Knicks/Nets offseason scuttlebutt

T0mShane

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of washed-up power forwards, it sounds like Elton Brand really wants the Knicks to find the money to sign him.

Elton Brand was a sophmore in high school when Kevin Garnett started in the NBA.

Broussard reporting that Nets out of running for Korver

Broussard, yesterday, called that a done deal. How does this guy keep a job?

That said, if somebody wants to give Kyle Korver more than $3 mil per, good luck to them. The shooting guard market is absurd right now. Monta Ellis is going to get $12 mil. Kevin Martin got $7 mil. Lord knows what JR will get.

KG is still really good.

KG was 14.8 ppg regular season and 12.7 ppg in postseason, both down from 15.8 ppg and 19.2 ppg respectively last season.

Feds shut down Biogenesis in Miami. KG next year wont be the same or better.

That said, if somebody wants to give Kyle Korver more than $3 mil per, good luck to them. The shooting guard market is absurd right now. Monta Ellis is going to get $12 mil. Kevin Martin got $7 mil. Lord knows what JR will get.

Agreed on Korver. Bucs are just throwing money around.

I wont be heartbroken if JR leaves. He can go to Bucs or Pistons and not worry about embarrassing himself in playoffs.

That's the thing isn't it?  No one really knows what J.R. is going to get.  I'm sure his playoff meltdown scared at least some buyers away, but all it takes is a stupid or desperate GM to give him the same deal that Martin got or more.  

I wouldn't miss Earl much if the consolation prize was getting Barnes and moving Shumpert back to the 2.  

haha, Broussard confirmed Woj's report via twitter. He's the best.

They all leach off Woj its disgusting.

Woj is such a respected reporter that when someone denies something but he reports the contrary, the beat guys call it Wojbombed. LOL

What ever happened to that moron that claimed he had all the inside info on Dwight Howard last year? Broussard is essentially that guy now.

Jarrod Rudolph of RealGM.

When the facts showed he was full of it he tweeted, "When I'm wrong I'm wrong."

Reports are that both JR and Prigs will be re-signed by this weekend unless some dumb team offers JR $10m per (Earl Sr. said that).

Cope is as good as gone. This will be his only big NBA contract and he has to chace the money as a 30 yrs old second year player.

Reports are that both JR and Prigs will be re-signed by this weekend unless some dumb team offers JR $10m per (Earl Sr. said that).

Cope is as good as gone. This will be his only big NBA contract and he has to chace the money as a 30 yrs old second year player.

Earl Sr. seems like an awful parent. 

Congrats on getting JR locked up. I love how twisted up the media is with this year's free agency. If you follow the HoopsHype rumors tracker thing, it reads like a comedy sketch with the way these reporters contradict themselves on a day-to-day basis. They've had JR "gone" for about two weeks now.

They really, really, really had to sign JR, or they'd have to pray that Hardaway was the real deal.

what they really should be doing is starting the rebuild.

This roster has a 0% chance of winning a title over the next 3 years. All of their picks are pissed away. I'd rather be the Celtics right now. There's no in between in the NBA. Ainge started the rebuild 2 years ago.

This roster has a 0% chance of winning a title over the next 3 years. All of their picks are pissed away. I'd rather be the Celtics right now. There's no in between in the NBA. Ainge started the rebuild 2 years ago.

We're all just hoping that Lebron sprains an ankle in May, anyway.

Probably. But the Heat are beatable. And the 0% chance of winning a title has little to do with Lebron.

I don't like the Knicks' roster one bit, and it won't win them dick, I agree. But at the same time, I don't see what they could have done differently. The salary cap in the NBA is so restrictive and poorly designed that if you miss on one of your two max-ish players, you're screwed for three to five seasons. They really need to consider bumping the cap ten mil, so playoff series don't get decided by who has the best minimum-salary players coming off the bench.

How would they go about rebuilding now?

And why would they rebuild now when under the current construction they'd have the cap flexibility to sign 3 max players in 2015?

How would they go about rebuilding now?

And why would they rebuild now when under the current construction they'd have the cap flexibility to sign 3 max players in 2015?

I can't believe you're already writing off the Carnelo Era. Shameful, really.

I can't believe you're already writing off the Carnelo Era. Shameful, really.

LOL, Im including Melo as one of those 3 max contracts. :)

Realizing that Lebron is never coming to NY, in 2015 Im signing Hibbert, Melo and Rondo.

Archived