WR dept. : Marcus Davis ~ ~ ~

kelly

We continue our summer Q and A series with Jets wide receiver Marcus Davis. He was an undrafted free agent out of Virginia Tech. After originally signing with the Giants, Davis was cut and landed with the Jets after they claimed him off waivers in May. At 6-foot-3, Davis turned some heads with the most eye-popping catch on the first day of mini-camp.

Do you come into this with any expectations for yourself ?

My first expectation is to make the team. Whether it's the 53-man or it's the practice team, just do all that I can to show that them that I can help this team in a positive way. Just go out and work my butt off, whether it's in practice or it's in preseason or it's on special teams, anything that I can do, that's my first expectation.

What are your offseason plans ?

Go back home, be with the family and just train and work everyday. Especially conditioning-wise, keep that up and be ready to come back in July.

Has there been anyone that you've leaned on for help ?

Yes, Santonio (Holmes). He's given great, great help. Whether it's in film or walk-throughs or practice. He's not able to go right now but as far as another coach, that player-coach, he's been great.

Does he pull you aside or do you go to him ?

Both. If he sees something wrong he doesn't bite his tongue. He'll tell you about it. He'll tell you what you did, what you need to do to correct it. If it's in the film room, he'll tell coach, 'Hold on. I see this and this and that.' He'll tell you. That's something I really needed and something that I really want from someone I look up to. It kind of pushes me, when Santonio tells me to do this better, I'm going to try to do it like this and try to do it his way because obviously it's worked for him. It's great to have around.

> http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/07/jets_summer_qa_with_wr_marcus_davis.html

This is the first year I can recall young players talking about how much Holmes is helping them.   He is hanging onto  his NFL career by the skin of his teeth.  If his contract weren't guaranteed, like Sanchez, he'd be gone.  He's trying to give teams a reason to still be interested in him next year.

If he comes back healthy, he'll be the same ole Tone

This is the first year I can recall young players talking about how much Holmes is helping them.   He is hanging onto  his NFL career by the skin of his teeth.  If his contract weren't guaranteed, like Sanchez, he'd be gone.  He's trying to give teams a reason to still be interested in him next year.

If he comes back healthy, he'll be the same ole Tone

How many young wide receivers have we drafted since he's been here that have been worth interviewing?

Just because Santonio makes the effort to help younger players, doesn't mean his advice is worth sh*t.

Similar to how just because Sanchez studies his ass off, it doesn't mean it matters for sh*t on the field.

Just because Santonio makes the effort to help younger players, doesn't mean his advice is worth sh*t.

Similar to how just because Sanchez studies his ass off, it doesn't mean it matters for sh*t on the field.

+1

Players always described TO as an awesome teammate, too. Tone's problem has never been with teammates, it's with authority.

First of all, Santonio Holmes is a much better wide receiver than Sanchez is a quarterback. Second, his advice not being worth sh*t is not really the point.

I really don't want this to become me defending Holmes. I just think it's not as black and white as would be perceived at first blush.

First of all, Santonio Holmes is a much better wide receiver than Sanchez is a quarterback. Second, his advice not being worth sh*t is not really the point.

I really don't want this to become me defending Holmes. I just think it's not as black and white as would be perceived at first blush.

Leave it to you to go racial on this.

The topic people seem to be cratering on from this interview is that Santonio gave Davis advice. So yeah, it not being worth sh*t is sorta the point.

What doesn't actually matter is that Santonio is better at playing his position than Sanchez, not sure why you think that's relevant. We are talking about how players advise one another and prepare for games. My point was that just because Santonio gives advice, doesn't mean it's helping anyone improve... just like how Sanchez studying harder than anyone ever, doesn't seem to help him improve.

Nobody asked you to defend Holmes. In order to do that, you are first going to have to wrap your head around the proper context for the discussion being had.

The topic people seem to be cratering on from this interview is that Santonio gave Davis advice. So yeah, it not being worth sh*t is sorta the point.

What doesn't actually matter is that Santonio is better at playing his position than Sanchez, not sure why you think that's relevant. We are talking about how players advise one another and prepare for games. My point was that just because Santonio gives advice, doesn't mean it's helping anyone improve... just like how Sanchez studying harder than anyone ever, doesn't seem to help him improve.

Nobody asked you to defend Holmes. In order to do that, you are first going to have to wrap your head around the proper context for the discussion being had.

I'm a bit of a narcissist. Hope that explains.

But while we're here, I don't pretend to know what Santonio Holmes is saying to Marcus Davis or whether it's more helpful than what Mark Sanchez would have to say to a fellow QB. Your post really said nothing, if you look at it.

What you said basically is "Well Santonio's advice can be worth sh*t, I don't know if it's worth sh*t, I doubt it is, but he's giving the advice and it may not be worth sh*t, or might be worth at least a little bit of sh*t, but I have no idea just how sh*tty it is."

No, I pretty clearly inferred that Santonios advice IS worth sh*t. None of the ambiguity you suggest.

You should have corked it at "narcissist".

You have no idea if Holmes' advice is worth anything, do you?

You assume it does because you've deemed it so. Would you like to join our club?

You have no idea if Holmes' advice is worth anything, do you?

You assume it does because you've deemed it so. Would you like to join our club?

I just told you it's not worth anything, it's like... My opinion, man.

You guys ever wonder about the Ape at home? I picture him shutting down his computer, then immediately starting an argument with his bedroom wall.

That must be why they are padded.

You need to not just tone it down, but completely end your continued, "I'm smart and you're stupid," posts. It needs to come to a complete and total halt.

Argue some sort of semantics about how you're calling the idea stupid, or the post stupid, but not the poster, and I'll ban you rather than reply.

Thank you for your attention.

You need to not just tone it down, but completely end your continued, "I'm smart and you're stupid," posts. It needs to come to a complete and total halt.

Argue some sort of semantics about how you're calling the idea stupid, or the post stupid, but not the poster, and I'll ban you rather than reply.

Now there's a tall glass of STFU!!!

The jokes on him. I usually agree with 90 percent of what he says. :)

Troll.

The jokes on him. I usually agree with 90 percent of what he says. :)

I know you do, and I didn't call you stupid. I said "wrap your head around the context", and the idea of slats telling anyone to stop leaning on the "I'm smart, you aren't" angle is laughable.

Archived