Aaron Hernandez Charged With Murder: MERGED

Blackout

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was all just too hard to believe before, being that he went from Urban Meyer's Sunday School to the NFL's standard bearer in class. I don't know how this one slipped through the cracks. I'm just glad the patriots did the Nobel and classy thing by cutting this guy who will never play again.

C'mon

Guys gonna be come back player of the year next season

C'mon

Guys gonna be come back player of the year next season

I hope it's in Rahway State Prison (or whatever the equivalent is in Mass. or CT.  If he's found guilty (and I think he is at this point) hope they lock him away for life.

https://twitter.com/AaronHernandez

i wonder if he'll ever tweet again lol

It's funny, you just don't think of murderous gang members tweeting.

They usually want as few people as possible paying attention to what they're doing.

I remember one famous homicide in New York where a gang came in and killed the whole family plus a young teenager  the family didn't even know.  The cops were trying to figure out what his connection was.

They finally did.  When the gunmen went up to the apartment to kill the family, this kid just happened to walk past the assasins in the hall so they brought him into the apartment to kill him with the others so the gunmen couldn't be identified.  (They eventually were caught).

It's funny, you just don't think of murderous gang members tweeting.

They usually want as few people as possible paying attention to what they're doing.

I remember one famous homicide in New York where a gang came in and killed the whole family plus a young teenager the family didn't even know. The cops were trying to figure out what his connection was.

They finally did. When the gunmen went up to the apartment to kill the family, this kid just happened to walk past the assasins in the hall so they brought him into the apartment to kill him with the others so the gunmen couldn't be identified. (They eventually were caught).

I assume you're not familiar with worldstarhiphop

Here's The Letter That Helped Get Aaron Hernandez Drafted By The Pats

Before the 2010 NFL draft, Aaron Hernandez and his agents wrote a letter to Patriots personnel executive Nick Caserio, assuring him that if the Patriots drafted Hernandez they would not have to worry about him smoking weed while playing in the NFL. It was Hernandez's alleged marijuana use while at Florida that sent him tumbling down NFL draft boards. Here's the full letter, via the Boston Globe:

Dear Mr. Caserio,

I am writing in regards to some of the feedback I am receiving from my agents, Florida coaches, and other personnel. These sources have indicated that NFL teams have questions about my alleged use of marijuana. I personally answered these questions during the pre-draft process, but understand that NFL teams want to conduct thorough due diligence before making the significant financial investment inherent in a high draft pick. I have no issue with these questions being asked, but thought that it made the most sense to communicate with you directly regarding this issue so you would not have to rely upon second-hand information.

Any information I volunteer to you about my past will be looked at with great skepticism as I am trying to get drafted as high as possible by an NFL team. As such, I thought that the best way to answer your questions and your concerns was to make a very simple proposition. If you draft me as a member of the New England Patriots, I will willfully submit to a bi-weekly drug test throughout my rookie season (8 drug tests during the 2010 regular season). In addition, I will tie any guaranteed portion of my 2010 compensation to these drug tests and reimburse the team a pro-rata amount for any failed drug test. My agents have explained that a direct forfeiture provision in my contract along these lines would violate the CBA rules. However, I have instructed them to be creative in finding a contract structure that would work on in the worst case scenario, I would donate the pro-rata portion of any guaranteed money to the team's choice of charities. My point is simple — if I fail a drug test, I do not deserve that portion of the money.

I realize that this offer is somewhat unorthodox, but it is also the only way I could think of to let you know how serious I am about reaching my potential in the NFL. My coaches have told you that nobody on our Florida team worked harder than me in terms of workouts, practices or games. You have your own evaluation as to the type of impact I can have on your offense. The only X-factor, according to the reports I have heard, is concerns about my use of recreational drugs. To address that concern, I am literally putting my money where my mouth is and taking the financial risk away from the team and putting it directly on my back where it belongs.

In closing, I ask you to trust me when I say you have absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to me and the use of recreational drugs. I have set very high goals for myself in the NFL and am focused 100% on achieving those goals. So, test me all you want during my rookie year ... all of the results will be negative while I am having an overwhelmingly positive impact on the field.

Good luck with your preparations for the NFL Draft and feel free to contact me or my agency (Athletes First/David Dunn) with any questions.

