Summer Beverages

Borgoguy

Thought I'd start a thread so that folks can add their favorite libations over the course of the summer.  Feel free to include wine/beer/drink suggestions, mixology, etc.

Went wine/beer shopping earlier today.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that my beer guy now carries Captain Lawrence Kolsch.   I now have my summer go to beer.  Will crack one open with pizza tonight.

Never drank Kolsch (a style from Cologne, Germany) until two years ago.  Now, it's one of my favorite brews.  If Saranac would only sell sixes of their Kolsch instead of just including it in their Summer Sampler.

wmgm.jpg

corona with a lime

lame and gay

that's me

LOL.  What's up, Larz?

I can still recall back in the 80s when everybody was drinking that new fangled Corona with lime.  You still rockin' the spandex and Capezios?  :winking0001:

I am all about Harp lately. I think it's because of the green and white label.

harp-lager.jpg

That's a great beer.  I drink Harp and Smithwick's all the time.

My beers so far this summer:

36010.jpg2190.jpgSmmrAleCan_Drps_LRG-e1319817438847.jpg

Where do you get the Narragansett?  I've only had it whilst up in Rhode Island.

Also: They're advertising the heck out of that Summer Shandy.  What's that like?  Lemonade?

Summer requires beer in a can. Thankfully, some of the better brewers have gotten the message...

brooklyncansBIG.jpg

Are they the new coated aluminum cans?  Heard the coated cans are even better than bottles in keeping the beer's integrity and freshness.

During the warmer months, I throttle down on my red wine consumption, preferring a cool white varietal or a refreshing rosé.  I like the acidic bite of sauvignon blanc, so am chilling a bottle of this New Zealander for later:

ma71.jpg

I love that the New Zealand wine producers have gone almost exclusively to screw tops, even for their top end wines.  I hate opening a bottle only to find that the wine has picked up an off taste from a bad cork.  In a perfect world, all wines would have screw tops.

Where do you get the Narragansett?  I've only had it whilst up in Rhode Island.

Also: They're advertising the heck out of that Summer Shandy.  What's that like?  Lemonade?

I live in Massachusetts so they carry it up here.

And yes, the Summer Shandy has a lemon-lemonade taste to it, but not like a Mike's lemonade.

Summer requires beer in a can. Thankfully, some of the better brewers have gotten the message...

brooklyncansBIG.jpg

I"m a fan of the Pork Slap and Snapperhead

ButterNut.jpg

I live in Massachusetts so they carry it up here.

And yes, the Summer Shandy has a lemon-lemonade taste to it, but not like a Mike's lemonade.

'Gansett is disgusting. I live up in Mass too, I stick to the Harpoon, and a lot of the beers out of Maine.

My go-to during the summer is Geary's Hampshire Special Ale, Geary's Pale Ale, Gritty's Maine's Best IPA, Shipyard Export, Shipyard Monkeyfist IPA, and a handful of others that names escape me right now.

Recently I tried this, the Maine Brewing Company's packaging is kind of unique, they present their beers like a simple wine bottle label. The beer is fantastic:

zoe.JPG

Thought I'd start a thread so that folks can add their favorite libations over the course of the summer.  Feel free to include wine/beer/drink suggestions, mixology, etc.

Went wine/beer shopping earlier today.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that my beer guy now carries Captain Lawrence Kolsch.   I now have my summer go to beer.  Will crack one open with pizza tonight.

Never drank Kolsch (a style from Cologne, Germany) until two years ago.  Now, it's one of my favorite brews.  If Saranac would only sell sixes of their Kolsch instead of just including it in their Summer Sampler.

wmgm.jpg

Drinking a Saranac Kölsch right now. I love their seasonal sampler packs.

wmgm.jpg

My fiance took me on a cruise around the hundson/craft beer tasting for my birthday and they were featuring Captain Lawrence beers.  They were great.  Would definitely buy if I saw them.

Drinking a Saranac Kölsch right now. I love their seasonal sampler packs.

Hi, Bob.  Their Kölsch is fantastic. 

Haven't bought this year's sampler.  In the past, I have enjoyed all the Saranac brews except for the blueberry blonde ale. It just fought with my palate.

My fiance took me on a cruise around the hundson/craft beer tasting for my birthday and they were featuring Captain Lawrence beers.  They were great.  Would definitely buy if I saw them.

Sounds like a fun birthday.  You have found yourself a keeper.  Congratulations on the impending nuptials.

Yeah, you cannot go wrong with any of the Captain Lawrence beers.  For me, all are very well crafted.

Archived