing on this discussion group?

I understand there are "special circumstances" and there's self defense, and impairment, and other things.  Neither of these cases seem to fall under any of those categories...

Do any of those people post here? Because I only wanted to "tell it to" the people that post here. TBH

Patriot fans are hoping he'll be found innocent and they can resign him

In this mythical world where not only is he found innocent, but he also isn't run out of the league anyway in spite of that, thanks to the court of public, why in the hell would he ever want to go back to the Patriots?  I think it's safe to say this make-believe loveable-good-guy version of Hernandez would want nothing to do with them ever again given the current series of events.

Patriot fans are hoping he'll be found innocent and they can resign him

LOL, that would be something.

Right after the innocent verdict, Pats fans have visions of Hernandez driving straight from the court room to the Foxboro weight room.  :D

I understand there are "special circumstances" and there's self defense, and impairment, and other things.  Neither of these cases seem to fall under any of those categories...

But these are people convicted of first degree murder that the courts are judging degrees of badness by.  If the court judged impairment or self-defense was involved in the act, it would be second degree murder or manslaughter that would be the charge.

Do any of those people post here? Because I only wanted to "tell it to" the people that post here. TBH

Never know, there might be former jury members at murder trials or even judges posting here.  Don't know any personally, but maybe.

The thing is, I don't think it's any indicator of bad character to contemplate or discuss degrees of badness for even heinous crimes.  I have seen more than a few columns in newspapers discussing who was worse from a mass murder standpoint-Stalin or Hitler.  Nobody seemed to be upset that the columnists wrote their opinion about it.  Why would anyone be upset at a discussion of two first degree murderers, (assuming Hernandez is guilty)?

LOL, that would be something.

Right after the innocent verdict, Pats fans have visions of Hernandez driving straight from the court room to the Foxboro weight room.  :biggrin:

and Tom Brady gives him a big hug 

Well we don't really know Hernandez actually destroyed the security tape. 

Some of these cleaning crews you hire, they just have to clean out everything-the bedrooms, the kitchen, the shelves, the security recording system.....

Three Men Arrested After Aaron Hernandez’s Name Causes Fight in Connecticut Dinerby Luke Hughes on Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:30PM

Aaron Hernandez, DJ HernandezAaron Hernandez is stuck behind bars on a murder charge, but he’s apparently still causing fights.

A case of mistaken identity led to a brawl in a West Hartford, Conn., diner over the weekend, and the former Patriots tight end was the subject of the mix-up, according to the Hartford Courant.

One man shouted “Hey, Aaron Hernandez” across the diner around 3 a.m. on Saturday, which may have been directed at Aaron’s older brother D.J., who was also at the restaurant early Saturday morning. The comment infuriated a few men sitting with the elder Hernandez, stirring up a verbal battle and resulting in physical altercation.

A woman was punched in the face and pushed to the floor while two of the men involved were on their faces during the scuffle, according to police. Three men were arrested and each was charged with third-degree assault, breach of peace, and third-degree criminal mischief. Two of the men told police DJ Hernandez was sitting with them in the diner but he was not involved in the fight.

DJ Hernandez was a football star at the University of Connecticut (2004-2009) and was the head football coach at nearby Southington High School in 2010. He now works as an assistant coach with the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Have a question for Luke Hughes? Send it to him via Twitter at @LukeFHughes or send it here.

Report: Aaron Hernandez Moved Into Solitary Confinement, Is ‘Doing Very Well’ in Jailby Alison Smith on Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:39PM

Aaron HernandezAaron Hernandez is going to have plenty of time to himself in jail.

The former New England Patriots tight end was moved into solitary confinement Monday, according to a report from TMZ. Hernandez was moved from the medical ward to a “Class 2″ jail cell where he is isolated from the general population.

“The reason for this move is simply to protect him,” Bristol County Sheriff Tom Hodgson said. ” We wouldn’t want some inmate trying to get any notoriety by attempting to harm Aaron Hernandez.”

In Hernandez’s “Class 2″ setup he is allowed three hours per day outside of his cell, with access to a phone, yard for fresh air, and the common room. Hernandez won’t be able to follow along with media reports of his case, though, because there are no TVs in the common room or in Hernandez’ cell.

“Having just met with him earlier again after his evaluation, and for a man who has gone from 7,000-square-feet to a 10×7 cell, he is doing very well and seems to be taking the situation great,” Hodgson said. “He is very respectful and calm. Also to this point he has had no special requests.”

Hernandez will stay in his current unit for at least a week pending a reevaluation of the situation.

Archived