Sincerely,

Aaron Hernandez

University of Florida

Earlier today, Patriots owner Robert Kraft had this to say about Hernandez: "If this stuff is true, then I've been duped and our whole organization has been duped." I don't know, Bob. I didn't see any promises about not getting charged with murder in that letter.

[boston Globe]

so kraft wants to stand on his 20 year legacy on what a great owner he is

after spygate, everyone keeps their job

as many arrests as most other NFL teams

what exactly are you referring to krafty ?  nobody thinks the hardware is legit, we all remember you cheated to get it

what a tool

Carlos Ortiz's attorney: Aaron Hernandez's brother is link

Kevin Manahan, USA TODAY Sports 1:51 p.m. EDT July 9, 2013

Story Highlights

Ortiz's attorney said "a good possibility" Ortiz and Hernandez's brother knew each other from days as HS athletes

According to Sanchez, Ortiz's friend, Ortiz hung out with Hernandez often at his mansion

Prosecutors say Ortiz is one of the two men Hernandez summoned to help him kill Lloyd.

ATTLEBORO, Mass. – Carlos Ortiz, charged as an accomplice in Aaron Hernandez's murder case, knew the former New England Patriots tight end through Hernandez's older brother, Ortiz's attorney said Tuesday.

John Connors, a Fall River attorney appointed by the court to defend Ortiz, said it would be "a good possibility" that Hernandez's brother, D.J., and Ortiz – both 27 -- knew each other from their days as high school athletes in Bristol.

A person with knowledge of the case said D.J. Hernandez and Ortiz played basketball together when they were high school freshmen. The person asked for anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on Ortiz's behalf.

D.J. Hernandez is the tight ends coach for the University of Iowa.

When Ortiz was arrested, he and D.J. Hernandez were Facebook friends, and Cesar Sanchez, who said he was a friend of Ortiz's, told USA TODAY Sports that Ortiz said "he went to the mansion to hang out" with Aaron Hernandez often. He was referring to Aaron Hernandez's residence in North Attleborough.

Sanchez added: "He never told me anything he did over there. He just told me he used to go up there and just hang out with him. That's it."

Sanchez said he didn't know how long Aaron Hernandez and Ortiz have known each other, but when asked how they had met, he said, "They're both from Bristol and know the same people."

Ortiz has been charged with possession of an illegal firearm.

On Tuesday, with Connors at his side, Ortiz agreed to be held without bail until Aug. 14, when he will appear in court again -- although it isn't certain whether the hearing will be to request bail, or to rule on whether Ortiz is dangerous, or both. Under a dangerousness hearing, which was postponed Tuesday, a judge can rule Ortiz a danger because he allegedly had an illegal firearm in public and order him held without bail for 90 days.

Prosecutors in Massachusetts use the statute as insurance against a defendant lowering his bail and gaining release, a district attorney spokesman said.

Connors said, for now, Ortiz agreed to be held without bail for two reasons – he's indigent and "couldn't make bail if it were even $10,000 or $20,000" and because Connors needs time to obtain court documents. A judge Tuesday approved Connors' motion for discovery on several items, including search warrants and affidavits.

Connors said he might request bail at a later date, but didn't say why he believed Ortiz could come up with the money to post.

Although Ortiz is being held on a lesser charge, Connors said suspects on gun charges are held without bail "all the time in Bristol (Mass.) County," because district attorney Samuel Sutter is on a "special crusade" against gun violence.

When asked if Ortiz has been talking to prosecutors, as has been indicated in court documents, Connors said, "He's talking to me." Connors said he is aware of statements Ortiz made in the few days he was in custody before Connors was appointed to the case.

Connors refused to say whether Ortiz was in the car, as prosecutors contend, on June 17, the night Odin Lloyd, a Hernandez friend and semipro football player, was shot five times and left in an industrial park in North Attleborough, about a half-mile from Hernandez's home.

Prosecutors say Ortiz is one of the two men Hernandez summoned to help him kill Lloyd.

Connors said Ortiz -- last seen crying in a Bristol courtroom -- is "confused" and "afraid" and "depressed" at the "situation he finds himself in." Ortiz appeared more composed Tuesday.

