Mike Holmgren Believes Sanchez Will Have Fine Year

flgreen

Good, then Holmgren can take Sanchez and his $6 million salary. Let's see how far Sanchez can take the Seahawks.

Personally, I agree that Sanchez can have a fine year. After all, I think ESPN 5 needs a commentator for its NCAA post-game wrap up show at 2am. Sanchez would do very well there.

Good, then Holmgren can take Sanchez and his $6 million salary. Let's see how far Sanchez can take the Seahawks.

Personally, I agree that Sanchez can have a fine year. After all, I think ESPN 5 needs a commentator for its NCAA post-game wrap up show at 2am. Sanchez would do very well there.

John Schneider and Pete might have a major problem with Holmgren taking Sanchez to the Seahawks

Maybe Homgren would like to take over another organization in trouble, and would put Sanchez in until a new draftee takes over.

Holmgren might figure Sanchez' role this year is the same as Kurt Warner's role with respect to Eli-play for half the year, get replaced in midseason, then move onto another team. The Giants virtually announced that Warner was only there until Eli was ready to take over, and Warner played well before being replaced anyway.  Holmgren might like to get a new team to be on the receiving end of a trade for Sanchez.

Maybe Homgren would like to take over another organization in trouble, and would put Sanchez in until a new draftee takes over.

Holmgren might figure Sanchez' role this year is the same as Kurt Warner's role with respect to Eli-play for half the year, get replaced in midseason, then move onto another team. The Giants virtually announced that Warner was only there until Eli was ready to take over, and Warner played well before being replaced anyway.  Holmgren might like to get a new team to be on the receiving end of a trade for Sanchez.

Can't read Holmgren's mind, and perhaps The Ape is right," it's an even deeper, darker level of psychology".

But until I finish my prophet course, and get fully certified, I'm taking Holgren at his word.

“I think actually he’s going to have a fine year,” Holmgren said.   Seems pretty straight forward to me

same question as last summer when all those reports were coming out about mark looking "buff" "in shape" and "confident": can you win comeback player of the year award if all you are coming back from is sucking?

same question as last summer when all those reports were coming out about mark looking "buff" "in shape" and "confident": can you win comeback player of the year award if all you are coming back from is sucking?

I know Pennington was technically coming back from injury but let's be honest with each other....

Now that I've given this a little more thought I would have to say that even if Sanchez has a lights out, All-Pro worthy season next year he still doesn't qualify for "comeback" player of the year. 

He would have had to have had at least one good season first, then suck, then be good AGAIN in order for it be considered a "comeback."

Holmgrem is out of the NFL for a reason, the game has passed him by. The only thing he ever did in football was luck into getting Favre as his QB.

Unless he means that Sanchez will be fine as Genos backup. Even then I don't think he holds a clipboard the right way

he sooo "lucked out" on Hasselbeck as well?

Archived