Jets are a Joke - Locker Room Divisions Public Again

IPack

It's just a nicer way of saying Geno sucks and the FO wasted a pick on him when they could of drafted a TE or WR.

I have been critical of Geno but he's not necessarily a bad pick. He just needs time to adjust. Maybe in 10 weeks he will be ready at the bye. More likely he's ready next year or the year after.  I think people expecting him to be Russell Wilson are neglecting the overall difference in quality between the QB classes. 

I have been critical of Geno but he's not necessarily a bad pick. He just needs time to adjust. Maybe in 10 weeks he will be ready at the bye. More likely he's ready next year or the year after. I think people expecting him to be Russell Wilson are neglecting the overall difference in quality between the QB classes.

I'm expecting him to suck so I'm going to keep bitching about them wasting a high pick on him when we could have gotten a better player that could have step in right away until he proves me wrong.

If it takes to week 10 then so be it.

I'm expecting him to suck so I'm going to keep bitching about them wasting a high pick on him when we could have gotten a better player that could have step in right away until he proves me wrong.

If he does it by week10 I will be one happy mother****er

Such as?

It's just a nicer way of saying Geno sucks and the FO wasted a pick on him when they could of drafted a TE or WR.

So draft a WR or TE before you have a QB who can get them the ball?  And which TE or WR was out there in the 2nd round that could start right away?

So draft a WR or TE before you have a QB who can get them the ball? And which TE or WR was out there in the 2nd round that could start right away?

Woods and I'd rather them have drafted Oline or anyone else. I think Geno is a huge mistake.

Drafting a QB that's worse then Sanchez isn't going to help either.

Woods and I'd rather them have drafted Oline or anyone else. I think Geno is a huge mistake.

Drafting a QB that's worse then Sanchez isn't going to help either.

1.  You have no idea if he'll be worse than Sanchez.

2.  We'll continue to suck until we find a QB.  If Geno really does suck, we only burned a 2nd rounder on him.  Without doing so we'd be looking at Sanchez starting again for a FULL SEASON.  Might as well not even watch the Jets until 2014 in that scenario.

Of all the bad picks the Jets have ever made, this is not one of them, regardless of how Geno ends up doing.  We drafted the highest rated QB in the draft without having to burn one of our 1st rounders or trade up to get him.  Finding fault with it is ridiculous.

1. You have no idea if he'll be worse than Sanchez.

2. We'll continue to suck until we find a QB. If Geno really does suck, we only burned a 2nd rounder on him. Without doing so we'd be looking at Sanchez starting again for a FULL SEASON. Might as well not even watch the Jets until 2014 in that scenario.

Of all the bad picks the Jets have ever made, this is not one of them, regardless of how Geno ends up doing. We drafted the highest rated QB in the draft without having to burn one of our 1st rounders or trade up to get him. Finding fault with it is ridiculous.

Bro you can get a legit starter or two year starter with a second. If he doesnt pan out we made a bad choice. However I think he has a sh*tload of potential so I dont understand the hate. Kid ******* lit it up his senior year.

Bro you can get a legit starter or two year starter with a second. If he doesnt pan out we made a bad choice. However I think he has a sh*tload of potential so I dont understand the hate. Kid ******* lit it up his senior year.

You CAN get a legit starter, but none that have as much value as a starting QB.  It's a high reward pick with relatively low risk.  

1. You have no idea if he'll be worse than Sanchez.

2. We'll continue to suck until we find a QB. If Geno really does suck, we only burned a 2nd rounder on him. Without doing so we'd be looking at Sanchez starting again for a FULL SEASON. Might as well not even watch the Jets until 2014 in that scenario.

Of all the bad picks the Jets have ever made, this is not one of them, regardless of how Geno ends up doing. We drafted the highest rated QB in the draft without having to burn one of our 1st rounders or trade up to get him. Finding fault with it is ridiculous.

I just don't like the pick. I don't think he'll do good at all in the nfl and you can easily get a starter in the 2nd so it will be a waste.

If he was so great last season why did every team including the Jets (twice) pass on him?

No he didn't

He put up great #'s the beginning of the season.  The rest of the way he was blah.  he was awful in the Pinstripe Bowl.