Hernandez, 23, has pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges and is being held without bail. His attorneys have called the case against him "circumstantial" and "not strong" and say Hernandez is eager to prove his innocence. He is next due in court on July 24.

Ernest Wallace, who has been charged with being an accessory after the fact, made a brief court appearance at his arraignment on Monday. Wallace, 41, of Bristol and Miramar, Fla., has pleaded not guilty and has agreed to be held without bail until another hearing on July 22. With that agreement, prosecutors didn't have to show their case against Wallace during the arraignment, so no new details of the case were divulged.

Contributing: Brent Schrotenboer, USA TODAY Sports

Aaron Hernandez associate says former tight end fired shots that killed Odin Lloyd

aaron-hernandez-new-england-patriots-0702.jpg.JPG

Aaron Hernandez shot and killed Odin Lloyd last month, according to an associate with was with the two the night of Lloyd's death. (USA Today Sports)

The Associated Press By  The Associated Press  

on July 10, 2013 at 9:53 AM

ATTLEBORO, Mass. -- An associate of former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez said he was told Hernandez fired the shots that resulted in the death of a semi-pro football player, according to documents filed in Florida.

The records, obtained by The Associated Press, also show that a vehicle wanted in a double killing in Boston a year before had been rented in Hernandez's name.

Together, the revelations provide the most damning evidence yet against the 23-year-old star athlete.

Hernandez has been charged in the June killing of Boston semi-pro athlete Odin Lloyd. The records say Hernandez associate Carlos Ortiz told Massachusetts investigators that another man, Ernest Wallace, said Hernandez shot Lloyd in an industrial park near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough.

The gun used in the killing has not been found.

The documents were filed in court by the Miramar, Fla., police department to justify a search of Wallace's mother's home in that city.

The records also show that police, while investigating Lloyd's killing, searched in Hernandez's hometown of Bristol, Conn., and found a vehicle wanted in connection with a July 2012 double homicide near a Boston nightclub.

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty in Lloyd's killing. His legal team did not return email messages Tuesday. Wallace faces an accessory to murder charge in the case and has pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutors say Hernandez, Wallace and Ortiz drove with Lloyd in a rented Nissan Altima to the industrial park where Lloyd was fatally shot.

Ortiz told police that during the drive, Hernandez told Lloyd that Lloyd had been "chilling" with people Hernandez had problems with, the documents say. But Ortiz told police the two men shook hands and the problem seemed smoothed over. However, the Altima soon stopped, and everyone but Ortiz got out to urinate, according to Ortiz's account.

The witness told police he then heard gunshots before Hernandez and Wallace got back into the car without Lloyd and the car sped away.

Ortiz said he couldn't see who fired the shots because it was dark. Back at Hernandez's home, Ortiz said, Wallace asked him to get a small gun out from under the driver's seat. Ortiz said he did and gave it to Hernandez once they were inside.

Ortiz said he then went to sleep. When he woke up in the afternoon, according to his account, the three men returned the Altima and rented a Chrysler 300 before returning to Hernandez's home. Ortiz and Wallace then went to an apartment in the area that Hernandez and other football players used. Wallace let Ortiz in before leaving for a long time, the documents say. The two then drove to Bristol. Ortiz told police that Wallace said Hernandez shot Lloyd.

Hernandez, Wallace and Ortiz appear linked through Bristol. Wallace told Florida police he grew up with Hernandez's father. Ortiz's attorney, John Connors, said Tuesday his client, who's athletic and around the age of Hernandez's older brother, is from Bristol.

Meanwhile, eight search warrants were unsealed in Massachusetts after news organizations sought access to them. The warrants reveal the breadth of the investigation, with authorities scouring through everything from Hernandez's house to his phone to the contents of his team locker, which the Patriots emptied into a container after they released him.

A rifle, ammunition and video surveillance equipment were among the items police seized from Hernandez's home.

Records show Hernandez, who played tight end, became "argumentative" during his first encounter with police at his home about five hours after Lloyd's body was found by a jogger. Hernandez told police he had last seen Lloyd in Boston the day before. He asked, "What's with all the questions?" and locked the door behind him.

He then returned with his attorney's business card but didn't respond when police told him they were investigating a death, the records show.

