Knicks/Nets offseason scuttlebutt

T0mShane

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barn-yarn-knee.

Why?  LIke, if it was just Camby and Novak I wouldn't care.  It would actually be a reasonable salary dump if they didn't include the picks.  But as it stand the best possible outcome is that its a lateral move that the front office pissed away draft picks on.

More favors for CAA.

Cant wait for Melo to get a new fat max contract in 2015.

Bad contracts to overrated players, flush draft picks down the toilet....Dolan will never learn.

Nah, Melo will opt out after this season and sign with Clippers to team up with CP3.

Then you can root for the Knicks with no star players, no 1st rounders and bad contracts.

Nah, Melo will opt out after this season and sign with Clippers to team up with CP3.

Then you can root for the Knicks with no star players, no 1st rounders and bad contracts.

Who's to blame for that?  Dolan hasnt changed at all....same bad decision after bad decision...no draft picks, overpriced stars...

Who's to blame for that?  Dolan hasnt changed at all....same bad decision after bad decision...no draft picks, overpriced stars...

The biggest problem right now is Amar'e.  The fact that Dolan is a brain damaged child doesn't help anything.  

Dolan is the Devil.

But that said, Im not going to hate on every move the team makes.

But I dont like this trade because of the 2016 1st, which Denver has a right to swap. The main benefit is that AB only has 2 years on deal and Knicks actually save money in 2015.

Dolan is the Devil.

But that said, Im not going to hate on every move the team makes.

But I dont like this trade because of the 2016 1st, which Denver has a right to swap. The main benefit is that AB only has 2 years on deal and Knicks actually save money in 2015.

Also worth noting that the Knicks drafts and foreign acquisitions have been solid under Greenwald.  It's the pro personnel side that has given up picks for the likes of Camby and AB.

So it's kind of baffling why they are so free with the picks.

Are you arguing for the sake of arguing again, Dom?

T0m said something stupid about Hardaway playing the point, although everyone knows Hardaway is a SG. Then, surprisingly, you respond to T0m as if he had asked a legitimate question when it was clearly nonsense since again, Hardaway is as much a PG as Melo.

I never said I wanted Shump distributing. Hes not an NBA PG either, but he has played the position, which was something Hardaway never did.

How the **** am I supposed to know what T0m is talking about.  I have some friends that genuinely believe that Shumpert can play the point.  He can play the point in an emergency and take the ball up and down the court, but he's no point.  The fact that T0m is talking sh*t or Hardaway would be worse at it are close to irrelevant.  I didn't think we were arguing.

How the **** am I supposed to know what T0m is talking about. I have some friends that genuinely believe that Shumpert can play the point. He can play the point in an emergency and take the ball up and down the court, but he's no point. The fact that T0m is talking sh*t or Hardaway would be worse at it are close to irrelevant. I didn't think we were arguing.

In you're defense, it's hard to understand what T0m is saying most of the time.

I cant see anyone getting worked up over losing draft picks. What champions in the NBA were really built through the draft?  The Heat were basically an all acquisition team. I think Dirk was the only member of the Mavs key guys to be a draft pick from the start. The Celtics clearly were an all acquisition team. The Lakers had Kobe and Bynum. Gasol, Artest, and Odom were all acquired. The Spurs are really the only team that has been built from the draft and Duncan was such a rare find in that he won with the team that drafted him. Neither LeBron nor Shaq did that. 

I cant see anyone getting worked up over losing draft picks. What champions in the NBA were really built through the draft? The Heat were basically an all acquisition team. I think Dirk was the only member of the Mavs key guys to be a draft pick from the start. The Celtics clearly were an all acquisition team. The Lakers had Kobe and Bynum. Gasol, Artest, and Odom were all acquired. The Spurs are really the only team that has been built from the draft and Duncan was such a rare find in that he won with the team that drafted him. Neither LeBron nor Shaq did that.

As it relates to the Nets, the real issue is that the three guys that the Nets have (that the cap allows any team to build around) are all question marks, particularly Johnson and Lopez. You're right that teams get built around acquisitions, but the Nets Big Three just don't measure up, which puts an onus on finding better than average talent to complement them. Doing so with Garnett and Pierce is awesome in the short term, scary outside of two years.

In you're defense, it's hard to understand what T0m is saying most of the time.

You guys are dicks. All I asked is if Hardaway was a combo-type guard that can play point, too. Knick jerks. CAA controls the Knicks more than the NCAA controls college basketball.

You guys are dicks. All I asked is if Hardaway was a combo-type guard that can play point, too. Knick jerks. CAA controls the Knicks more than the NCAA controls college basketball.

I'm a dick, but this discussion has nothing to do with it.  Hardaway Jr is 6'6".  He's probably as close to a swing G/F as a PG.  He's too skinny for SF now, but I didn't see anything from him that would indicate he could play point other than the name.

I'm a dick, but this discussion has nothing to do with it. Hardaway Jr is 6'6". He's probably as close to a swing G/F as a PG. He's too skinny for SF now, but I didn't see anything from him that would indicate he could play point other than the name.

So's your face.

I'm a dick, but this discussion has nothing to do with it. Hardaway Jr is 6'6". He's probably as close to a swing G/F as a PG. He's too skinny for SF now, but I didn't see anything from him that would indicate he could play point other than the name.

Dumb T0m was saying dumb stuff.

Hardaway has never been a never will be a PG. The Knicks wanted a wing player. If they wanted a PG they wouldve drafted one.

Dumb T0m was saying dumb stuff.

Hardaway has never been a never will be a PG. The Knicks wanted a wing player. If they wanted a PG they wouldve drafted one.

First two sentences?... sure.  Third sentence?  not so sure.  It's not like they haven't done this before. Isn't this how they ended up with Shumpert playing point in 2011-12?  Or were we supposed to be counting on Baron Davis and Mike Bibby to fill all those minutes?

First two sentences?... sure. Third sentence? not so sure. It's not like they haven't done this before. Isn't this how they ended up with Shumpert playing point in 2011-12? Or were we supposed to be counting on Baron Davis and Mike Bibby to fill all those minutes?

You make it easy to argue for sake of arguing, LOL.

Its not remotely the same because at lesst Shump played PG in college and HS. Hardaway never did. And the Davis Bibby mess was because D'A thought Toney Douglas could play point which was crazy.

They have Felton and hopefully Prigs. There is also talk of bringing in another PG.

Knicks interested in Brand and Barnes. Nate Robinson mentioned too.

I would LOVE the first two on the vet minimum or around there. Robinson would be terrifying.

There's competition for Brand, so you're not going to get him at minimum. Robinson is also going to get paid.

There's competition for Brand, so you're not going to get him at minimum. Robinson is also going to get paid.

He's got amnesty money, so if he really wants to be in NY he might take the minimum or thereabouts.  Maybe they split the mini MLE between him and Prigs or something.  I think Copeland is as good as gone.

I'd rather not ride the Nate Robinson rollercoaster anyway.

ALSO SHUT UP

You make it easy to argue for sake of arguing, LOL.

Its not remotely the same because at lesst Shump played PG in college and HS. Hardaway never did. And the Davis Bibby mess was because D'A thought Toney Douglas could play point which was crazy.

They have Felton and hopefully Prigs. There is also talk of bringing in another PG.

Hahaha.  Toney Douglas!  Isn't this the coach/GM fight?  I'm not sure I would want a GM that would let my coach go into a season with Toney Douglas as the only point not collecting social security.

Davis was like Kidd.  They would have been good for 5-10 minutes a night, but when you are stuck relying on them for true minutes you are screwed.  Davis had the added problem of being constantly injured.

Archived