If the Jets had used 9 or 13 on him it would have been a very bad selection.  At 39 I'm OK with it.  He does have upside, but he is a very long way from being an NFL QB.  I don't think he has the goods to be a special QB.  

I just don't like the pick. I don't think he'll do good at all in the nfl and you can easily get a starter in the 2nd so it will be a waste.

Not always true.  Look at the 2010 NFL draft (chosen because we've had 3 years to evaluate it).  How many of these 2nd rounders are starters entering the 2013 season?

* = currently starting in the NFL

Rodger Saffold*

Chris Cook*

Brian Price (Currently a free agent)

Dexter McCluster

Nate Allen

TJ Ward*

Arrelious Benn

Koa Misi*

Torell Troup

Gronk*

Sergio Kindle (Free Agent)

Lamarr Houston*

Zane Beadles*

Linval Joseph*

Daryl Washington*

Jimmy Clausen

Taylor Mays*

Javier Arenas

Toby Gerhart

Jason Worilds*

Jermaine Cunningham

Carlos Dunlap*

Sean Lee*

Mike Neal

Terrence Cody*

Ben Tate

Montario Hardesty

Golden Tate

Vlad Ducasse

Brandon Spikes*

Pat Angerer*

Charles Brown*

Jerome Murphy

Amari Spievey

Myron Lewis

Only about half (17) remain NFL starters just 3 years after being drafted.  Of that group, only 3 (Gronk, Beadles, Washington) have reached a Pro Bowl.  2 of the second rounders have been cut and are yet to be picked up by NFL teams, and several are buried deep on their teams' depth charts.

For the upside that the Geno pick can bring us, it was a good pick no matter how you splice it.  If he ends up a capable NFL starter, it was a GREAT pick.

Not always true.  Look at the 2010 NFL draft (chosen because we've had 3 years to evaluate it).  How many of these 2nd rounders are starters entering the 2013 season?

* = currently starting in the NFL

Rodger Saffold*

Chris Cook*

Brian Price (Currently a free agent)

Dexter McCluster

Nate Allen

TJ Ward*

Arrelious Benn

Koa Misi*

Torell Troup

Gronk*

Sergio Kindle (Free Agent)

Lamarr Houston*

Zane Beadles*

Linval Joseph*

Daryl Washington*

Jimmy Clausen

Taylor Mays*

Javier Arenas

Toby Gerhart

Jason Worilds*

Jermaine Cunningham

Carlos Dunlap*

Sean Lee*

Mike Neal

Terrence Cody*

Ben Tate

Montario Hardesty

Golden Tate

Vlad Ducasse

Brandon Spikes*

Pat Angerer*

Charles Brown*

Jerome Murphy

Amari Spievey

Myron Lewis

Only about half (17) remain NFL starters just 3 years after being drafted.  Of that group, only 3 (Gronk, Beadles, Washington) have reached a Pro Bowl.  2 of the second rounders have been cut and are yet to be picked up by NFL teams, and several are buried deep on their teams' depth charts.

For the upside that the Geno pick can bring us, it was a good pick no matter how you splice it.  If he ends up a capable NFL starter, it was a GREAT pick.

It's my opinion that it was a bad pick and I think the pick should have been used on another player. If I'm wrong great.

It's my opinion that it was a bad pick and I think the pick should have been used on another player. If I'm wrong great.

Its my opinion that you're just ripping on the pick to rip on it.  That's cool and all, gotta keep your reputation as Mr. Negative Guy I guess, but just come out and say that.

It's pretty hard to be positive about this team right now.

I actually am.  

They won't win anything, but I'll have the pleasure of not expecting them to win anything.  

They're doing a "proper" rebuild, even if the results on the scoreboard may be :bag: worthy.  (I've now used that :bag: thing in 3 of my last 5 posts I think).  I'm positive about the team because they aren't trying to patch up a zero-chance team by throwing good (cap) money at bad (a Sanchez-led team).  The easy thing for a new GM would have been to let Revis play out the year, trade for or sign a better but still unimpressive QB (Hasselbeck, etc.), re-sign Keller, and sign another FA WR (or trade up for Austin instead of staying pat since we wouldn't then draft a CB with a top 10 pick).  And we might have even won 9 games.  And the climb uphill to an ultimate goal would have been even more difficult to achieve.