"Mr. Hernandez slammed the door and relocked it behind him," the records read. "Mr. Hernandez did not ask officers whose death was being investigated. Mr. Hernandez's demeanor did not indicate any concern for the death of any person."

Hernandez came out later and agreed to be questioned at a police station.

The documents also say Hernandez called his girlfriend's cellphone and stopped her from speaking with police after they pulled her over and told her Lloyd was dead.

The guess here is that Lloyd was involved in the drug trade in some way with Hernandez.

Which doesn't mean that Odin Lloyd deserved to be shot in cold blood, but unfortunately things like this happen fairly frequently with people who are involved with drugs.

didn't Ortiz test positive for drugs when he was picked up ?   his testimony is useless.  prosecution will tear it to pieces. 

add to that no weapon and a jury of delusional bandwagon chowds and he may walk after all this

Aaron Hernandez will NOT be moved out of solitary confinement at the Bristol County Jail ... after officials decided it would be in his "best interest" to remain isolated from the general population, TMZ has learned. 

As we previously reported, the alleged murderer was placed in solitary right after he was booked -- fearing violent inmates might view the former NFL star as a "prize."  But officials vowed to review Aaron's situation and would consider moving him if they felt it was safe. 

But officials met yesterday and a rep for the jail tells TMZ ... after serious discussion, they decided NOT to move Hernandez, believing it would be in his "best interest" to stay. The insinuation -- he's still in danger. 

The jail rep says the ex-NFL star is "doing well" behind bars ... and hasn't had any problems so far. 

As far as visitors go -- "He has been getting visitors but we do not give out who is visiting him ... but people do come regularly."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2YsZQbpkg 

Maurkice Pouncey wearing "Free Hernandez" hat

By Neal Coolong @NealCoolong on Jul 14 2013, 12:29p 7

Stay connected for news and updates

Pouncey and his twin brother, Dolphins C Mike Pouncey, are seen at a night club wearing hats with the phrase "Free Hernandez" on it, referring to collegiate teammate Aaron Hernandez, who was arrested for the murder of Odin Lloyd.

In what appears to be, judging by the reaction on social media, an ill-advised move, Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey and his twin brother, Dolphins C Mike Pouncey, wore hats showing support for arrested collegiate teammate Aaron Hernandez at a night club.

bpi-ncpcmaeksog_medium.jpg

No outlet is confirming whether the twins wore those hats as part of the birthday celebration thrown for the Pounceys Saturday, but with plenty of listed NFL players in attendance, this seems like something that could get out of hand fast.

Pouncey_Party_medium.jpg

The Pounceys attended the University of Florida with Hernandez, the former Patriots tight end who was arrested for the murder of Odin Lloyd. Mike was roommates with Hernandez while they were there.

While neither have publicly come out and given their opinion whether they feel Hernandez is being wrongfully accused, it seems the hats they are wearing suggest they may be leaning in that direction.

Hat2_medium.jpg

This is causing quite the stir within Steeler Nation, with fans on Twitter calling for disciplinary action on the team's Pro Bowl center.

That isn't likely to happen, given past comments made by safety Ryan Clark and former Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall, but it won't be something the team will turn a deaf ear to, either.

Hernandez is a douche...I know he did it...I also know these type of murders happen 24/7...I know that when I was 14 I wore a free Mike Tyson shirt after he was convicted...I was a big fan...didnt even know him...that was my right...as it is theirs.

Poor taste maybe....deserving of public scrutiny maybe...but whos to say they dont feel the case is strong enough...like Zimmerman supportors.

Its so subject to censorship when opinions arent shared...where does it stop.

This is causing quite the stir within Steeler Nation, with fans on Twitter calling for disciplinary action on the team's Pro Bowl center.

This is why I hate people.  Why the f#ck should he get disciplinary action? For wearing a hat?  Public ridicule on Twitter or facebook? Sure.  But disciplinary action?  Hell in a handbasket I tells ya.

This is why I hate people.  Why the f#ck should he get disciplinary action? For wearing a hat?  Public ridicule on Twitter or facebook? Sure.  But disciplinary action?  Hell in a handbasket I tells ya.

A few extra laps would not hurt the fatties.  :)

Archived