This wasn't a team with 3 or 4 holes.  This was a team with over 10 holes (closer to 20 when you consider the needed depth on top of the needed starters), and limited cap resources to fill them with, entering a year with what looks to be a long, killer stretch in the schedule.  A complete overhaul is what was in order.

So I'm positive about the team right now, but not because of how many games I think they will or will not win this season.

I actually am.  

They won't win anything, but I'll have the pleasure of not expecting them to win anything.  

They're doing a "proper" rebuild, even if the results on the scoreboard may be :bag: worthy.  (I've now used that :bag: thing in 3 of my last 5 posts I think).  I'm positive about the team because they aren't trying to patch up a zero-chance team by throwing good (cap) money at bad (a Sanchez-led team).  The easy thing for a new GM would have been to let Revis play out the year, trade for or sign a better but still unimpressive QB (Hasselbeck, etc.), re-sign Keller, and sign another FA WR (or trade up for Austin instead of staying pat since we wouldn't then draft a CB with a top 10 pick).  And we might have even won 9 games.  And the climb uphill to an ultimate goal would have been even more difficult to achieve.

This wasn't a team with 3 or 4 holes.  This was a team with over 10 holes (closer to 20 when you consider the needed depth on top of the needed starters), and limited cap resources to fill them with, entering a year with what looks to be a long, killer stretch in the schedule.  A complete overhaul is what was in order.

So I'm positive about the team right now, but not because of how many games I think they will or will not win this season.

Good post but I'm still expecting the worst.

Good post but I'm still expecting the worst.

As you should.  But just keep in that small part of your brain reserved for hope the knowledge that we'll have $50M or so in cap room and tons of draft picks next offseason.  As long as Idzik is the real deal, we've got some really good things coming our way.

As you should.  But just keep in that small part of your brain reserved for hope the knowledge that we'll have $50M or so in cap room and tons of draft picks next offseason.  As long as Idzik is the real deal, we've got some really good things coming our way.

Wouldn't we still be in the same situation next year if we drafted another player in the second round?

Wouldn't we still be in the same situation next year if we drafted another player in the second round?

Not necessarily.  If Geno is the real deal then we won't need to spend our 1st rounder on the most important piece to our franchise's future:  A franchise QB.  That's why its a good pick.  If it works, Idzik is a genius.  If it doesn't, we'll have an early 1st rounder with which to pick someone else.  

I actually am.

They're doing a "proper" rebuild, even if the results on the scoreboard may be :bag: worthy. (I've now used that :bag: thing in 3 of my last 5 posts I think). I'm positive about the team because they aren't trying to patch up a zero-chance team by throwing good (cap) money at bad (a Sanchez-led team). The easy thing for a new GM would have been to let Revis play out the year, trade for or sign a better but still unimpressive QB (Hasselbeck, etc.), re-sign Keller, and sign another FA WR (or trade up for Austin instead of staying pat since we wouldn't then draft a CB with a top 10 pick). And we might have even won 9 games. And the climb uphill to an ultimate goal would have been even more difficult to achieve.

This wasn't a team with 3 or 4 holes. This was a team with over 10 holes (closer to 20 when you consider the needed depth on top of the needed starters), and limited cap resources to fill them with, entering a year with what looks to be a long, killer stretch in the schedule. A complete overhaul is what was in order.

I agree with all of this, except I won't breathe a sigh of relief until Rex is out. Him and Bradway are really the last remnants of the Tannenbaum/Herm Family tree. Get rid of Rex, minimize or fire Bradway, and it'll be a fresh start.

I agree with all of this, except I won't breathe a sigh of relief until Rex is out. Him and Bradway are really the last remnants of the Tannenbaum/Herm Family tree. Get rid of Rex, minimize or fire Bradway, and it'll be a fresh start.

I dont think Bradway is that bad. Apparently he was pounding the table about Russell Wilson.

Not necessarily. If Geno is the real deal then we won't need to spend our 1st rounder on the most important piece to our franchise's future: A franchise QB. That's why its a good pick. If it works, Idzik is a genius. If it doesn't, we'll have an early 1st rounder with which to pick someone else.

Fair enough. Ill stop bitching.

Archived